Cruise Critic Running Slow Nov 4th

mcrcruiser

1 minute ago, cruisemom42 said:

I couldn't post at all yesterday. Today seems fine.

Me either.  I thought my computer had gone haywire.  Very frustrating.  I checked back several times.  The site let me log in, but then nothing.  It was as though I was an unregistered visitor.  After gnashing my teeth a couple of times, I gave up.  So happy to see it's fixed today.

I'm not finding it any slower than it has been the last few days (except when CC was down). A thread takes a long time to open and go to the first unread post.
I don't have a handle on whether pictures in the thread make it slower; under the old site I had images turned off, so pictures didn't load. That did speed things up.

I couldn't see anything that was posted between 1pm Eastern Saturday until at least 3 am Eastern Sunday. I couldn't post during that time either. The boards were acting slow on Friday. They seem fine now. 

Edited by boulders

Thanks, OP, for starting this Thread.  Until I read the Posts, I had no idea that CC has become so important to so many people.  I wonder if it's just symptomatic of a "first world" problem ... or if the snowflakes have taken over CC ... in any event, I am proud to say that I did not notice if CC was "running slow(ly)" or not.  🙄😏

Edited by avian777

4 hours ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

I have found that CC has been slow intermittently since the new format has been up and running.

That has been my experience as well.  Seems to be doing OK this afternoon and very much appreciated POA1's explanation as to why I was unable to reply to any thread Saturday.  Could read; could not say anything in reply.

I am finding CC slow today - but it has been pretty slow ever since the "new and improved" CC came back.  What I find annoying - and I don't know if anyone else is experiencing it - is that if the cursor goes anywhere near the top ribbon, a drop-down menu appears and then takes a long time to disappear.  I find it difficult to go to a bookmark or move the cursor without that happening.  

It was read only for me yesterday. No new posts. I wish they would put an announcement on the top to let us know that it is not working. 

I have just read POA1's explanation. Thank you so much for all your information. You are a legend. 

Edited by Stratheden