Rolling Stone Rock Room debut on Koningsdam

Dogstar

[ Tue 11-Dec-2018 ]

One word:  F A N T A S T I C

Wow. Incredible. Awesome. Dynamic. Fun. 

The band rocked the room, the crowd rocked the ship!

Do you like to watch, listen, sit, stand, clap, shake, bounce &/or dance? In the immortal words of Nike, just do it!

Congratulations to HAL, they hit it out of the park with this one. A Grand Slam home run!

For this entertainment venue alone Mrs. Dogstar & I would definitely return to the K'dam, & her sister Nieuw Statendam, again & again. Roll it out across the HAL fleet asap, please. 

R O C K   O N   ! ! !   🤘🏻😎🤘🏻

Posting this from beachside bar in Anse Mitan (Martinique) so wifi is slow. Will share more photos & video later. For now it's back to the beach, ocean & bevvies!

62BC4ED2-39A5-4580-AFCB-BED02959D8A4.jpeg

52C9EDBC-B1DA-4D89-93C7-78287A1FEA04.jpeg

034CFE8B-DB6D-4166-823D-47955018A978.jpeg

• Like 4

OMG so looking forward to 24 Dam Days of Rocking next March/April.

Dogstar, thank you for getting the endorphins and serotonin moving on a wet windy Friday.

Can't wait to feel the bass line vibrate my ribcage!   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, talavera_7 said:

Does this mean that BB King Blues Club is no more?

No they play in the Queens Lounge. You have Billboard aka dueling pianos and than Rolling Stone next door. Billboard and Rolling Stone stagger there shows usually in 45 minute segments. Good stuff. Lester Lanin and Guy Lombardo Orchestras are out it’s time for Boomers Rock and Roll.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/14/2018 at 12:31 PM, VMax1700 said:

Can't wait to feel the bass line vibrate my ribcage!   

Rest assured you will feel the bass! 🤘🏻

On 12/14/2018 at 6:23 PM, POA1 said:

I took some photos as you went out of Port Everglades. You may even be in them. Email me when you get home and I'll send them to you. We're back from our cruise on the 26th. 

Thanks @POA1, much appreciated. Enjoy your cruise. Catch you on the flipside!

On 12/14/2018 at 9:55 PM, aliaschief said:

Lester Lanin and Guy Lombardo Orchestras are out it’s time for Boomers Rock and Roll.

Rock on !!! 🤘🏻

On 12/15/2018 at 2:00 AM, msmoxie said:

Which music venues (if any) are appropriate for a 4-5 year old?

You can't go wrong with the BB Kings Blues Club & Rolling Stone Rock Room. A few young'uns having a go groovin' on the RSRR dance floor ... everybody's having a great time encouraging them to join in the fun. Cute to watch.  👍🏻

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Dogstar said:

You can't go wrong with the BB Kings Blues Club & Rolling Stone Rock Room. A few young'uns having a go groovin' on the RSRR dance floor ... everybody's having a great time encouraging them to join in the fun. Cute to watch.  👍🏻

Thanks! That is great news!

Have loved BB King Blues Club since it started on HA back in 2013.  Rolling Stone Rock Room is a nice addition; however, there are those of us under 60 who still enjoy classical ballroom.  It's a shame it's no longer an option aboard HA ships.  A person doesn't have to be a member of the "greatest generation" to appreciate and enjoy ballroom.  Nothing sexier than a man and woman dancing the tango!

• Like 4

On 12/16/2018 at 1:12 PM, sevenseasnomad said:

Have loved BB King Blues Club since it started on HA back in 2013.  Rolling Stone Rock Room is a nice addition; however, there are those of us under 60 who still enjoy classical ballroom.  It's a shame it's no longer an option aboard HA ships.  A person doesn't have to be a member of the "greatest generation" to appreciate and enjoy ballroom.  Nothing sexier than a man and woman dancing the tango!

They actually had ballroom dancing on the last day!  I did not pay attention to whether it was offered any other time.

Yippee!  We are taking our first HAL cruise in 19 years on the Koningham in January.  We had stayed away from HAL as we like some happening night life.  We decided to try HAL after hearing good things about their newer ships.  Having a rockin' place to dance in the evening makes us very happy as the shows are not our "thing."  I can't wait to try the new venue in just 21 days.