Diamond member question

Ken Greco

Merion Mom provided accurate info.  There should be a welcome letter in the stateroom explaining the benefit.  There may also be info regarding if the vouchers can be used  in dining venues, as this varies by ship.   Had a Brilliance cruise earlier this month and the letter had a statement about  the vouchers are for the  designated person and CANNOT  be shared with others.  Looking for the letter to post the wording.  I know there was another thread about sharing with non  D passengers.

M

24 minutes ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

Can we order drinks in the dining room on the Rhapsody between these hours? Doing December 8th crossing

Thanks Ontario Cruiser

The ability to order voucher drinks in the dining room can vary cruise to cruise.  Ask your dining staff.

7 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

Unrelated question to you. How was your debarkation in Ft Lauderdale time wise? We are cruising on Serenade in Jan and couldn't book anything except a 10:30 flight. We could drive home to Clearwater, but sure don't want to. Can't really do walk off either with elderly parent

Thanks

Can't help you as I'm currently on the ship. I'll try to remember to post after I debark on Friday.

8 hours ago, BND said:

Our experience in the CL, is the concierge asks for your cabin number the first time they talk to you or see you in there.  In DL, usually at least the first night (or first time concierge sees you) they ask to see your card.  The idea you can bring in someone who isn't D just doesn't work with the number of people who should be in there legitimately.  Just think if every person brought one "friend".  Heck, or even half did.  There'd be no room for those that should be in there.   I hate when I go in and can't find a seat and I'd really be unhappy to know it's because some are bringing in people who haven't made D yet.

To tell the truth i would be annoyed also. We waited so long for this privilege and would never try to sneak in . I am usually a rule breaker if i think they are stupid rules. But i can tell from reading on cruise critic how crowded the lounge is and how that would impede those who are deserving form being seated or served that it would truly be unfair.

• Like 1

I was on Majesty last week. They used the VCL for the diamond and above happy hours. They had part of the lounge blocked off with one of the private event signs. No one ever asked to see my seapass card and there were no vouchers used. I was able to use one of the coupons that was loaded on my card for a glass of wine in the MDR for dinner. Leaving on Mariner tomorrow which will be my 1st diamond plus cruise.

10 hours ago, BND said:

Our experience in the CL, is the concierge asks for your cabin number the first time they talk to you or see you in there.  In DL, usually at least the first night (or first time concierge sees you) they ask to see your card.  The idea you can bring in someone who isn't D just doesn't work with the number of people who should be in there legitimately.  Just think if every person brought one "friend".  Heck, or even half did.  There'd be no room for those that should be in there.   I hate when I go in and can't find a seat and I'd really be unhappy to know it's because some are bringing in people who haven't made D yet.

^^^ This

On 11/24/2018 at 9:02 AM, Ken Greco said:

Can a Diamond member bring a non member to a free cocktail party?

Are you referring to a top-tier event? We have been asked to show our invitations at top-tier events.  

15 hours ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

Can we order drinks in the dining room on the Rhapsody between these hours? Doing December 8th crossing

Thanks Ontario Cruiser

I was on the Allure this past Sept., the answer is yes, however we found it to be more efficient getting a few adult beverages in the DL and taking them to the MDR.

Edited by JamesEM

14 hours ago, steveru621 said:

If they send out invitations they only send one per cabin.

Some years ago, one of the ships were were on...the CD as a joke would always ask the crowd..."Anyone here on a cruise for the first time?"  Silly DH would raise his hand.  😉 

Edited by island lady

6 hours ago, JamesEM said:

I was on the Allure this past Sept., the answer is yes, however we found it to be more efficient getting a few adult beverages in the DL and taking them to the MDR.

That's what we do.  With a wine glass in hand, we enter the line to be seated in the MDR.  If that is taking a while, we already have some wine to enjoy while we wait.  Makes the wait a bit more relaxing. 😉  We also take glass into the WJ for dinner.  

Granted it was a year about but on Allure last year we were brought in by people we met on board. Our new friends did ask at the door if it was ok if we came in and I am guessing because (a) they asked and (b) it was wasn't crowded, we were let in with a smile from the host.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

That's what we do.  With a wine glass in hand, we enter the line to be seated in the MDR.  If that is taking a while, we already have some wine to enjoy while we wait.  Makes the wait a bit more relaxing. 😉  We also take glass into the WJ for dinner.  

We do the same when we don't purchase the BP. 

On 11/25/2018 at 5:09 AM, island lady said:

There is no key card access to closed door on Blaze during D overflow cocktail hour.  From what I noticed, they would  have no choice but to stand "gate guard" at the door or check when they came in?

No overflow in blaze on allure last month.  The DL was pretty packed but not as bad as last year.  Seats on deck 12 of lounge were available at 445pm on the nights I walked in.  Stopped by almost every night to see if some friends and cc members were there. But if you wanted a seat by the window on deck 11 be there early. Walked in one day at 3:20pm and people had staked out the tables by window already.  

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Some years ago, one of the ships were were on...the CD as a joke would always ask the crowd..."Anyone here on a cruise for the first time?"  Silly DH would raise his hand.  😉 

I would be doing the same much to the embarrassment of my wife. Seems like your DH and I share the same humor! 🙄

2 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

I know a couple of people that bring extra keys to take in their friends... 🙄

Last few cruises, the concierge either looked at both cards as we entered the lounge, or  if he/she was not at the desk, came around to greet us, and check off our name.  We had to show both cards.

A few years ago on Enchantment  I brought my adult daughter cabin mate, who is Diamond and  does not drink to the Concierge Lounge for a few minutes  to introduce her to some D+ friends.  I got  reprimanded LOUDLY  by the concierge.  No problem, we spent the time about the ship or in the D lounge.  Sailed several times on that ship with that same concierge and never entered the Concierge lounge again.  

I am told  he is now a Genie. 

M

54 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Last few cruises, the concierge either looked at both cards as we entered the lounge, or  if he/she was not at the desk, came around to greet us, and check off our name.  We had to show both cards.

Not our experince at all in the DL!

Never happend to us ......DL concierges do not seem to care much!👍

3 hours ago, Goofyfanatic said:

Granted it was a year about but on Allure last year we were brought in by people we met on board. Our new friends did ask at the door if it was ok if we came in and I am guessing because (a) they asked and (b) it was wasn't crowded, we were let in with a smile from the host.

You were lucky.  I don't think you will find that situation any longer.  Crowding in the lounges has become an issue.  Now with the elimination of the Concierge Lounge on Oasis ships, the Diamond Lounge has both Diamond and Diamond Plus members.  Shame they took the CL out on the largest ships, which also carry the largest amount of upper tier C&A.