Back to back - can I leave my luggage?

dakloze

Hi,

Silly question, I know. We're getting ready for our back to back. I managed to book the same room for both cruises, on the same ship. Can I leave my luggage in the room or do I have to take it off the ship and drag it back on?

You should just let your cabin steward know you're staying in the same cabin back-to-back. He/she should already be aware of that, but better to verify. Towards the end of the cruise you'll get instructions about what to do. You can, of course, choose to get off the ship and then back on before embarkation, but they also usually have a private breakfast area and depending on customs requirements at the time, if you stay aboard will want you to all be somewhere to be re-cleared officially. If by the last day you haven't gotten such instructions you should stop at the guest services and ask about it.

Check in with Guest Services also mid way through the first cruise to make sure they have you down as Consecutive and as previously mentioned, let your cabin attendant know also. chances are they will have you down. You need to mark Consecutive on your On Line Check in under the departure page and how you will be leaving. Click the arrow on the side to get the drop down menu and select Consecutive. Depending on how many B2B's there are, they may or may not have a breakfast.

Your welcome, every port may handle the procedure differently, sometimes your taken off as a group or once you have your new Sea pass Card you might be allowed to leave the ship until you need to return as we did going from the Transpacific to our Hawaii to Seattle cruise. As earlier mentioned you will probably have a meeting 2 days before you arrive so be sure and look for that information in an envelope in your room. If you don't get any information be sure and check with Guest Relations regarding the Meeting.

I had a B2B with the same cabin. Went to the meeting place for the B2Bers to receive our new sea pass cards. Left our cabin as is. Found out we were upgraded to another cabin. Had to get off the ship and couldn’t get right back on because of a Coast Guard inspection. Didn’t get back on the ship until around 11:30, then had to go to the B2B luncheon. Got back to our first cabin at 1:15 and cabins opened at 1:30 for new guests. We had 15 min to gather up our belongings and move to the new cabin. It was our first upgrade in about 40 cruises, but, wasn’t real happy it was done this way....only went from an inside to ocean view. Had it been a balcony or suite, I would have been much happier. We did everything ourselves. Crew member stood outside the cabin with the cart for our belongings. They did move that to the new cabin though.

Gwen [emoji3]

We did our first b2b on Oasis last year and had the same cabin. You unpack once. You'll get a letter in your cabin the first leg with instructions on where and when to meet on turnaround day. We went to breakfast and back to our cabin until it was time to meet in the Schooner bar and watched people getting off. The loyalty ambassador was there handing out new sea passes. We then walked off and to customs and were the first to reboard. Actually DH and I were #2 and #3. It appears to be different cruise to cruise, homeport to homeport and ship to ship. Some report not even walking off. Others walk off and right back on. We ended up waiting about 20 min to reboard. Our b2b luncheon was in Giovanni's and then we were able to go back to our cabin at our leisure. No unpacking or anything else. Just had to attend the muster drill again. We're doing another b2b next year on Harmony.

Our steward was going home (India) after our first leg so we had a new one but they had communicated so our new steward knew we were b2b.

Check in with Guest Services also mid way through the first cruise to make sure they have you down as Consecutive and as previously mentioned, let your cabin attendant know also. chances are they will have you down. You need to mark Consecutive on your On Line Check in under the departure page and how you will be leaving. Click the arrow on the side to get the drop down menu and select Consecutive. Depending on how many B2B's there are, they may or may not have a breakfast.

That option is no longer on the new set sail pass format.

I had a B2B with the same cabin. Went to the meeting place for the B2Bers to receive our new sea pass cards. Left our cabin as is. Found out we were upgraded to another cabin. Had to get off the ship and couldn’t get right back on because of a Coast Guard inspection. Didn’t get back on the ship until around 11:30, then had to go to the B2B luncheon. Got back to our first cabin at 1:15 and cabins opened at 1:30 for new guests. We had 15 min to gather up our belongings and move to the new cabin. It was our first upgrade in about 40 cruises, but, wasn’t real happy it was done this way....only went from an inside to ocean view. Had it been a balcony or suite, I would have been much happier. We did everything ourselves. Crew member stood outside the cabin with the cart for our belongings. They did move that to the new cabin though.

