Elite cocktail hour on eclipse

GeorgesGal

When we were on Equinox this past Spring, the Elite Cocktail Hour was held in the lounge. In reading recent posts here on CC, I have noted that drinks coupons are being used on some of the ~X~ ship.

Does anyone have recent experience with happy hour on Eclipse? I'll be sailing her in December and wondering how it will be handled.

Thanks for any input!

Donna

In the past, it depended on the number of Elite members on board. If too many for the Sky Lounge, they added the drinks on the your card. Sometimes if not as many, they will cordon off only a portion of the Sky Lounge. In late July on the Equinox, it was in the Sky Lounge.

Recent reports state that it may not be in the lounge anymore...Time will tell...

We were on the Eclipse in February, and were very disappointed that the drinks were not loaded onto our seapass cards. We had to get dressed & go up to the lounge if we wanted the drinks. They had the entire lounge blocked off for Elites & above.

We were on the Eclipse in February, and were very disappointed that the drinks were not loaded onto our seapass cards. We had to get dressed & go up to the lounge if we wanted the drinks. They had the entire lounge blocked off for Elites & above.

Why on earth would you be disappointed? The function from 5 - 7 is for Elites and above and that is what you are offered. Reading between the lines you wanted the vouchers so you could stock up your cabin fridge without having to have a drinks package or pay for the drinks.

The loading up of sea passes or issuing of vouchers is a relatively new innovation brought about by large numbers of Elites and above on board. The reciprocal rights of RCCL passengers has increased the Elite numbers of X ships with the equivalent from RCCL coming across and trying X

In the past, it depended on the number of Elite members on board. If too many for the Sky Lounge, they added the drinks on the your card. Sometimes if not as many, they will cordon off only a portion of the Sky Lounge. In late July on the Equinox, it was in the Sky Lounge.

Recent reports state that it may not be in the lounge anymore...Time will tell...

What reports? Not what we experienced on the Infinity in September. We had 3 drinks loaded each evening on our Seapass cards to have in the Constellation Lounge and/or in any other bar during the 5 to 7 HH.

What reports? Not what we experienced on the Infinity in September. We had 3 drinks loaded each evening on our Seapass cards to have in the Constellation Lounge and/or in any other bar during the 5 to 7 HH.

We had the exact same experience last month on our Western Med cruise on the Eclipse. We enjoyed the flexibility.

We are presently on the Eclipse.

Three drinks from the typical Elite menu are loaded to your card and can be used at all venues other than the world class bar. The Sky Lounge is also open so everybody should be happy!

Captain Club host is Elizabeth, incredibly friendly, caring and helpful.

Thank you, all, for your responses. It will be nice to have the flexibility to go to any of the bars on-board during happy hour. But I always love the lounge during daylight hours and see the passing sea! Of course, now I'll have the best of both worlds - choice is always nice.

Donna

Thank you' date=' all, for your responses. It will be nice to have the flexibility to go to any of the bars on-board during happy hour. But I always love the lounge during daylight hours and see the passing sea! Of course, now I'll have the best of both worlds - choice is always nice.

Donna

Yes you will. Enjoy.

Three drinks from the typical Elite menu are loaded to your card and can be used at all venues other than the world class bar. The Sky Lounge is also open so everybody should be happy!

Captain Club host is Elizabeth, incredibly friendly, caring and helpful.

We are presently on the Solstice.

The same situation here.

Nice enhancement IMO.

We had the exact same experience last month on our Western Med cruise on the Eclipse. We enjoyed the flexibility.

And others that have sailed on ships that have started implementing the 3 drinks being loaded on the Seapass cards. Those that we talked with on the Infinity in the Constellation Lounge liked the idea and options as we do also. On another thread someone posted they were able to get drinks in the MDR using the 3 Seapass drinks. We always have the BP so even more options.

Edited by davekathy

No, everybody won't be happy if they don't have the normal unlimited drinks in the Sky Lounge from 5-7pm. There would be no reason to get dressed to go up there if you only get the same 3 drinks on your seapass that can be used at the Sunset Bar.

Glad I have the beverage package on my next Celebrity cruise. RCCL is more drink friendly. Three on your seapass to use just about anywhere, and unlimited drinks for 3 1/2 hours in the Diamond Lounge.

Why on earth would you be disappointed? The function from 5 - 7 is for Elites and above and that is what you are offered. Reading between the lines you wanted the vouchers so you could stock up your cabin fridge without having to have a drinks package or pay for the drinks.

The loading up of sea passes or issuing of vouchers is a relatively new innovation brought about by large numbers of Elites and above on board. The reciprocal rights of RCCL passengers has increased the Elite numbers of X ships with the equivalent from RCCL coming across and trying X

Hmm … I think your reading skills need improvement!

When we have the 3 drinks loaded onto our cards, we can go to just about any bar to redeem them. We don't have to give up something that we LOVE doing on cruises, sitting out on deck reading & watching the sunset, to get up & get cleaned up & get dressed up to go up into the lounge for our drinks. We can sip our drinks out by the pool, or on one of the outer decks … we much prefer that to sitting in the lounge. Three drinks per night for each of us is way more than we need in a 2-hour timeframe, although we do occasionally use an extra one to get a bottle of water to have in the cabin overnight.

So does that mean that you're limited to 3 drinks per night even if you go to the Elite cocktail hour? Not that it affects me since I'll have the drink package and don't drink more than 3 drinks, but just wondering.

Are they still limiting the 3 drinks to the limited Captain Club menu?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes on our September Eclipse cruise.

Edited by Ozzmund
Spelling

Hmm … I think your reading skills need improvement!

When we have the 3 drinks loaded onto our cards, we can go to just about any bar to redeem them. We don't have to give up something that we LOVE doing on cruises, sitting out on deck reading & watching the sunset, to get up & get cleaned up & get dressed up to go up into the lounge for our drinks. We can sip our drinks out by the pool, or on one of the outer decks … we much prefer that to sitting in the lounge. Three drinks per night for each of us is way more than we need in a 2-hour timeframe, although we do occasionally use an extra one to get a bottle of water to have in the cabin overnight.

My reading skills are fine. The "Perk" if it can be called a perk is a "Cocktail event" between 5 and 7 pm for those passengers who are Elite and above.

The perk is not three additional drinks each day added to one's seapass card. The adding of drinks to one's seapass card is one of convenience for Celebrity when numbers are too great to be accommodated at the event.

In the event that the function is held each night and one doesn't attend for whatever reason TOUGH, you miss out just as one misses out on any other activity on the ship if one doesn't attend.

If one wants the option of sitting on one's balcony enjoying a cocktail at sunset then there are a variety of drinks packages available just for that purpose.

So does that mean that you're limited to 3 drinks per night even if you go to the Elite cocktail hour? Not that it affects me since I'll have the drink package and don't drink more than 3 drinks, but just wondering.

Yes. Three drinks for the evening. Your card(s) will be taken and scanned even in Lounge during the HH (5 to 7) or at any of the bars. We also always have the BP.