Princess Cruises Celebrates Most-Travelled Guest Marking 2,500 Days at Sea and 282 Cr

Astro Flyer

1 hour ago, waltd said:

Frank I would think you are getting pretty close to that number also, right? 😁

Joe...you’re hilarious! 🤣

If they combined Jax & your days with our days we probably wouldn't even have half of her total of days that she’s been able to enjoy onboard.  Good for her & it would be great to have the opportunity to hear more about her life at sea.

• Like 2

I don't dismiss this Princess cruiser's achievement.  If anything, I am happy for them!

On my Royal Princess cruise, a most traveled Princess cruiser was honored during the Captain's Circle Party.  I don't recall the exact number of days--around 850--nor the number of cruises.  They resided in Miami.  Doing a bit of math with their Princess cruises and days sailed, it amounted to 10.5 days per cruise for them to achieve this recognition.

Those who reside close to a port of departure for Princess cruises have an advantage that those of us who live far from a port don't have.  Fairly obvious to me that this nice couple have done much "hopping on" Princess cruises of not too long of lengths.  Taking advantage of such an opportunity is something that I wish I could do. 

I wonder  if she was onboard the Regal with us about three  or  four years ago, 

A very nice lady with strawberry blonde hair, who I noticed at the buffet on a few occasions.  

We went to the Captain’s party, and that same lady was honored as most travelled, with 

around 2,200 days at sea!  

I am beginning to think it might be her after all, as usually the most traveled honorees we’ve seen have been couples and not singles.  

Interesting article. Since we have had the pleasure of sailing with Ilene, can attest she is a wonderful person.

More interesting, we were on that Crown Princess cruise and Ilene was one of our dinner mates. Carl was traveling with our group of friends, and I got to see first hand the romance unfolding.A true Love Boat romance.

Edited by san diego sue
  • Like 1

If we live to 150 we might be able to tie her record!  On most of our cruises the most traveled has had 1100 to 1800 nights on Princess.  Many times it is an older person (male or female) who looks to be 80+.  They have the time and money to sail that often and have been doing it for decades.  We did not discover the joy of cruising until the turn of the century and it took a few years to find Princess after trying a few duds.  One cannot find fault on the love boat.  :classic_biggrin:

15 hours ago, san diego sue said:

Interesting article. Since we have had the pleasure of sailing with Ilene, can attest she is a wonderful person.

More interesting, we were on that Crown Princess cruise and Ilene was one of our dinner mates. Carl was traveling with our group of friends, and I got to see first hand the romance unfolding.A true Love Boat romance.

Lucky you to have met her...she’d be a wealth of experience & would enjoy meeting her.

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Thanks for posting this, it was something to read.  I can't believe how many days she has sailed!

I can only dream about even sailing a small percentage of her number of days onboard. 

Thank you for sharing.

I wonder if she is the most traveled Princess cruiser in history?  I met a lady some years ago who lived on the cruise ship for many years.  First with her husband and then by herself.  She was the Godmother of the Previous Royal Princess ship. (One of the R Class ships).  I never did hear the actual numbers for her, but it must be a very big number.

8 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Thank you for sharing.

I wonder if she is the most traveled Princess cruiser in history?  I met a lady some years ago who lived on the cruise ship for many years.  First with her husband and then by herself.  She was the Godmother of the Previous Royal Princess ship. (One of the R Class ships).  I never did hear the actual numbers for her, but it must be a very big number.

Over 5000 days

https://www.cruisehive.com/princess-cruises-most-prolific-passenger-passes-away/3086

Also a very nice person.

I once met a lovely and interesting woman whose name was Barbara (CC name Cruise38) who was a very experienced Princess cruiser.  She had many, many days sailing on Princess.  This was during a re-positioning cruise of the original Royal Princess from Fort Lauderdale-Manaus-Civitavecchia around 2004.  I have lost track of her; she does not post on CC under the screen name that I recognize.  I have tried the e-mail address I have for her; it does not bounce back.  But, there is no response, either.  Anyone remember her? 

On the Ruby Feb. 18 cruise our most traveled had over 3000 days.    Don't remember the details, think he/she was from San Diego.    We just passed our 365 night mark - one full year, though not all on Princess and it's taken about 40 years!    

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 9:51 PM, san diego sue said:

Very cool Gloria 😎

Maybe you and Lou are match makers !

Srpilo