Would you Treat Yourself? - 2 Interior to JS

LuCruise

1 hour ago, moopetguy said:

One way I always like to think about it is in terms of the daily cost and value. $1700 more for a 7-night cruise ~= $243 per night (or about $61 per person, per night). Is that worth it to you? It wouldn't be to me, but I'm frugal 😉

I think you will also have more space with two interiors (2 x 166 sq ft vs. 267 sq ft, I think? Not counting the balcony). The added privacy and 2 bathrooms have already been mentioned...less chance of having to wait to use the toilet 🙂

If you switch to a non-refundable deposit, you might have to spend even more money if you want/need to buy trip cancellation insurance (e.g. if your credit card doesn't offer it).

Thanks...good way of thinking about it.  Or maybe $61 pp per day doesn't seem as bad?  :classic_biggrin:

Frugal too and we often go for the cheaper option (but again, more cruises overall). 

Yes...we typically don't switch to non-refundable until we book flights...so it would be riskier as we are not even at the 1year away mark yet.  So we could lose $400 if we had to cancel.

58 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

From video i just watched on 9210, one bathroom is just sink and toilet.  Other is toilet with tub/shower.

9210 is what was originally called a family junior suite and does have a bathroom with a toilet and then a bathroom with a tbu and a toilet.  What we have booked is what was originally called a spa junior suite.  Our cabin has a split bathroom.  One bathroom has a toilet and a sink.  The other bathroom has a sink, tub and a separate stand up shower stall.  We do not have a second toilet.

Other benefits not listed...you are in a suite class....so easier/faster on/off which is something I am always focused on.

Upgrade bed 😉

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Suites/16049781_RSC_Trade_Flyer.pdf

Edited by dodgestang
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

9210 is what was originally called a family junior suite and does have a bathroom with a toilet and then a bathroom with a tbu and a toilet.  What we have booked is what was originally called a spa junior suite.  Our cabin has a split bathroom.  One bathroom has a toilet and a sink.  The other bathroom has a sink, tub and a separate stand up shower stall.  We do not have a second toilet

Thanks for clarifying

For me, 2 interiors vs 1 junior suite are equivalent in value so if you need to pay an additional $1700 for the JS, I would choose the 2 interiors, especially with 2 pre-teen/teens. Just my 2 cents! Sounds like you got a great deal on the interiors! Congrats!

So, I do not get some of the comments.  When you are at home do you all sleep in one bedroom or does everyone have a separate bedroom?  Is it so hard for a family of four to be in one room for 7 nights, only 6 days that they cannot give and take during the week to all get ready and use the bathroom?  We are a family of 4, grandma, grandpa, dad and this year 11 yr old daughter/granddaughter.  We manage to spend a week in the same room without even getting in a fight because we are there for the fun times.  We have had balconies on sunny warm Caribbean cruises and cooler or cold New England and Alaska cruises and have always spent lots of time on our balconies.  It might take an umbrella or jacket but we get the balcony to spend time on it, regardless of weather.  I say take the Jr. suite and balcony and have a great time.  We have been on Oasis 2 times, Anthem once so far and there has never been a problem with anyone finding a seat in the Coastal Kitchen.  Oasis had more tables available than Anthem.  I know that whatever you do, you will have a great time but I would go for the Jr. Suite and balcony.

1 hour ago, lovescats5 said:

So, I do not get some of the comments.  When you are at home do you all sleep in one bedroom or does everyone have a separate bedroom?  Is it so hard for a family of four to be in one room for 7 nights, only 6 days that they cannot give and take during the week to all get ready and use the bathroom?  We are a family of 4, grandma, grandpa, dad and this year 11 yr old daughter/granddaughter.  We manage to spend a week in the same room without even getting in a fight because we are there for the fun times.  We have had balconies on sunny warm Caribbean cruises and cooler or cold New England and Alaska cruises and have always spent lots of time on our balconies.  It might take an umbrella or jacket but we get the balcony to spend time on it, regardless of weather.  I say take the Jr. suite and balcony and have a great time.  We have been on Oasis 2 times, Anthem once so far and there has never been a problem with anyone finding a seat in the Coastal Kitchen.  Oasis had more tables available than Anthem.  I know that whatever you do, you will have a great time but I would go for the Jr. Suite and balcony.

Not sure I understand your point.  At home, our kids have their own room (and washroom).  But on vacation, most times were are all in one room.  For a couple cruises (this Anthem and Navigator in the summer), we booked 2 connecting rooms as cost worked out. And for others that are booked, we are all in one room.  So we do both.  This is actually our first time trying 2 rooms.

The main reason for contemplating the switch is for double points, trying out a JS when its still financially in our budget, and on an Oasis/Quantum class with nice rooms and coastal kitchen.  If the JS was a double sofa bed then I wouldn't consider it, but I noticed some have a pullman and a sofa bed so now it's in the picture.

I think though hearing the replies, that it makes sense to stick with what we have and save the $1700.  That can be flight cost for us. 🙂  Will definitely monitor though in case the price goes down (but I doubt it will much more).

Edited by LuCruise

9 hours ago, LuCruise said:

2.  Our kids will be 14 and 10 next March, but for that reason, we wouldn't book 2 balconies.  One balcony I'm good with as they wouldn't go out there alone.  

That might be old enough to consider a balcony cabin (or JS) with an inside across the hall.  On paper and adult and kid in each cabin.  You'd always have a key to their cabin.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SAmome said:

That might be old enough to consider a balcony cabin (or JS) with an inside across the hall.  On paper and adult and kid in each cabin.  You'd always have a key to their cabin.

Doesn't need to be one adult and one kid in each cabin on paper -- minors can be next door or across the hall from parents without breaking the rules.  You can get extra room keys at Guest Services so everyone has access to each other's rooms.

13 hours ago, SAmome said:

Not sure I'd be comfortable with them in their own room that isn't connected yet (esp 2 siblings that get along sometimes but also fight)...but connecting as we have booked for sure.  An option though down the road.

14 hours ago, SAmome said:

Actually you got me curious so I priced out a JS for 2 with an interior for 2 across the hall.  The price is actually $55 cheaper than all 4 of us in a JS.  Only issue though is that our kids wouldn't have access to Coastal Kitchen so we couldn't make use of it and main advantage would just be the double points (which is still the main point for us).