Sad News-NMLady

Clay Clayton

I hate being the one to share this sad  news, but I received an email from MaryKay’s beloved Joe that she passed away on December 22, 2018. His email noted the loss of his wife and partner of 30 years. 

I think I speak for all of us when I say her advice will be greatly missed. For those of us who sailed with her (“and her man Joe”) we will miss seeing her smile about the ship. 

I’m lifting a cocktail to imagining her enjoying the observation lounge on a heavenly cruise ship. 

Clay

• Like 3

Thanks Donna. We only sailed together once but like others on here i always appreciated her advice.  And after her health started to decline she stayed in touch with me through my blog which she said she enjoyed as it let her travel vicariously. 

I recieved an email yesterday from her daughter-in-law which I’ve pasted below.  I will plan on sending all the comments from this thread to them as our contribution to the on-line memorial. If anyone wants to send something directly, her email is included at the end of her email:

This messaged is to let you know that Mary K passed away on Saturday December 22 2018.

She was diagnosed with metastasized melanoma which was found in her lungs, liver, thyroid and spine in March 2018.  She under went 2 courses of radiation treatment and 2 courses of immuno-therapy treatments. Which seemed to contain it for a while... until late November when the disease re-organized it's assault.  In mid December, Mary K caught a fever which went down over night, then broke her right upper arm in a wobble while transferring from her wheelchair to her bed coming back after her last Onocology appointment. She was taken to the Memorial Medical Center (MMC) to set the arm in a cast and they found she had Pneumonia and was admitted for treatment.  While being treated for Pneumonia, fluid collected in her chest cavity (cause of fluid was unknown yet had several possible causes which were being investigated) which put pressure on her heart and lungs keeping them from working properly. She died in her sleep, just before sunrise, on Saturday 22 December 2018 with family in attendance.

She had requested no Memorial service because most of her friends are scattered far and wide and kept in contact via Facebook and email.  So we are organizing an online memorial service which I hope to get posted this coming week.  If you have anything you think Mary K would like included in her Memorial can you send it to me care of the email listed below.

Regards
Carol L Moreland
(Step-Daughter)
Email: projectscontrol@hotmail.com