rib eye Cagneys ???

BellaBaci4

I was looking at a  recent review, and it had the some of the new menus. Cagney's rib eye entree, and pork belly appetizer was not on the menu. Can anyone confirm if the rib eye was on your cruise. We used to like the steak in Cucinas, and that was missing from the menu also.  Anyone?

2 hours ago, BellaBaci4 said:

I was looking at a  recent review, and it had the some of the new menus. Cagney's rib eye entree, and pork belly appetizer was not on the menu. Can anyone confirm if the rib eye was on your cruise. We used to like the steak in Cucinas, and that was missing from the menu also.  Anyone?

What review did you see the new menus? We will be on the Escape in January & I've been looking especially for the new menus in the specialty dining restaurants. 

Edited by bren61
Forgot to add something

I was on the Getaway last week and I had the pork belly as an appetizer but they told us that the ribeye was not available. There excuse was that the shipment was not of a good quality. (Friends of mine went the night before and the excuse that night was that it was being discontinued but the menus hadn’t been modified. )

46 minutes ago, JXR said:

I was on the Getaway last week and I had the pork belly as an appetizer but they told us that the ribeye was not available. There excuse was that the shipment was not of a good quality. (Friends of mine went the night before and the excuse that night was that it was being discontinued but the menus hadn’t been modified. )

So I guess they served them in the MDR

Wow.  I don't think I've ever been to a steak house that did not have rib eye on the menu.  I'd notice and remember because it's my favorite and the only steak I'll order in a restaurant.

Very disappointing if they plan to get rid of it from the menus, but it sounds like they are.

Edited by PATRLR

1 hour ago, PATRLR said:

Wow.  I don't think I've ever been to a steak house that did not have rib eye on the menu.  I'd notice and remember because it's my favorite and the only steak I'll order in a restaurant.

Very disappointing if they plan to get rid of it from the menus, but it sounds like they are.

+1

My favorite steak.

More cutbacks as the fees go up.

Edited by IrieBajan54
underlined

On the TA last Spring they featured the NY Strip in all of the specialties except Cagney’s. I got a rib eye which was the worst steak I have had in years. It took multiple tries to find an angle just to cut into it. Service and everything else was excellent but I didn’t bother to send it back.

Cagneys is a disaster and always has been.  They had some nice cuts and steaks that just did not fit.  Examples were the 18oz bone in ribeye(my favorite), the 32oz porterhouse and the 29oz tomahawk.  These are great headliners for a steakhouse but in reality they just cost NCL to much money to offer them.  So Cagneys looks extremely cheap when they had to remove them from the menu.  That's why I call them a disaster.  Even offering premium cuts is expensive for them.  Filet is filet and very difficult to serve the wrong way as long as it trimmed correctly, so a premium piece of filet is not as essential as ribeyes and strips.  On a whole the food in Cagneys is good with room for improvement like dry aging.  The problem is I doubt that they have room for that.  

Last week on the Getaway, rib eye was on the menu at Cagney's but not available for the week, no explanation.  I thought it odd to serve prime rib but not rib eye that is exactly the same cut.  Pork belly was on the menu at Cagney's and the Haven restaurant, It was delicious. 

Any change to the colossal shrimp?  They were always good but just read they cut back on those too?  We have always enjoyed Cagneys and my DH insists on eating there twice on every cruise.  Now I'm starting to wonder.......