Happy Now?! 😒

gottacruisemore

On Edge now and they are removing the rocking chairs this evening. Supposedly it's to give us room to pack, but they're coming to get it while we're at dinner and bags need to be in the hall by 10 p.m. Plus, we're already packed! 

In fact I had already overheard talk that they were getting rid of them, but didn't really think much about it as I only heard a partial convo with no context. My immediate thought was we'll see.

Now here we are with the butler asking if he can take the chair.

It's a shame I really enjoyed it. It goes to show that while they do listen it always seems the negative voices are the loudest and most prolific. If you like something you should praise it loudly as well.

0127191058_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

I was on the January 13th sailing and was told by my butler that the rocking chairs were going to be removed in the very near future.  I think that majority of guests did not like the rocker in their SS.  We had ours put on the balcony and I loved it on the balcony (however, they are not "weatherproofed"!)  The fact that the room attendant had no issues whatsoever putting it on, and leaving it on, the balcony for the entire week told me that, yes, they planned on removing them from suites.

15 minutes ago, gottacruisemore said:

Here's the room without the chair. I also pushed in the desk and moved that chair over to the now empty spot. This is a corner aft S1 Sky Suite.

That really opens up the cabin, and gives full use of the full-length mirror.  But there is zero [count 'em, 0] desk space!

I am one of the few that loved the rocker, I guess. Yes, it was in the way at times, but was worth it - we just slid it out of the way, if needed. It was comfortable and pretty, IMO, and it was what made the living area of the sky suites look more like suites. Now the living area furnishings are exactly the same as a non-suite cabin (bed, 2 side tables, sliding vanity, dresser, refrig cabinet, same sofa, same tom tom), with a $12,000 price tag for some. Of course, it won't change the experience much, but just an observation about the 176 sky suites decor.

Hopefully, they will add the coffee table that they have been promising the butlers and upgraded deck furniture that is at least comparable to AQ on S and M Class (at least pre-revolution). 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

I am one of the few that loved the rocker, I guess. Yes, it was in the way at times, but was worth it - we just slid it out of the way, if needed. It was comfortable and pretty, IMO, and it was what made the living area of the sky suites look more like suites. Now the living area furnishings are exactly the same as a non-suite cabin (bed, 2 side tables, sliding vanity, dresser, refrig cabinet, same sofa, same tom tom), with a $12,000 price tag for some. Of course, it won't change the experience much, but just an observation about the 176 sky suites decor.

Hopefully, they will add the coffee table that they have been promising the butlers and upgraded deck furniture that is at least comparable to AQ on S and M Class (at least pre-revolution). 🙂

Sorry,  meant 136 sky suites (176 suites is total suites)..

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Yes, the rockers were nice, but if I'm paying a hefty premium for an S1 I would prefer upgraded furniture on the verandah and a coffee table in the suite, instead of the rocker. That would definitely change the experience. 😊 I'm hoping that post revolution we won’t find the present verandah furniture on the rest of the fleet. 😳

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Yes, the rockers were nice, but if I'm paying a hefty premium for an S1 I would prefer upgraded furniture on the verandah and a coffee table in the suite, instead of the rocker. That would definitely change the experience. 😊 I'm hoping that post revolution we won’t find the present verandah furniture on the rest of the fleet. 😳

I agree hoping that verandah furniture isn't changed to this  on the older ships. These do not look like they would be conducive to reading on the balcony, which is one of the things I enjoy most, a good book on a lounge with a foot stool or a full lounge. These don't allow that at all, perhaps we should bring our own hammock:

I love rocking chairs but the big, bulky chairs in the Edge SS didn't work for us.  First, I'm short so it was not comfortable for me.  It was always in the way (I wouldn't have moved it on the balcony as the window washer (for IVs) sprayed the balconies right along with the IVs and soaked the balcony (good thing our door wasn't opened or the rocker would have gotten soaked inside the cabin.  It was one of those things that they didn't really think through when selecting the piece of furniture that would both fit and be functional.  Our chair became the place where the plethora of throw pillows ended up.  

Replacing the chairs with a nice coffee table or footstools on the balcony would be nice.....

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

I agree hoping that verandah furniture isn't changed to this  on the older ships. These do not look like they would be conducive to reading on the balcony, which is one of the things I enjoy most, a good book on a lounge with a foot stool or a full lounge. These don't allow that at all, perhaps we should bring our own hammock:

Virgin Voyages is making hammocks standard on all their balcony cabins.

Virgin_Voyages_Sea_Terrace_1-fill-800x45

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I actually loved the rocking chair in our CS.  Much more comfortable than the concrete couch!

I agree that the rocking chair itself was very comfortable but, in my opinion,  the Sky Suite itself was just too small for a chair this big.

• Like 1

I  board the Edge on Sunday and we LOVE rocking chairs. I'm sorry to see it go, especially as I am betting that nothing replaces it for awhile. Ordering that many of any furniture item takes far longer then they have had. 

Won’t make me pay for another Edge sky suite to see them gone, but happy that Celebrity isn’t afraid to admit that this oversized designer chair has no business being in this size cabin. Hope they realize the rocker money should have been spent on a table or better balcony furniture.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, angelhelly said:

The Rocking chair were the only comfortable piece of furniture in the cabin.... I'm sorry to see it go.

5 hours ago, omarchs said:

Won’t make me pay for another Edge sky suite to see them gone, but happy that Celebrity isn’t afraid to admit that this oversized designer chair has no business being in this size cabin. Hope they realize the rocker money should have been spent on a table or better balcony furniture.

I suspect that Celebrity HQ is about to get a bunch of really comfortable chairs – which will actually fit in nice C-suite offices.  And I agree that removing them will open up the Sky Suites very nicely, but it will also leave you with not one comfortable place to sit inside or outside.  They need to replace these rockers with something smaller but equally comfortable, and on Apex they should make sure the couch is not made of concrete!

• Like 1

Just thinking.

If  the Edge was made to attract the younger crowd wouldn’t gaming chairs be a better choice than rocking chairs?  

Who is it that they were really trying to attract with rocking chairs?  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

1 hour ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

That is too bad.

I wish Cruise Critic would create a new board for the Edge complainers, at this point they are just repeating themselves OVER and OVER every chance they can, they are exhausting!  :classic_huh:

One man's “complaint” is another man's “campaign”. 😉

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, miched said:

Just thinking.

If  the Edge was made to attract the younger crowd wouldn’t gaming chairs be a better choice than rocking chairs?  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

New / young parents?

Edited by PhoenixCruiser

36 minutes ago, miched said:

Just thinking.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Imo, the chairs currently on the verandah were designed for the younger crowd. And the rockers... well we know what demographic they were aimed at. 😉