Bottled Water Confiscated in Miami

I thought I would let every one know that Royal Caribbean is enforcing their beverage rule.  I carried a 12 pack of Mt. Dew in my carryon and went through Security in Miami with no problem.  My husband was right behind me, and he had a six pack of bottled water.  They confiscated the water since we were only allowed 12 bottles per room.  The water was delivered to our cabin the last night of the cruise.  I know they have rules, but I thought it was silly taking a $1.00 six pack of water we purchased at the Dollar Tree.

2 hours ago, weedhopper said:

I thought I would let every one know that Royal Caribbean is enforcing their beverage rule.  I carried a 12 pack of Mt. Dew in my carryon and went through Security in Miami with no problem.  My husband was right behind me, and he had a six pack of bottled water.  They confiscated the water since we were only allowed 12 bottles per room.  The water was delivered to our cabin the last night of the cruise.  I know they have rules, but I thought it was silly taking a $1.00 six pack of water we purchased at the Dollar Tree.

As another said that's Royal's policy and they been following it now, one 12 pack of water or soda, up to 17oz per cabin. Other's on here have said they have been enforcing it...

11 minutes ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

I am kind of surprised they even took the time to know you were together.  How often could you have two people in line who aren't together.  How do they know whose bags are whose? Or whether you are in a cabin together or not?  

The couple may have made it obvious.

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

We also prefer bottled water to the ship's water.

I always hear how the ship's water taste better than bottled water. I have always thought the ship's water tasted like it had old dirt in it. Glad I am not alone! 

I guess time will tell if the porters are following the rules too or just security 

8 hours ago, LilBlackDress said:

I always hear how the ship's water taste better than bottled water. I have always thought the ship's water tasted like it had old dirt in it. Glad I am not alone! 

I guess time will tell if the porters are following the rules too or just security 

Does old dirt taste worse than new dirt? :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

No one stopped my friends in fact the water was on their checked bag and they also were confused on the rule I believe each had 2 bottle of wine on their carry on. In my case I was stopped because I had a small portable Bluetooth just to make sure what was it 

11 hours ago, PerferWarmWeather said:

I would like to know without trying for myself?  🙂

Like all cruise food it's subjective, old dirt has an aged taste with hint of local life and death, new dirt is like a MacDonald's burger with nothing on it, just generic, monolithic taste. I think the last time I ate dirt was about 60+ years ago so it's a rare delicacy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

No one stopped my friends in fact the water was on their checked bag and they also were confused on the rule I believe each had 2 bottle of wine on their carry on. In my case I was stopped because I had a small portable Bluetooth just to make sure what was it 

We embark Anthem tomorrow.  Since we are driving to the port,  I plan to bring a case of water ($3) and put a luggage tag on it.  If the porters won't take, I'll just leave it there.

6 minutes ago, George C said:

Never head of 12 bottle limit from or soda  or water , does not effect us since we get drink package.  Also never had issue with water on ship.

This 12 bottle limit was just introduced. They've started allowing you to carry on UP to 12 cans or bottles, but they must be carried on as opposed to checked.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

I am kind of surprised they even took the time to know you were together.  How often could you have two people in line who aren't together.  How do they know whose bags are whose? Or whether you are in a cabin together or not?  

Exactly. We have no problem with 4 bottles of wine as we each take 2, they never know who is with who.

3 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

When was that?🤔

When we first started sailing RCI (I believe it was the third Voyager cruise out of Bayonne), you were allowed to bring on wine. A year or so later it was prohibited. At that time you could also purchase bottles of alcohol to bring to your cabin for a $9 surcharge.