Oasis Drydock/Upgrades to Ship

3 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Do they typically change the Broadway show after dry dock?

So far there have only been 3 ships with Broadway shows that have undergone a drydock. 

Both Allure and a Oasis had their Broadway shows changed during their last drydock 

Liberty kept her Broadway show however she made a major change to her deployment moving full time to Galveston

Edited by Ourusualbeach

10 hours ago, MacMarauder said:

It's speculation at this point, but here is a line from a Royal press release that I think has a clue:

• Oasis Class  Oasis of the Seas will be completely reimagined in fall 2019, ten years after her revolutionary debut. The ship will gain new thrills, pools, bars and culinary creations, as well as introduce new restaurants and onboard adventures found on the newest Oasis Class ship, Symphony of the Seas. These enhancements will cascade to Allure of the Seas in spring 2020, making every ship in the class more adventurous than ever.

I'm personally hoping for Bionic Bar replacing Champagne Bar but I think that one is 50/50 IMO.  Very unlikely to be changes to cabins.  

I like the Champagne Bar but think it can be improved.  An ice top like Celebrity S class and some mixologist with creative drinks and entertainment would be ideal.  

Some of the furniture around the ship needs to be replaced.  Hopefully, this is done. 

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

So far there have only been 3 ships with Broadway shows that have undergone a drydock. 

Both Allure and a Oasis had their Broadway shows changed during their last drydock 

Liberty kept her Broadway show however she made a major change to her deployment moving full time to Galveston

Thanks.  So most likely then that the shows will remain.

23 hours ago, Goofyfanatic said:

I agree! I might be in the minority but I prefer Giovanni's to Jamie's. As one of the crew members that I have become friends with calls it Jamie's NOT SO Italian. LOL

+1.  I definitely prefer Giovanni's To Jamies and I preferred Portofino's to Giovanni's.  IMO they have gotten progressively worse over the years !

20 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

No Rita on Oasis, been Sabor for years.

There never was a Rita's on Oasis, was there ?  Wasn't it originally the Crab Shack and then they turned it into Sabor ?  Personally, I hope they do the Playmaker's thing.  I think Sabor on the O class ships is awful....and since they've removed Queso Fundido from the sit-down Sabor restaurant menu, even the sit-down version is dead to me.

23 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

They'll probably put Hairspray on O.  They must be getting that one for free.  

Hairspray was the original Broadway show on Oasis. It was replaced with Cats during the last drydock. Then they revived Hairspray on Symphony. Chicago was originally on Allure so maybe they will revive that show for Oasis:classic_rolleyes:

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

There never was a Rita's on Oasis, was there ?  Wasn't it originally the Crab Shack and then they turned it into Sabor ?  Personally, I hope they do the Playmaker's thing.  I think Sabor on the O class ships is awful....and since they've removed Queso Fundido from the sit-down Sabor restaurant menu, even the sit-down version is dead to me.

Sorry don't recall.  Our first O Class was Allure, it had Sabor.  Did not sail Oasis until after drydock.

22 minutes ago, The Sunset Glow said:

Hairspray was the original Broadway show on Oasis. It was replaced with Cats during the last drydock. Then they revived Hairspray on Symphony. Chicago was originally on Allure so maybe they will revive that show for Oasis:classic_rolleyes:

Isn't Hairspray on Symphony?

Slightly off topic, but how is the ice show working on Mariner.  Seems to be difficult to allow everyone to see it in 2 1/2 days.

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

There never was a Rita's on Oasis, was there ?  Wasn't it originally the Crab Shack and then they turned it into Sabor ?

Oasis originally had Crab Shack while Allure had Rita's Mexican Cafe.

Both were swapped out for Sabor after their respective dry-dock.  Originally Sabor was ala-carte but now pay one price like any other specialty restaurant. 

On 12/13/2018 at 7:26 PM, Host Clarea said:

Not always, but it takes a dry dock to change it.

About to sail on Oasis for New Years and after reading the reviews for "Cats" I believe asking if they will change out the broadway show during drydock is wishful thinking.