Jeans on "elegant" nights

The7Harrisons

I don't think of jeans as elegant, so I dress "fancy" with either black long skirt or black slacks with a fancy, sparkly blouse/top and sparkly jewelry too! I normally don't get to dress fancy in my regular life, so it's a fun time for me to dress up. I especially enjoy doing a lot of people-watching on elegant night to admire all the pretty dresses and handsome men in suits! It seems to put everyone in a better mood also!

Just my thoughts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The7Harrisons said:

I always wear jeans on elegant nights, anyone else?

Hi

What is it you are trying to say? 

You know other people wear jeans, after all you do. Is it just because you can, even though they ask that you don't? Would you make a fuss if they asked you to change before being allowed into the dining room?

Really, why would you care, so why ask the question?

Thanks for the responses so far, look forward to more! It was just a question to get some friendly conversation going while I was bored today! I always wear nice jeans, I do not enjoy dressing up, I wear jeans to funerals, weddings, and elegant nights!

• Like 1

Captain’s Celebration is on Elegant Night. The officers are introduced by the CD, usually in the atrium, often on the staircase. The Captain usually addresses the guests and offers a toast. The officers are available for a meet and greet,  either prior or after the introductions. Pictures can be made with the Captain as well. What’s really cute is when there are sailor caps, offered free, for the children, having a picture made with the captain. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

We enjoy dressing up a bit. We always look forward to greeting  the officers and joining in the Captain’s Celebration and toast. 

2Shoes: There's a toast on Carnival? It used to be $1 off drink prices on " meet the captain " nights.

3 hours ago, The7Harrisons said:

I always wear jeans on elegant nights, anyone else?

There is nothing that states you can’t wear jeans on elegant night. The only rule related to jeans on elegant night is you can’t wear them in the MDR (or speciality restaurants). You can wear jeans any where else on the ship. 

Hopefully Carnival has not allowed you to eat in the MDR on elegant nights.  However, I know Carnival is terrible at enforcing their own rules. 

51 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

There is nothing that states you can’t wear jeans on elegant night. The only rule related to jeans on elegant night is you can’t wear them in the MDR (or speciality restaurants). You can wear jeans any where else on the ship. 

Hopefully Carnival has not allowed you to eat in the MDR on elegant nights.  However, I know Carnival is terrible at enforcing their own rules. 

I could be wrong but the OP was referring to the MDR, otherwise wearing jeans would be a moot point. For me I wear jeans on the airplane if it's cold when we leave Colorado. They stay in the closet until we return home. If I can put on jeans I can put on slacks one leg at a time. My personal opinion is those who insist on wearing jeans or shorts on Elegant night are just plain disrespectful. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, coevan said:

I could be wrong but the OP was referring to the MDR, otherwise wearing jeans would be a moot point. For me I wear jeans on the airplane if it's cold when we leave Colorado. They stay in the closet until we return home. If I can put on jeans I can put on slacks one leg at a time. My personal opinion is those who insist on wearing jeans or shorts on Elegant night are just plain disrespectful. 

I agree 100% with your last sentence.   That’s why I have heard more times than I care to remember why do we keep cruising on the Wal-Mart of the cruise industry. However, I have always had a great time on Carnival and met lots of great people on board. People who don’t follow the dress rules don’t bother me, they just aren’t the people I hang out with on a cruise. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Elegant Night is in the MDR.  I think what you meant to say was that no one has to attend Elegant Night if they choose not to.  You can wear jeans and eat dinner on the lido instead of attending Elegant Night.

7 minutes ago, bakersdozen12 said:

Elegant Night is in the MDR.  I think what you meant to say was that no one has to attend Elegant Night if they choose not to.  You can wear jeans and eat dinner on the lido instead of attending Elegant Night.

Elegant night is not just limited to the MDR.  If you read the OP’s post, he has never stated he wears jeans in the MDR on elegant night. He has implied it, but has never stated it. He also stated he started this thread for friendly conversation. I may be giving the OP too much credit, but maybe he started this thread to get people to respond to something he has only implied. 

• Like 1