Vision Class Being Sold?

DDG 41

On 3/25/2019 at 11:04 AM, ShillyShally said:

I know I need to try it myself but from what I've read, even with grains of salt, it seems celebrity is lacking some activities those of us caught between the flowriders and full maturity would still prefer 🙂  I do hope to try X though but probably after reaching diamond for some status match if it helps at all, for now I may just stick to the older Royal ships for my mid-ground 🙂

We are hardly flowrider type cruiser's probably what you consider full maturity and we actually became a bit bored on X (Eclipse) but the itinerary was well worth it.

47 minutes ago, Ashland said:

We are hardly flowrider type cruiser's probably what you consider full maturity and we actually became a bit bored on X (Eclipse) but the itinerary was well worth it.

That's my fear actually too as I've heard that a lot from those that still have many miles left in them 🙂  Even though I didn't choose to do many of the things available on Indy, I was never bored, though that also begs the question, are you more likely to be bored when there is just nothing to do rather than be content when instead you've chosen to do nothing?

59 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

My guess is that money talks. Bermuda was much more restrictive years ago as to what they would let sail in and even the number of passengers that could be landed during the cruise season but that all seems to have fallen by the wayside.  I am sure Grand Cayman sees the pier and larger ships as a nice revenue stream and apparently they even have the cruise lines on board to defray the cost of the pier. They will find some way to deal with the reefs.

Yep, greed is the downfall of many unfortunately!

On 3/26/2019 at 5:25 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Interesting as I hope RCI keeps offering 7 and 8/6 night cruises because I am not getting on a plane for anything less than 7 nights.

We are in the same situation. Flights from Canada are quite expensive, cruising any less than 7 nights makes no sense to me. 

On 3/26/2019 at 3:25 PM, island lady said:

The locals are fighting against it big time.  And there are some very wealthy locals living on that island.  $$$ talks.  😉 

Disney has very deep pockets😉

On 3/24/2019 at 7:15 PM, ShillyShally said:

Agreed, I felt better after Indy that we'd only been gone 6 nights (1 night pre-cruise) +5N - easier on pups, work and wallet 🙂

Many people say they never would take less than a 7 day due to perceived issues with party cruises, lower class passengers, children and value of flights for short trips. This is why!!!  It’s not like most of us prefer shorter vacations. We’ve got other commitments and obligations and have to work within those limits.

4 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

Many people say they never would take less than a 7 day due to perceived issues with party cruises, lower class passengers, children and value of flights for short trips. This is why!!!  It’s not like most of us prefer shorter vacations. We’ve got other commitments and obligations and have to work within those limits.

Absolutely. I can manipulate my work days, and PTO days so that for a 4 night cruise I only have to take 10 hours of PTO. Also, I do not see a difference in passengers on 4 night vs. 7 night. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

LOL, yep, I used to wonder why anyone would take the M-F or as we did the M-Sat cruise and then I was like, "this is great" - we flew down the Sunday ahead and were back home Saturday which felt better for us and worked so much better for travel as son and GF could drive back to school the day after we got home and they didn't have to rush home before the trip once their break started and DH and I loved we were home snuggled with pups on the couch both Saturday nights.  LOL, I just outed my exciting Saturday nights 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

Absolutely. I can manipulate my work days, and PTO days so that for a 4 night cruise I only have to take 10 hours of PTO. Also, I do not see a difference in passengers on 4 night vs. 7 night. 

Yep I really didn't take any more PTO than I usually do and still had days on the front/back end to prepare to travel and prepare to re-enter work mode 🙂  We found the 5 night is our sweet spot but we have loved the Th-M 4 Nights too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShillyShally said:

Yep I really didn't take any more PTO than I usually do and still had days on the front/back end to prepare to travel and prepare to re-enter work mode 🙂  We found the 5 night is our sweet spot but we have loved the Th-M 4 Nights too.

I love 5 night sailings as well. I have to admit though, I think my favorite is the M-F 4 nights. I just wish we could do two nights at Coco, and skip Nassau all together. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

B2B solves that

Funny. I never think to do that. I'd love to check out the newly amped up Mariner but like many others, anything less than a 7 day is not worth  it.

But a B2B2B on a short cruise solves that.....other than the same crappy ports.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

When I worked in Orlando, I would go to lunch on Friday and head to the Monarch. Back at my desk around 8:30 Monday morning. Didnt use any time off.  Had an understanding boss.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

I love 5 night sailings as well. I have to admit though, I think my favorite is the M-F 4 nights. I just wish we could do two nights at Coco, and skip Nassau all together. :classic_biggrin:

I need to try one of the M-F 4 Nights as I expect those are less party like than the weekend ones, and absolutely agree on Coco - and that seems that may be a thing one day!

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

When I worked in Orlando, I would go to lunch on Friday and head to the Monarch. Back at my desk around 8:30 Monday morning. Didnt use any time off.  Had an understanding boss.

Not a bad way to spend a weekend for sure!

4 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Funny. I never think to do that. I'd love to check out the newly amped up Mariner but like many others, anything less than a 7 day is not worth  it.

But a B2B2B on a short cruise solves that.....other than the same crappy ports.

Turnover day kind of sucks. It's fun the first few times though. 

• Like 1