Iona Construction ?

jaydee6969

It made me smile that the social media announcement was at precisely 10am on a Tuesday. That has definitely become ‘the’ time for announcements.

The news about Iona’s delivery ‘before autumn’ confirms what has already been reported from other sources.

However, the rest of the news about a second new ship seems badly timed. I don’t think people are really that bothered about what’s happening in 2 years time, when there’s more pressing and important matters in August 2020.

if I had a cruise booked in October and November this year, I would be cross that the cancellations weren’t confirmed today, and if I still had a refund outstanding from March I’d be ferociously angry that the refund situation had not been addressed. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

My favourite comment so far is some charmless bod who's described those waiting months for refunds as "moaning minnies".😂

I bet they would the first to complain if they had been waiting for nearly 5 months for a refund of several thousands of pounds ! 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

My favourite comment so far is some charmless bod who's described those waiting months for refunds as "moaning minnies".😂

Obviously one lucky individual who never needed or, already has, received  a full refund after a one week wait.

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 2

Just now, Dermotsgirl said:

I bet they would the first to complain if they had been waiting for nearly 5 months for a refund of several thousands of pounds ! 

Particularly as many of working age now find themselves in very different circumstances to when they booked - still paying mortgages, furloughed, redundant, fearing redundancy; all through no fault of their own. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

However , the rest of the news about a second new ship seems badly timed. I don’t think people are really that bothered about what’s happening in 2 years time, when there’s more pressing and important matters in August 2020.

if I had a cruise booked in October and November this year, I would be cross that the cancellations weren’t confirmed today, and if I still had a refund outstanding from March I’d be ferociously angry that the refund situation had not been addressed. 

Which only reinforces what we already know. P&O are completely out of touch with, and uncaring about ordinary joe public. 

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Which only reinforces what we already know. P&O are completely out of touch with, and uncaring about ordinary joe public. 

Avril 

Correct Avril, once again they are succeeding in turning a good news story in to poor PR for themselves. 

The poor social media team are already deployed defending the company on what should be a celebratory day.  For instance, there is quite a harrowing story on there about how people with terminal illnesses have been treated in terms of refunds from Iona.

Bad idea to release this and not be clearer on the issue of October plans and refund processes at the same time.  Should just have postponed both, or had the FAQs ready in bucket loads.

However, no Paul Ludlow video, so they are learning just a small bit!🤣

2 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

However, no Paul Ludlow video, so they are learning just a small bit!🤣

I never want to see that over- paid, over-privileged  condescending little twits smirking face again. Too harsh??

Avril 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Too kind...but this is a family friendly forum and it's before the watershed...so I'll just agree with you🤣

Could I have worded it a little differently then?😊.

You can always read between the lines😉

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I must stop reading the posts on the other site. The sycophants who believe that P&O can do no wrong are out in force at the moment.

The level of ignorance is also amazingly high - I particularly liked the poster complaining that as an English (!) company,  P&O should be building Iona in an English shipyard.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I think so Avril, he is after all some mother's son. 

But I assume he made the decision to make the videos. If he wants to be a video star, he needs to accept that his presentation style leaves a lot be desired.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Sorry, not been around for last hour. The subtle takeaway is that the new book ain’t coming out til Spring 2021.

Gala 2 was due May 2022 but now December 2022. Iona delivery “before Autumn” ie this month.

is the start of 'autumn' actually flexible?

33 minutes ago, wowzz said:

But I assume he made the decision to make the videos. If he wants to be a video star, he needs to accept that his presentation style leaves a lot be desired.

Still a bit harsh criticising him for being a wooden  actor, maybe the rest of P&Os top table are even worse.

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I never want to see that over- paid, over-privileged  condescending little twits smirking face again. Too harsh??

Avril 

Just about spot on, and I'm not even owed any money.

My only comment is that there should be an apostrophe between the 't' and the 's' in twits.🤣🤣

44 minutes ago, davecttr said:

is the start of 'autumn' actually flexible?

P&O now have a team on Iona checking it is up to scratch. If it’s not then im sure handover will be delayed but all good for current date as things stand. At the moment, I can’t share that date - it’s more than even my neck is worth!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

P&O now have a team on Iona checking it is up to scratch. If it’s not then im sure handover will be delayed but all good for current date as things stand. At the moment, I can’t share that date - it’s more than even my neck is worth!

Do you think that we'll start to see photos of the interiors soon after handover has happened?

2 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

However, the rest of the news about a second new ship seems badly timed. I don’t think people are really that bothered about what’s happening in 2 years time, when there’s more pressing and important matters in August 2020.

I have a feeling that announcement was as much for investors as it was for potential customers.

Sure its more conventional to do this through the traditional channels (fiscal reports etc.) but putting the information out into the broader public spectrum shows that they are confident and willing to proceed with Iona's sister.

• Like 1