Hard to resist deal: 13 night transatlantic $1799+ SUITE S-class

ghstudio

This fare seems to be offered by many TA's today.....the Silhouette is sailing from Ft Lauderdale to Southampton with some stops....a transatlantic.  While we are not anxious to go on another TA (we've done 4), I was staggered by the opportunity to spend 13 nights in a suite (guarantee) for less than $138 a day.  No perks (it's a TA), but dine in Luminae, etc.

If you are flexible...it leaves April 14th.

If  you did the Edge 15 night in a suite, it would cost $306 a day

This really is a bargain....have you always wanted to try a suite, luminae, etc.....check it out.

Oh yes, that cruise doesn't show on the celebrity site....just on various TA sites.

2 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

This fare seems to be offered by many TA's today.....the Silhouette is sailing from Ft Lauderdale to Southampton with some stops....a transatlantic.  While we are not anxious to go on another TA (we've done 4), I was staggered by the opportunity to spend 13 nights in a suite (guarantee) for less than $138 a day.  No perks (it's a TA), but dine in Luminae, etc.

This really is a bargain....have you always wanted to try a suite, luminae, etc.....check it out.

Oh yes, that cruise doesn't show on the celebrity site....just on various TA sites.

Actually it DOES show on the Celebrity site, just NOT as a TA.  If you cue in April 2019 and Ft Lauderdale it will come up with all cruises leaving from that port.  We're on that cruise and ALL the remaining suite prices dropped like a rock on Monday.  The only ones left now are one S1 and about 4 S2's as of a few minutes ago.    Haven't seen prices like this on a suite on any X TA we've done since Luminae began.

it would also include michael's club so it's effectively a drink package on a TA.....2x15x$59 (classic) is $1770....so this is actually cheaper than booking an outside cabin with a classic drink package.

13 hours ago, ghstudio said:

Last minute bookings sometimes have some bargains.   We like to book early and plan our trip around the cruise, including a TA. You have to book the one way airfare, which can be expensive, as well as a land trip.

Unfortunately, we find Celebrity's overall prices are not as competitive as they once were.  Royal C seems to beat them in 9 of 10 cruises that we compare.

Of course the one way airfare can be a deal killer...actually, that's probably why the cabins are still vacant.  Celebrity seems to have lost their low one way fare contracts with the airlines so a return flight to FLL would be $1800+ economy per person which makes the deal far less of a deal (I didn't try to call to see if they had unlisted fares...they might)

3 hours ago, justcrusn said:

Anyone have a guess as to WHY that one S1 is available?

i’m tempted, we have an S2 in the same location, it seems to have a better view and no poles in the middle of the room. Why is that one s1 open? Is it the worst?

I would bet the person who had it until a week ago moved up to a CS.  

As we're not suite people, I looked up to see what our usual OV would cost--$950 pp.  Darn cheap for a 13-nite cruise!  However, I think they may be having trouble selling it because there are only a few ports:  Bahamas, 1 day at sea, 2 days in Bermuda, 5 days at sea, Lisbon, 2 days at sea, Southampton.  We've done a lot of TAs because they're economical, but we've always had more ports than this one once we got to Europe.  OTOH, if a person really likes days at sea, this is a "steal" <g>.  Our last 17-nite EB TA itinerary out of FLL:  6 days at sea, Horta (Azores), Ponta delgada (Azores), 3 days at sea, Cherbourg (Fr), Zeebrugge (Belg), Amsterdam, day at sea, Copenhagen.

Edited by BarbinMich

We are on this cruise.

We booked our returned flight from LGW (Gatwick London) instead of LHR (Heathrow London) and we are paying $500 for direct flights to YUL Montreal.
LHR was about 50 minutes from our downtown hotel - Flights were very expensive.
From LGW it's about 20 minutes longer drive from our hotel but flights are cheap. 

Unfortunately we are paying about 35% more for our cruise fares because of the currency exchange between USD to CAD, but we still got AQ for $1,100 CAD.  It's a really good deal. We tried suites and this is not for us.  We are perfectly happy with AQ. We will try it again with the retreat which seems appealing to us. 

