Iona Construction ?

jaydee6969

46 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

I heard a reliable rumour that P&O refuses to take Iona at all due to their financial situation and that she will go to another Cruise Line. Could this be true?

Clearly hope that this is not true.

May I ask, was this rumour a word of mouth thing, or based on some online content?  Thank you.

I haven't heard anything similar to be honest.

Just now, No pager thank you said:

Clearly hope that this is not true.

May I ask, was this rumour a word of mouth thing, or based on some online content?  Thank you.

I haven't heard anything similar to be honest.

It is not an internet rumor but a mouth to mouth info from an insider.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

It is not an internet rumor but a mouth to mouth info from an insider.

Thanks for confirming Saab, hopefully turns out to be a red herring.

If that were to be true (or even close) then it would be catastrophic for the company's previous intentions for the P&O UK brand.

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

I heard a reliable rumour that P&O refuses to take Iona at all due to their financial situation and that she will go to another Cruise Line. Could this be true?

Realistically, no other cruise line will have the funds to buy Iona given the current situation. And even if they did have a spare few hundred million, would they really want it? 

2 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Its not true. The funding is in place.

P&O would rather loose any other ship (with the possible exception of flagship Britannia), even multiple ships, than let someone take Iona away.

Oceana on the other hand.... 

Edited by molecrochip
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

No because Carnival are buying it not P&O, however it could be possible they might decide to allocate it to another of their cruise lines, but I doubt it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Its not true. The funding is in place.

P&O would rather loose any other ship (with the possible exception of flagship Britannia), even multiple ships, than let someone take Iona away.

Oceana on the other hand.... 

Blasphemy!!!!!!  We love Oceana, our favourite ship.  Been on Ventura, Britannia, Azura, with Iona booked.  But up to now, still love Oceana best. 🙂

31 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

No because Carnival are buying it not P&O, however it could be possible they might decide to allocate it to another of their cruise lines, but I doubt it.

No idea how much re-branding would cost, but surely they wouldn't do that with a brand new ship?

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 10:36 PM, Addict said:

Blasphemy!!!!!!  We love Oceana, our favourite ship.  Been on Ventura, Britannia, Azura, with Iona booked.  But up to now, still love Oceana best. 🙂

Sorry but I think you had better prepare yourself...  The Oceana rumours are getting stronger.

On 7/2/2020 at 10:39 PM, Addict said:

No idea how much re-branding would cost, but surely they wouldn't do that with a brand new ship?

Very unlikely I would have thought but nothing can be ruled out in the current situation. Sadly, I think they are more likely to offload the older ships that are considerably less cost-effective to operate.

29 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Sorry but I think you had better prepare yourself...  The Oceana rumours are getting stronger.

I guess you could be right.  The oldest are vulnerable.  Such a shame though.

Just curious, when is everyone due to sail on Iona?  We've probably all mentioned it at some time or another but wondering who is due to be on the earliest cruises?  We are scheduled for 14 November 2020.

14 minutes ago, Addict said:

Just curious, when is everyone due to sail on Iona?  We've probably all mentioned it at some time or another but wondering who is due to be on the earliest cruises?  We are scheduled for 14 November 2020.

I was due to go in September this year and your cruise in November.  Both now changed to the equivalent 2021 cruises.

No

We have other cruises booked for next year and 2022 and will wait to see what happens in 2020

When this first started I did an either/or.  Either it’s a something or nothing thing, which departs or weakens as soon as it arrives, or it’s not, and cruising becomes the least of our concerns.  Sadly, it was the latter.

I think we may be at something of a tipping point now but, honestly, who knows?

1 hour ago, Addict said:

Due to get on when you get off on 28th Nov. Probably will go, but will see if anything changes before final payment in August.

Simon

21 minutes ago, sddsddean said:

Due to get on when you get off on 28th Nov. Probably will go, but will see if anything changes before final payment in August.

Simon

Doesn't all this depend on whether P&O actually takes delivery of Iona in the first place?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our 2nd attempt is due to be 19th June 2021

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Doesn't all this depend on whether P&O actually takes delivery of Iona in the first place?

Yes, of course, everything depends on delivery.  Can't go anywhere if they don't have the ship! 🙂

• Like 1