What is your favorite cruise tradition?

MamaToMany

Second/third morning of the cruise while at sea, wake up an hour before sunrise and watch from a dark place (darkest spot possible) first sunlight and sun rays (god rays :-) follow by sunrise. ...and if lucky, catch a glimpse of elusive anticrepuscular rays from the opposite side.

Edited by Rafa

Water? Really? :D

I thought the same thing. :rolleyes:drinker or not, there are so many drinks that do not involve alcohol, it just makes me smile to think someone would pick water!!!

Let me add, OP, what a fun and refreshing topic you have picked.

Edited by newmexicoNita

Cruising has changed so much it is hard to put a "tradition" on any activity. Today':confused:s tradition might be gone next year.

That being said: we have a couple that, like most everyone's else;s has to do with meals. We board asap and cause hubby uses a wheel chair pusher to get on the ship, we usually get to board a little earlier than many. We head right to O'Sheehans for lunch and our first drink Then it is too our cabin and go through the special letters and coupons we have gotten. The next think we love to do is have our first dinner in an Asian restaurant. We have been having that first dinner in an Asian restaurant for probably 10 or more years now. :D

I love a sit down lunch with a drink/cocktail and take it all in. The anticipation of exploring a new ship. Unpack as soon as the bags arrive to get that out the way. Then it’s up to the sail away for a few more drinks as you sail off to new adventures

10 days left until our 15th anniversary cruise, and I want to get even more excited than I already am!

Tell me about your favorite cruise tradition. How did it start?

My first (and only other cruise so far) Cruise was with my 12 year old son. Our favorite thing was getting little sandwiches from the Cafe Promenade (on Allure) and going back to our balcony to play dice and cards until late at night. It was just lovely listening to the ocean go by, nibbling yummy sandwiches, and spending quality one-on-one time with my boy.

I’m sure it’ll be a bit different, but I’m looking forward to doing the same thing with my hubby- simply chilling on the balcony, having treats, and watching the ocean go by. Can’t wait!!!

I can’t wait to hear what each of you loves and has made into a tradition!

One word sums up my tradition

ICE CREAM

10 days left until our 15th anniversary cruise, and I want to get even more excited than I already am!

Tell me about your favorite cruise tradition. How did it start?

My first (and only other cruise so far) Cruise was with my 12 year old son. Our favorite thing was getting little sandwiches from the Cafe Promenade (on Allure) and going back to our balcony to play dice and cards until late at night. It was just lovely listening to the ocean go by, nibbling yummy sandwiches, and spending quality one-on-one time with my boy.

I’m sure it’ll be a bit different, but I’m looking forward to doing the same thing with my hubby- simply chilling on the balcony, having treats, and watching the ocean go by. Can’t wait!!!

I can’t wait to hear what each of you loves and has made into a tradition!

My first cruise was in 1973.I was very young and could not believe how wonderful a cruise ship could be. Currently the first thing I do is to explore the entire ship on day 1.

We have two. The first being lunch in O'Sheehan's. Simply put on our first cruise it was so overwhelming we grabbed the first place we could to sit and eat. We enjoyed the people watching so much it has kind of stuck. So much so that my adult son insisted we have lunch there this coming January as it's "tradition". The other is my wife rarely buys anything for herself, except on a cruise. She will look numerous times in the jewelry shops on board and ashore to finally make her choice. Thus far, she has purchased on the ship from the nicest staff member to approach her. I don't mind, it's her thing and living with me...she has earned it and then some!

I thought the same thing. :rolleyes:drinker or not, there are so many drinks that do not involve alcohol, it just makes me smile to think someone would pick water!!!

Let me add, OP, what a fun and refreshing topic you have picked.

Yes, exactly. Wasn't suggesting that it had to be alcohol...just thinking that there are so many other options. To each his/her own. Agree...love the thread.

Our tradition is to always eat at the steakhouse on the first night. I'm not sure why, but after so many cruises it just is :-) Then if it's really good, we might go back another night during the week!

We dine at Cagney's first and last night of every cruise. Well except the couple of times we got invited to eat at the Haven restaurant the final night with the hotel director.

I just realized my favorite tradition is traveling alone! Took my first big trip alone to London/Paris in 2015, then a cruise to Cuba, alone, in 2017 and 09/28th just got off a 20 day cruise that I sailed ... alone. I had the BEST time. Am having too much fun.

I have often considered an alone trip but couldn't visualize what my day would look like. A lot of reading?