Iona Construction ?

jaydee6969

50 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

This is exactly how we feel, don't want go and compare everything to how it used to be. We have had a good run at it and seen some wonderful places, but we are feeling that this is probably it for us, certainly until everything is back to normal, if it ever is.

My feelings also, we have traveled all over the world not just cruising for the last 30 years and are grateful for that.

Recent family events have made us realised what is really important in life.

• Like 3

Thanks for posting. As much as she is not a ship for my tastes, the construction process is absolutely incredible. I suppose the confidentiality agreement signed with Carnival/P&O restricts them to minimal internal shots of no more than 1.5 seconds length...😉😄

28 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Start to finish and a glimpse inside...

Thank you for posting. She's not my size of ship and I know some will say 'an ugly block of flats', but I've seen a lot worse with a theme park protruding from the top.I think she's lovely. and the inside, what we could see, is elegant. Still wouldn't be tempted though.

Avril

Thanks for posting that, I’m looking forward to her arriving in Southampton and due to go on her in April next year 🙏 she is big and the biggest I’ve been on is Britannia which I loved we’ve got to give her a go but my heart is in small traditional ships 

45 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Thanks for posting that, I’m looking forward to her arriving in Southampton and due to go on her in April next year 🙏 she is big and the biggest I’ve been on is Britannia which I loved we’ve got to give her a go but my heart is in small traditional ships 

End of August for us. Hopefully nicely run in and Gary will be in good voice.  As there are so many saying they will not sail on her, P&O will probably invite a few of her supporters on FOC shakedown cruises. They know who we are🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Loved watching the video so thank you for posting. If the ship sails at reduced capacity how do you think they will decide which cabins they will lose? 

Michelle 

Given the anger with which the P&O CV19 protocols have been received, I imagine lots of people will either forfeit their deposits, or move to a much later date, so there will be no need to lose cabins or passengers.

I have two cabins booked for July next year a balcony and an inside, I am a bit nervous that one will be withdrawn. However after looking today at the price of a ships excursion when there are five of us it could be that we cancel 

Michelle 

Just now, Peanut006 said:

I have two cabins booked for July next year a balcony and an inside, I am a bit nervous that one will be withdrawn. However after looking today at the price of a ships excursion when there are five of us it could be that we cancel 

Michelle 

And the cost of five CV19 tests at £170 or so each!

15 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Given the anger with which the P&O CV19 protocols have been received, I imagine lots of people will either forfeit their deposits, or move to a much later date, so there will be no need to lose cabins or passengers.

Quite a straightforward interpretation of the "cull" strategy that has been debated for some time.

In fairness, most people said it would be from suites downwards (i.e. by cabin grade/price).  Few thought it would be as cynical as to effectively force a good number of passengers to cancel and retain their deposits.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zap99 said:

£11.99 at Boots or free from NHS. Certificate is free from Boots and 32p from NHS.😁

Come on Zap, tell us more about these cheap tests  - save all those people having to book online and wait hours for their CV19 tests.  

I walked through the Boots in Lincoln today,  and there was no indication  that the test was available.  

14 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

Quite a straightforward interpretation of the "cull" strategy that has been debated for some time.

In fairness, most people said it would be from suites downwards (i.e. by cabin grade/price).  Few thought it would be as cynical as to effectively force a good number of passengers to cancel and retain their deposits.

Well they’ve culled us no way will we be travelling with them! Quite a few posts on FB are saying if they don’t change their policy on refunds if you no longer wish to travel to go down the charge back route as they aren’t supplying the goods as advertised at time of purchase. At least we haven’t got to worry till February before our next balance is due so let’s hope they see sense before then so they don’t alienate even more folk. Oh and still no deposit back  from the last cancellations after 4 weeks despite all the assurances

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Come on Zap, tell us more about these cheap tests  - save all those people having to book online and wait hours for their CV19 tests.  

I walked through the Boots in Lincoln today,  and there was no indication  that the test was available.  

Did you ask?. Available when required by the travel companies. 

4 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Did you ask?. Available when required by the travel companies. 

So, to be clear, you are saying that Boots will give me a CV19 test, and a certificate, with a 72hr turnaround time, for £11.99 ? 

They are certainly keeping it quiet, as I can find no mention of it.