Medallion update

cruisingrob21

Gonna leave this here.  Princess has officially announced the Royal, Crown, and Sky will have medallion technology enabled soon...of course we've heard this before.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/20258-princess-to-activate-three-additional-medallionclass-ships.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yea, I agree. We were on the CB last month and although we enjoyed the convenience of our cabin door unlocking automatically, there was nothing life-changing about the whole experience. I suppose as they get all the bugs worked out, maybe will add more to daily life on the ship. 

We were on the CB in November and had the OM.  It was not completely engaged but we loved the part that was working.  It made it much quicker to exit and return to the ship among other enhancements.  Having the door unlock was really great not having to fumble with the sea card.  Unfortunately our cruises reserved for this year will not be on any of the five ships as we will miss OM.  

https://www.cruisecotterill.com/cruise-news/princess-cruises-announces-expansion-of-medallion-activated-ships?fbclid=IwAR1aqyz35W39i-J-MPePx12JkjVNPSx8o3FsJK14MkHGO5_FhrIInGnSrGs

They were installing the Medallion screens outside staterooms on Royal a couple of weeks ago. 

We have 3 sailings coming up on Royal Princess starting with the R/T Alaska cruise Sept 17th  .We would use the OM if it works to make our lives easier :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Additional details from today’s CCL News Release:

http://phoenix.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2384358

The only thing that could greatly improve my experience is their “best Wi-Fi at sea: MedallionNet”.

And MedallionNet does not require having the Medallion to use, just having the upgraded Internet equipment.

1 minute ago, caribill said:

And MedallionNet does not require having the Medallion to use, just having the upgraded Internet equipment.

Yes & based on posts I’ve read the transition to MedallionNet has been smoother than with functions that use the OceanMedallion.

Hopefully they’ve learned enough from the installations on the Caribbean & Regal to have a better transition to being MedallionClass.

Currently on the Royal.  Regular internet last week.  This week all elite and platinum b2b’s got free unlimited internet via medallion.  Much faster and easier to use.  My husband is one happy camper.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, newport dave said:

In the post. 

If it is "In the post" how far in advance of sailing?  We will be away from home for a couple of weeks traveling --- will not return home before we board the ship.

If they ever get it working as advertised I think I'll be very pleased with the Medallion. However, even on CB it's only doing a small amount of what was advertised. Typical "marketing clowns" type of deal. People who know absolutely nothing about a project make grandiose promises that can't be readily fulfilled by those tasked with implementation.

5 hours ago, Sudoku said:

Currently on the Royal.  Regular internet last week.  This week all elite and platinum b2b’s got free unlimited internet via medallion.  Much faster and easier to use.  My husband is one happy camper.