29 minutes ago, BarbinMich said:

As we're not suite people, I looked up to see what our usual OV would cost--$950 pp.  Darn cheap for a 13-nite cruise!  However, I think they may be having trouble selling it because there are only a few ports:  Bahamas, 1 day at sea, 2 days in Bermuda, 5 days at sea, Lisbon, 2 days at sea, Southampton.  We've done a lot of TAs because they're economical, but we've always had more ports than this one once we got to Europe.  OTOH, if a person really likes days at sea, this is a "steal" <g>.  Our last 17-nite EB TA itinerary out of FLL:  6 days at sea, Horta (Azores), Ponta delgada (Azores), 3 days at sea, Cherbourg (Fr), Zeebrugge (Belg), Amsterdam, day at sea, Copenhagen.

I also think that one of the reason why this TA is not selling well, it's because on their site it's not listed as a TA.  You can't find it when using the search tool and selecting TA. It's been this way for a very long time. 
In order to find it, you need to select the month of April and narrow it down to "silhouette".  Then it comes up. It's really odd.  I even seen this issue for this TA on some travel's agent website. 

10 minutes ago, Alex81 said:

I also think that one of the reason why this TA is not selling well, it's because on their site it's not listed as a TA.  You can't find it when using the search tool and selecting TA. It's been this way for a very long time. 
In order to find it, you need to select the month of April and narrow it down to "silhouette".  Then it comes up. It's really odd.  I even seen this issue for this TA on some travel's agent website. 

I found the cruise by going thru X's search function for TAs.  Did not narrow it down by ship or date.  It was the fourth itinerary listed and is called "Spain and Portugal TA".

WE booked this TA a few months ago as well as three other legs. We’re returning 6/2 and booked a round trip on BA for under $500. We won’t be using the return but it’s a good way to get around the one way fares. Our 2A came down to $1019 and included gratuities at the time. We’re happy 🙂

Harry

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BarbinMich said:

I found the cruise by going thru X's search function for TAs.  Did not narrow it down by ship or date.  It was the fourth itinerary listed and is called "Spain and Portugal TA".

This TA is not stopping in Spain. You must be looking at the 2020 TA. 

Call choice air for costs of one way flights.  Do not go by web prices.  I am on the 4/22 TA to Dublin.  Web prices very high.  Called and flight was less than half of listed cost.  In one instance, the online price was $2000 pp one way.  Paid $275 pp

6 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

Air fare from UK totally killed the deal for me - Celebrity wanted around £5K for 2 pax when I last looked!!!

No longer showing on UK website.

I've found a work around for our trip in April.    By checking other European airports  I was able to pick up a Business Class out of FRA for $1,400 and a flight in coach from LHR to FRA for about $100.    Also if you check other days of the week you may find a good bargin.

46 minutes ago, Alex81 said:

This TA is not stopping in Spain. You must be looking at the 2020 TA. 

You're right. That’s the 2020 sailing. I remember several months ago looking at 2019 Spring Transatlantics and noticed Silhouette wasn’t listed. Can’t believe that’s never been corrected.

We ended up booking Millie’s Transpacific vs a Transatlantic this year. On that sailing, if you’re logged into your booking and try to use “Flights by Celebrity” to book your return airfare out of Vancouver, the system won’t let you book a flight until May 11, even though the cruise ends on May 10. Their system can’t factor crossing the International Date line. The only way to circumvent is to instead go to the old Choice Air website.

Certainly no quality control at work overseeing their IT system! 

15 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've found a work around for our trip in April.    By checking other European airports  I was able to pick up a Business Class out of FRA for $1,400 and a flight in coach from LHR to FRA for about $100.    Also if you check other days of the week you may find a good bargin.

I’ve had similar experiences playing around with Choice Air when flights out of LHR were  expensive. Once we booked a cheap flight from Southampton airport to AMS, then used Choice Air on KLM AMS-SFO in Business. It pays to check a lot of different options. 

Edited by BEAV
  • Like 2

Flights have been all over the place.  I had been looking for weeks and weeks before I finally landed a great deal for my November TA on Reflection.  Since it is also non-refundable, I do not have to pay until final payment of cruise.  Luckily, I have my seat reservations for business class to BCN, along with my flight from FLL to Reno...all under 1,600 pp.  I cannot find anything even close to that now on CA.  My Edge TA in April, also in business was only a little under 1,300 pp.  Yes, it pays to shop around, starting early and snatching a price you feel good about.  With the refundable, if I find a better price, i can change without an issue.  I will say that getting cheaper flights is more work than it used to be, at least that is my experience.

Edited by Lastdance