When will carnival update their main pools?

Jared100

6th carnival cruise upcoming, but can’t help but notice they are behind the times on their main pool layout. I just saw the updated Navigator of the Seas pool layout and it looks awesome. I have always though carnivals main pools were small and left more to be desired. Not sure if it matters but I am a younger cruiser, and I think a pool like this one on navigator would appeal to a lot of people 

008C32D8-22B1-40CF-8EC6-553DDD3FADED.jpeg

• Like 4

Clearly an artist's rendering as you would never see that few people in any public lido deck pool.  Plus, they depict what appears to be a toddler with parents in the "deep part".

While visually appealing, I can only imagine the crowding would be worse considering it seems to be the only pool on the ship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Jared

You got to figure...many people don't go on a cruise to sit by the pool. Like myself, I am sure there might be others who really couldn't care less if there was a pool at all. Just saying.

The question, when it comes out sounding like "why doesn't Carnival do something like RCCL?"...or it could be any other cruise line. Sort of begs the question, "why should they?". There are a lot of things that the larger RCCL ships have that Carnival ships don't. They are trying to satisfy their customers. 

You say you are an younger cruiser...if you are suggesting that you travel with your parents, maybe you should ask your parents if they might consider choosing one of those RCCL ships for the next cruise. I know if my parents were in the position to cruise often, I would certainly voice my opinion, in a nice way. Some of those ships look pretty spectacular, pretty close to a theme park in many ways. 

hope you get to cruise on a ship with a fancy pool in the future

have a great cruise

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi Jared

You got to figure...many people don't go on a cruise to sit by the pool. Like myself, I am sure there might be others who really couldn't care less if there was a pool at all. Just saying.

The question, when it comes out sounding like "why doesn't Carnival do something like RCCL?"...or it could be any other cruise line. Sort of begs the question, "why should they?". There are a lot of things that the larger RCCL ships have that Carnival ships don't. They are trying to satisfy their customers. 

You say you are an younger cruiser...if you are suggesting that you travel with your parents, maybe you should ask your parents if they might consider choosing one of those RCCL ships for the next cruise. I know if my parents were in the position to cruise often, I would certainly voice my opinion, in a nice way. Some of those ships look pretty spectacular, pretty close to a theme park in many ways. 

hope you get to cruise on a ship with a fancy pool in the future

have a great cruise

The reference to RCI was simply a picture, showing something new. Many here have probably not seen it and maybe thought a pool like that wasn’t possible. 

When I stated a younger cruiser, you do not need to assume I am child who cruises with their parents. I am in my late 20s and fully enjoy my own vacations.

What is  a cruises purpose if not to relax? What’s the point of having a motel 6 pool when your building billion dollar mega structures? I would doubt that most wouldn’t care if there wasn’t a pool. Even if one doesn’t go in for a swim, they are certainly nice to sit by.

If you were to go to an expensive all inclusive resort, you would probably anticipate it have a nice fancy pool, and not something you would find at a super 8.  Wouldn’t this same concept transition into cruises?

Respectfully,

Jared

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jared100 said:

The reference to RCI was simply a picture, showing something new. Many here have probably not seen it and maybe thought a pool like that wasn’t possible. 

When I stated a younger cruiser, you do not need to assume I am child who cruises with their parents. I am in my late 20s and fully enjoy my own vacations.

What is  a cruises purpose if not to relax? What’s the point of having a motel 6 pool when your building billion dollar mega structures? I would doubt that most wouldn’t care if there wasn’t a pool. Even if one doesn’t go in for a swim, they are certainly nice to sit by.

If you were to go to an expensive all inclusive resort, you would probably anticipate it have a nice fancy pool, and not something you would find at a super 8.  Wouldn’t this same concept transition into cruises?

Respectfully,

Jared

Hi

So, to my point, I don't consider sitting around a pool (especially if I wasn't going to go swimming) with a few hundred others, quite tightly pack in, anything close to relaxing. At least at the Motel 6 pools you can go swimming. From my perspective, the area is just a place to hang around and drink. That's not what I do and as I said there are many others on the ship who never frequent the area expect going to or coming from the buffet. I don't hang around the pools at all inclusive resorts either. I go swimming, get out and then go do something. It would appear we have quite a different perspective.

What I was getting at was the thought that if there is something offered that appeals to you by a different company, give them a try. You might like it for more than their pool. :classic_biggrin: You owe nothing to Carnival. 

• Like 2

So I’m a cruiser who likes to sit by the pool all day. That pool looks like 2 regular pools with a lot of wading space in between. That wading space would probably be filled with younger kids so no I don’t like that new pool design. If my kids were still young it may appeal to me but not now. Thanks for sharing though.

• Like 2

There are just too many passengers on a cruise ship for it to end up being very useful.  I would not mind an update but the crowds will keep it from being the relaxing oasis many are looking for.

2 hours ago, dude_hdt said:

Slightly side question.  How often do they flush the pool?

It is my understanding that the pools are drained, cleaned, and refilled every night. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Jared, thank you for sharing the picture. But I would like to state for the record that I am one of the MANY people who do not enjoy hanging out by the pool. So that pool design would not be a draw for me. But everyone has different tastes and that is ok ☺

11 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

The artist renderings are never close:

X4Nx6RYWsKivCnTWy9g1_1082101464.jpeg

That is hilarious!!  I like to sit by the pool and get in to cool off every few minutes - but I don't like being in a pool with young children.  So, for me, I would love to see the Serenity on each ship have a pool instead of hot tubs (like the Miracle & Legend).  I would much prefer smaller pools - one for adults only - rather than one huge pool filled with the little guys.

Add us to the folks that never sit around the pool. After 19 cruises we've never, ever, sat near the pool on loungers and have never been in one of the pools. We're surrounded by a beautiful ocean so why would we need to sit in a crowded pool area just to be near water? If that's your thing, good on you, have fun. To each their own.😉

18 hours ago, Jared100 said:

Respectfully,

Jared

Options are limited because it is a ship and not a vacant plot of land. Sure, they could make some fancy pool layout but on the smaller ships where there are only one or two pools, they would be crowded to the max. If I'm booking an all inclusive resort, sure, a nice pool is expected but I'm more about finding a nice beach. When excluding alcohol, cruises are usually way less expensive than going to a resort. I can go anywhere in the US for less money and hang out by a pool if that is my only interest. 

I agree they do need to dress up / enhance their pool and surrounding area. When you're on a cruise you're usually on a tropical getaway. Pools and that type of vacation go hand and hand, so I think the pool area should be a bit more pleasing / inviting. Good observation Jared!

18 hours ago, StolidCruiser said:

Clearly an artist's rendering as you would never see that few people in any public lido deck pool.  Plus, they depict what appears to be a toddler with parents in the "deep part".

While visually appealing, I can only imagine the crowding would be worse considering it seems to be the only pool on the ship.

Nope, there is a pool in the Solarium.