Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Jim_Iain

Millennium Revolution -

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

 

I would love not read your reviews of Edge and Summit, once you get back.  

 

Our plans though 2021, just so happen to be in align with the older fleet, prior to the Revolution.

Love "not" read my reviews or love to ?  They are kind of plain style.

 

I do fairly focused reviews., for  our Jan EDGE cruise,  it will be about the AQ class experience, thermal suite ,  spa sevice , solarium and gym, For our Nov cruise it will be about our first time in a Sunset Veranda..outdoor balcony,..and experience with  4 mdrs.,,

 

Summit M Class too far out to  tell???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

 Addition of a private sun deck - while Celebrity had Michael's Club and Luminae, there was previously no reserved outdoor area.

Ah yes. The Retreat area. That makes sense. I was being literal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Orator said:

It would have made sense to me to give Edge some time and see the reactions to venues, colors, etc before diving into a costly makeover. But that's only me and what do I know?

 

Agree, I wrote a post on this a couple weeks ago, at least on the M class ships they waited a couple years to get reactions on S class ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hcat said:

Love "not" read my reviews or love to ?  They are kind of plain style.

 

I do fairly focused reviews., for  our Jan EDGE cruise,  it will be about the AQ class experience, thermal suite ,  spa sevice , solarium and gym, For our Nov cruise it will be about our first time in a Sunset Veranda..outdoor balcony,..and experience with  4 mdrs.,,

 

Summit M Class too far out to  tell???

 

Love "to" read.  That was a typo or weird autocorrect.  

 

Hopefully your Jan cruise goes well, and you are pleasantly surprised.  Some of the Dec passengers may have gone in with higher expectations, and were more easily let down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, CoconutOne said:

The Viking bathroom is beautiful. The rest of the cabin, not for me.

I agree.   To me the cabin look very Retro 80's.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

 

Love "to" read.  That was a typo or weird autocorrect.  

 

Hopefully your Jan cruise goes well, and you are pleasantly surprised.  Some of the Dec passengers may have gone in with higher expectations, and were more easily let down.

I think we will enjoy it...if we find the spaces that are suited to us,.  There is one show with aerialists we may like and a few  quieter bands/ duos,...We are not bar people but hope for a quiet spot for a cocktail or wine...dh's scotch.  The  pool might be a nice place at night or the gym, 

 

We will  definitely  enjoy BLU...despite lack of a  a sea  view  or glass doors  to sep it from the Plaza.. We have  also booked Fine Cut and Rooftop Grill.  I have  some spa appts  and there's the Solarium...Plus  Tortola

7 days will go quickly....

 

Seeing EDGE will be a big clue about what they are planning for M and S Class ships!

Edited by hcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, hcat said:

I think we will enjoy it...if we find the spaces that are suited to us,.  There is one show with aerialists we may like and a few  quieter bands/ duos,...We are not bar people but hope for a quiet spot for a cocktail or wine...dh's scotch.  The  pool might be a nice place at night or the gym, 

 

We will  definitely  enjoy BLU...despite lack of a  a sea  view  or glass doors  to sep it from the Plaza.. We have  also booked Fine Cut and Rooftop Grill.  I have  some spa appts  and there's the Solarium...Plus  Tortola

7 days will go quickly....

 

Seeing EDGE will be a big clue about what they are planning for M and S Class ships!

You have the right attitude. Go and experience the Edge and judge her for yourself. One persons ceiling is another persons floor.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I agree.   To me the cabin look very Retro 80's.   

 

I didn't respond to the other posts as I didn't want to hijack your thread!

 

Ok, now that I have the mike again, as soon as my partner and I walked into our PV1 (same as pictured above) (and without sounding too jaded and entitled) we were "meh".

 

While there was a lot of storage, we found the decor to be beyond bland, no dimmers for the overlit room and astoundingly poor ventilation in the bathroom.  (which admittedly has nothing to do with the decor!).

 

Aside from the admittedly excellent square footage, there wasn`t much ``luxe`` about the room. Hilton quality linens and towels with an average bed.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s the exterior paint job going to look post revolution? Will it be similar to Edge? Or will it be the same scheme as before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have said the "M" class will be going back to the all blue hull.  If it is the old dark blue or the lighter Edge blue I guess we will know in a few short weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curious is Summit going to dry dock in Singapore like Millennium or elsewhere possibly Bahamas 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

They have said the "M" class will be going back to the all blue hull.  If it is the old dark blue or the lighter Edge blue I guess we will know in a few short weeks.

Follow th_voutsinas on Instagram for pictures. The hull looks dark blue to me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

They have said the "M" class will be going back to the all blue hull.  If it is the old dark blue or the lighter Edge blue I guess we will know in a few short weeks.

If you look under the "Ships" tab on the Celebrity website and click on the Millennium, there is a photoshop of the ship with the new livery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, wingnut2005 said:

Just curious is Summit going to dry dock in Singapore like Millennium or elsewhere possibly Bahamas 

 

It will dry dock in the Caribbean, likely The Bahamas, since it is currently doing cruises out of San Juan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn’t tell much from the video; too much of a marketing hype. My main concern is how much more space is going to be off limits to those who do not book suites. I sense a trend back to the class system of the Titanic era.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, richsea said:

I couldn’t tell much from the video; too much of a marketing hype. My main concern is how much more space is going to be off limits to those who do not book suites. I sense a trend back to the class system of the Titanic era.

 

So far it seems like only the suite guests are gaining, we're getting squeezed into tighter space with more cabins.  Maybe we'll get a price break to reflect this.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, richsea said:

I couldn’t tell much from the video; too much of a marketing hype. My main concern is how much more space is going to be off limits to those who do not book suites. I sense a trend back to the class system of the Titanic era.

I have discovered Celebrity relatively recently and loved the experience in a non-suite scenario: regular veranda and AQ. I thought we found our “niche” cruise segment. 

 

We have two more cruises booked in Concierge Class on M class ship, one pre-revolution on the Connie and one post-revolution on Millenium. Therefore I would like to say thank-you for the nice Millenium pictures posted. I am really interested in new developments regarding this ship.

 

I look forward to these next two cruises, but deep inside, I have to admit that I am a bit concerned about the new trend reducing more and more access to non-suite passengers. I hope that it will not have a negative impact on our non-suite experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

 

So far it seems like only the suite guests are gaining, we're getting squeezed into tighter space with more cabins.  Maybe we'll get a price break to reflect this.. 

 

What about all those oceanview and aqua people who are taking public space as well with their new cabins on "M" class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting to get excited about the Revolution and have come across a number of Before and after artist renditions.   Thought this thread might be a good place to post them -

 

Metropolitan Main Dining Room

 

Before

Metropolitan.thumb.png.a23fb29f27d131b3af23b1d710aa6b55.png

 

Aftercelebrity-revolution-food-drink-1700x730.thumb.jpg.e921e529bbd4895e6b0303a8c995ef11.jpg

 

revolution-dining-mdr-720x480.jpg.d1f06dd68841fdb434503ab1dfc6741b.jpg

Edited by Jim_Iain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Awards
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...