Rating the ships

Lees Cruisin

Funny the varying opinions of Ventura/Azura when they are same build just differing decoration. We cruised on Ventura and didnt like her at all and have never cruised on her since. We did Azura maiden cruise and loved her immediately and have sailed on her 5 times in total. Dont know what it was the atmosphere, the passengers or the crew but very hard to explain.

You're right, you just can't put a finger on why this should be. I know a lot of people don't like Ventura, but we've never had a bad experience on her. I think it's great how ships develop their own character, a 'soul' even, and it would soon become quite dull if you got an identical experience every time.

(Artemis)

(Adonia)

Aurora

Oriana

Arcadia

Oceania

No desire to sail on Azura, Ventura, Britannia or Iona

We loved Artemis and the original Adonia (i.e. the sister ship to Oceana). We never got the opportunity to sail on the later (smaller) Adonia but I think we would have liked it.

You're right, you just can't put a finger on why this should be. I know a lot of people don't like Ventura, but we've never had a bad experience on her. I think it's great how ships develop their own character, a 'soul' even, and it would soon become quite dull if you got an identical experience every time.

Probably for us with Ventura was that a few of the publicised facilities that were publicised in the hype prior to the cruise either didnt happen or were not up to the hype and expectation.

Impossible question. We have no favourite at all. When choosing a cruise we look at when we can cruise first. Which ships are going where. Then we pick the cruise. If we have not sailed with the ship for a while she goes to the top of the lost.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Forums mobile app

...Special place in my heart though goes to the old Sea Princess which became Victoria. Bounced around a lot in rough weather but a gorgeous ship.

I'm with you there! Victoria was the first P&O ship we sailed on. Loved her. Originally built as the Kungsholm in 1966 by John Brown & Co in Glasgow, for Swedish America Line. A real Ocean Liner.

Aurora

Arcadia

Oceana

Azura

Oriana

Britannia

and having got off Ventura yesterday, have crossed her off the list forever. Still trying to get through to my travel agent to cancel booked cruise on her in 2019 and rebook another ship.

It's been interesting to see the variation in all the responses. I was trying to get an idea of how popular the ships were if all the votes were added up and averaged out. So I've just done a calculation based on the position each ship was placed in everyone's list and divided by the number of times each ship was mentioned. The current standings are:

Aurora

Arcadia

Oceana

Oriana

Azura

Britannia

Ventura

Well it was something to do when Bodyguard finished - and I'm hoping my calculation method is sound!!!

Interesting, clarifies that most who posted don't like the larger ships !

Yes, and that Ventura really is the least popular - at least amongst those of us who posted on here. Of course we may not be representative of the passenger demographic as a whole - in fact I'd guess we're not. But still interesting so get a feel of how people rate them.

It's been interesting to see the variation in all the responses. I was trying to get an idea of how popular the ships were if all the votes were added up and averaged out. So I've just done a calculation based on the position each ship was placed in everyone's list and divided by the number of times each ship was mentioned. The current standings are:

Aurora

Arcadia

Oceana

Oriana

Azura

Britannia

Ventura

Well it was something to do when Bodyguard finished - and I'm hoping my calculation method is sound!!!

Fantastic info, thank you.

We have not sailed on enough different ships to have entered, but absolutely loved Britannia, surprised to see her so low down.

Our next 2 cruises are on Aurora, so very happy to see her at the top of the list.

Thanks again, what will you do next week when Bodyguard has finished for good??

Aurora

Arcadia

Oceana

Oriana

Azura

Britannia

Ventura

Well done Kruzseeka, I was just about post that I hoped someone would collate the responses.

Fantastic info, thank you.

We have not sailed on enough different ships to have entered, but absolutely loved Britannia, surprised to see her so low down.

Our next 2 cruises are on Aurora, so very happy to see her at the top of the list.

Thanks again, what will you do next week when Bodyguard has finished for good??

I'm going on a cruise! :D

Although I was surprised at how mixed some people's preferences were - mid-size/large ships mixed up in their list, I do think a quite a lot of people fall into the category of either preferring the mid-size ships or the larger ships. But sometimes a good itinerary/lovely people met on a cruise/good weather/special memories etc over-rides other aspects of the ship which in different circumstances you may not have warmed to in the same way. It's all so personal. All I can say is that whilst I've liked some ships more than others - sometimes quite a lot more - I've always really enjoyed every cruise. But Aurora is my favourite! Enjoy! ;)