3 Free Drinks - do they have to be consumed between 5 and 8 pm

pink845

Going to be a Diamond member after my next Cruise, with regards to the three free drinks, can I consume them any time during the day at any bar or do I have to drink between 5 and 8 pm. Also, does one get three free drinks each day of the cruise or is it three free drinks to be used sometime during the 7 day cruise.

The three free drinks are loaded on your Seapass card. They are available daily. They are not cumulative; if you don’t use one day, you lose.

Drinks are available the same time that free drinks are served in the Diamond Lounge. Time varies from ship to ship, but approximately 5:00 to 8:30 each evening, whatever the DL cocktail hours are on the ship.

Going to be a Diamond member after my next Cruise, with regards to the three free drinks, can I consume them any time during the day at any bar or do I have to drink between 5 and 8 pm. Also, does one get three free drinks each day of the cruise or is it three free drinks to be used sometime during the 7 day cruise.

Three drinks per day, to be ordered during the same 3.5 hour period that the Diamond Lounge is holding their complimentary drink period.

Can I use the three free drinks at the pool bar or in the dining room during the 5 to 8:30 pm period as well.

Pool bar - yes. All bars, as a matter of fact, except the Bionic Bar (there aren't many of these; limited to a few ships) and the Rising Tide Bar on Harmony and Symphony.

Dining room - depends on the ship. Some allow it, some don't.

Can I use the three free drinks at the pool bar or in the dining room during the 5 to 8:30 pm period as well.

Yes on the pool bar. Possibly in the dining room, that is not a consistent policy right now.

Pool bar - yes. All bars, as a matter of fact, except the Bionic Bar (there aren't many of these; limited to a few ships) and the Rising Tide Bar on Harmony and Symphony.

Not sure the reasoning or if it was even true, but the in room perks letter on Anthem said the Northstar bar was excluded.

It's not always 5-8:30. It depends on early and late dining times. The happy hour starts 1/2 hour before early dining and stops when late dining starts. So, on a ship that dinner is at 5:30 and 8:30, then 5-8:30 is correct. On ships where dining is 5 and 8, then 4:30-8:00 is correct. And, they are strict about the times. So, just read the letter you'll receive in your cabin on boarding with the correct times listed and you'll be good to go.

My first time as diamond will be on my next sailing. A couple of questions:

I usually drink 2 glasses of wine with dinner. Can I get 2 glasses from lounge or bar at once and take them to dinner?

Also - what about specialty restaurants? Could I get my drinks there? or better to get them beforehand and carry them with me?

It's not always 5-8:30. It depends on early and late dining times. The happy hour starts 1/2 hour before early dining and stops when late dining starts. So, on a ship that dinner is at 5:30 and 8:30, then 5-8:30 is correct. On ships where dining is 5 and 8, then 4:30-8:00 is correct. And, they are strict about the times. So, just read the letter you'll receive in your cabin on boarding with the correct times listed and you'll be good to go.

Happy hour starts 1 hour before early seating.

If I have the drink package, can I use my three free drinks for someone else? In other words, if I want to buy my SIL a glass of wine, and use my drink package for me, can I do so?

Letter received from concierge in your stateroom on arrival spells out time frame. Recently there have been reports saying no sharing.

My first time as diamond will be on my next sailing. A couple of questions:

I usually drink 2 glasses of wine with dinner. Can I get 2 glasses from lounge or bar at once and take them to dinner?

Also - what about specialty restaurants? Could I get my drinks there? or better to get them beforehand and carry them with me?

Depends on the ship. On Harmony, we were able to get our drinks in the dining room and at the specialty restaurants. We would also get the drink (or 2) from another bar and carry them into the restaurants.

On Allure the happy hour starts at 4:30 and goes until 8PM. Early dining is 5:30, so I'm sorry but what you are posting may be true for some ships, but it is definitely not for all ships.