Gwen [emoji3]

I only sail B2B or B2B2B, this is reason I don't sign up to get upgrades. Sorry happened to you, and on a weekend unscheduled Coast Guard Inspection, nothing do about that though...

The consecutive cruisers are invited to a special luncheon in the MDR not a breakfast. We've been to 10 or 15 luncheons but never a mention of a special breakfast.

Dr. grounded the DH from sailing for 6 months after some major surgery so we aren't going again until December and e-docs are not up yet, but I can't see them taking "consecutive cruiser" off means of arrival and means of departure in the on-line check-in. That is the way the RCI staffers get ahead of the game in arranging alternative transportation for their guests if something happens with the ship.

By all means, just leave your cabin on turn-around day just as you would any other day. No need to pack up anything if not changing cabins.

but I can't see them taking "consecutive cruiser" off means of arrival and means of departure in the on-line check-in. That is the way the RCI staffers get ahead of the game in arranging alternative transportation for their guests if something happens with the ship.

It's been removed. The new online check in is very short. Name, address, emergency contact, passport info, and credit card info.

Retired Leo, that is interesting to know, thank you. We have only done the one B2B in 2014. Daughter & I will be doing a B2B on the Freedom but not until 2020. Thank you for that information. I didn't noticed that for our 2015 & 2017 cruises since we came right home afterwards. How do they know you will be continuing on the following cruise then.

One thing I did notice on the turn around day of our B2B was that our cabin didn't get cleaned until very late that day. We were in the same cabin for both cruises and it was no problem but just noticeable. I figured they wanted to get all of the other cabins done for the new passengers before the B2B people.

One thing I did notice on the turn around day of our B2B was that our cabin didn't get cleaned until very late that day. We were in the same cabin for both cruises and it was no problem but just noticeable. I figured they wanted to get all of the other cabins done for the new passengers before the B2B people.

Big difference between cleaning a cabin when the same folks will be there, and cleaning a cabin for new occupants. Especially what they have to do in the bathroom.

I always tell my cabin steward that s/he can skip my cabin until evening turndown on turnaround day.

Not only can you leave your luggage, you don’t have to pack it either. Now if you were changing rooms you’d have to pack but Royal would move them to your new room.

My friends end did a B2B on Empress last year, different rooms, and his room steward offered to pack up their stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The consecutive cruisers are invited to a special luncheon in the MDR not a breakfast. We've been to 10 or 15 luncheons but never a mention of a special breakfast.

Dr. grounded the DH from sailing for 6 months after some major surgery so we aren't going again until December and e-docs are not up yet, but I can't see them taking "consecutive cruiser" off means of arrival and means of departure in the on-line check-in. That is the way the RCI staffers get ahead of the game in arranging alternative transportation for their guests if something happens with the ship.

By all means, just leave your cabin on turn-around day just as you would any other day. No need to pack up anything if not changing cabins.

Our lunch on turnaround day on Oasis was in Giovanni's. I've seen it in the MDR on Grandeur, so it does vary by ship and probably dependent on the number/size of specialty restaurants. But, you are correct, no special breakfast. I just did my setsail for our Oct cruise don't remember if I saw "consecutive cruiser" on it.

OP - no need to pack up. Enjoy a leisure breakfast and mid morning. When you reboard you can go to your cabin, even though they are not open to the general population.

We have had a few B2B cruises with just s few consecutive cruisers so we did not have any special luncheon. Last year on Majesty there was just one other couple. Just got off Oasis B2B and had a large B2B crowd and nice lunch in Giovanni’s.

Enjoy.

M