Is there still a diamond & up line for arrival que?

1) I haven't cruised since last Sept & my 1st on a Oasis class on Ms. O @ Port Canaveral. Right out of the box my synopsis is the main line was way out the freaking door & thankfully this mobility challenge indv doesn't have go through that line. I ask is their still the Diamond & up other line or has The Key & Expedient Arrival is now Trumping that whole old way? Back to the main line u go. 

2) I am thinking about the key because it includes 1wifi. Have they oversold & actually getting lunch has not worked do to space?

3) Can a Diamond or up tell me if one of the benfits is a 30% discount or discount of DX Bev Pkg onboard?

Thanks for any helpful insight on these items.

Happy cruising. 

12 minutes ago, Justmekaren918 said:

...  Can a Diamond or up tell me if one of the benfits is a 30% discount or discount of DX Bev Pkg onboard? ...

This was a perk a couple of years ago, but has since been removed.

24 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

1. Without Key, P or suite, you stand in line.

2. No reports of that.

3. The discount kicks in at D+.

Really? D and D+ have to wait in line with the "regular" folks? Another perk taken away and "sold" to people willing to pay for the Key.

• Like 1

It depends on port.

At Baltimore there are lines for Platinum up to Suites.

They have several check in people that take from those lines first, then if no one in any of those lines, they take from the general line.  And some just do the general line.

3 minutes ago, SRF said:

It depends on port.

At Baltimore there are lines for Platinum up to Suites.

They have several check in people that take from those lines first, then if no one in any of those lines, they take from the general line.  And some just do the general line.

They are asking about security lines, not check in lines.

I discussed this at length with a Hotel Director. He told me the only change they were making was Port Canaveral that it was the only port in Florida to have priority screening for diamond and up. 

At first I thought he was wrong but I didn't want to argue about it. Upon more thoughts he was correct in Ft Lauderdale there is a door to go in for Suites and Pinnacles only no diamond and up line. Same with Miami and Tampa. I was glad I didn't argue my point because I was wrong.

The problem seems to lie with the competence of the screeners (they are not TSA employees). 

19 minutes ago, rt1092 said:

I discussed this at length with a Hotel Director. He told me the only change they were making was Port Canaveral that it was the only port in Florida to have priority screening for diamond and up. 

At first I thought he was wrong but I didn't want to argue about it. Upon more thoughts he was correct in Ft Lauderdale there is a door to go in for Suites and Pinnacles only no diamond and up line. Same with Miami and Tampa. I was glad I didn't argue my point because I was wrong.

The problem seems to lie with the competence of the screeners (they are not TSA employees). 

Diamond and d+are no longer allowed to use the priority line for screening at PC they stopped it a few months ago

Edited by molly361

5 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Diamond and above are no longer allowed to use the priority line for screening at PC

Correct for screening at PC 

Designated Priority line for check in though 

Edited by ssb

On 3/5/2019 at 9:53 AM, reallyitsmema said:

They are asking about security lines, not check in lines.

The just said the main line.  Not the security line.

But if security, then yes, Suite and Pinnacle have special line.

For check in, special lines for each level, plus suites, plus mobility challenged.

2 minutes ago, SRF said:

The just said the main line.  Not the security line.

But if security, then yes, Suite and Pinnacle have special line.

For check in, special lines for each level, plus suites, plus mobility challenged.

They said Oasis, Port Canaveral  and the line out the door.  Port Canaveral used to have a separate security line for diamonds and diamond +.  That does not exist anymore, have you ever actually sailed from Port Canaveral?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SRF said:

Apparently, at PC the staff at the door interpret mobility challenged as - only if you're in a wheel chair. DW has to use a cane and a brace due to the lack of anything providing functional support in one of her knees, but they ignored her obvious mobility issues and herded us into the main line (where we snaked through for 90 minutes before getting to the TSA screeners.) She spent the majority of the first afternoon lying down to try and manage the pain. RCL never responded to the email I sent complaining about the lack of sense or sensibility of their shoreside staff.:classic_sad::classic_sad::classic_angry:

7 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

They said Oasis, Port Canaveral  and the line out the door.  Port Canaveral used to have a separate security line for diamonds and diamond +.  That does not exist anymore, have you ever actually sailed from Port Canaveral?

I cruised out of PC last September on Oasis & they did have a Diamond & up line 4 the security line & the main line was way out the door & looked like 2+ hours. Traveling Solo, no way could I do it through my disabilities. Now I have HOS out of PC this September. 

If I don't manage to get there before 1st call, will The Key get me around that massive line? Then my Diamond perks get me through the rest. 

On 3/5/2019 at 10:35 AM, rt1092 said:

We got to at use the suite line/lounge when boarding the AD in February, but I think that had more to do with being Terminal #25 and not #29.