Will temporary paper sea pass open diamond or concierge lounge on Anthem

2 hours ago, mets123 said:

Probably not. Your access is coded on the magnetic strip on your seapass card.

While the answer no is correct, there is no magnetic stripe on Anthems seapass cards, as they use embeded RFID chips.

To the OP: You can always try and knock on the door to see if someone will open it for you.

Also could try to enter the D lounge by the door that leads directly to the Music Hall lounge if the main entry door is locked. Often that side door is left unlocked as it doesn't have a RFID pad.

Edited by robtulipe

2 hours ago, Bee Guy said:

I have always been given a sea pass card before boarding.   Is Anthem different?

Yes, on the Anthem you will use your printed ( BARCODED ) Set Sail Pass for drinks or whatever UNTIL the staterooms are ready and then you will find your Seapass CARDS in an envelope by you Stateroom door. 

8 hours ago, allentownahoy said:

Would love to get a cappuccino and hang out before cabins are open and we get our actual sea pass.

No, it will not. In all of my Anthem cruises, I only had success once. The Diamond Concierge was at his desk, I knocked on the door, we made eye contact, and he begrudgingly let me in. 😉

As others have said:

1. The paper set sail pass will NOT let you into the CL if no concierge is on duty. I tried that in August. Nope.😁

of course, if the concierge is on duty, your set sail shows your eligibility. But by that time,    you’ll probably have the plastic......