Vision Class Being Sold?

DDG 41

1 minute ago, ShillyShally said:

I need to try one of the M-F 4 Nights as I expect those are less party like than the weekend ones, and absolutely agree on Coco - and that seems that may be a thing one day!

Often cheaper than a three and you get an extra day. 😉

Definitely older crowd, more Top Tier types

6 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Funny. I never think to do that. I'd love to check out the newly amped up Mariner but like many others, anything less than a 7 day is not worth  it.

But a B2B2B on a short cruise solves that.....other than the same crappy ports.

This appeals to me too, as well if you want to sail with friends but not for the whole time, have them book one of the legs and you both lol!  I don't think I'd care as much if the ports were the same, I'd be happy to stay on board and I've always wanted to do a B2B to experience it!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

Not a bad way to spend a weekend for sure!

Laura was back in Atlanta, so I'd pick her up Thursday night, and drop her off on the way to work. She would leave her cruise clothes at my place so she flew with just a purse. Very civilized.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

When I worked in Orlando, I would go to lunch on Friday and head to the Monarch. Back at my desk around 8:30 Monday morning. Didnt use any time off.  Had an understanding boss.

You are my hero! lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

When I worked in Orlando, I would go to lunch on Friday and head to the Monarch. Back at my desk around 8:30 Monday morning. Didnt use any time off.  Had an understanding boss.

I have done this twice as well. I'm salaried, so if the weekend falls in the middle of the two week pay period, I can just make up the time for Friday in the first week, and Monday in the second week. When I took this promotion, part of the deal with my boss was that when I have cruises, I am able to manipulate my schedule. I normally work 2 out of three weekends but that does not apply if I have a cruise. :classic_biggrin:

The benefits of living so close to so many ports. 👍

Edited by Mikew0805
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

I have done this twice as well. I'm salaried, so if the weekend falls in the middle of the two week pay period, I can just make up the time for Friday in the first week, and Monday in the second week. When I took this promotion, part of the deal with my boss was that when I have cruises, I am able to manipulate my schedule. I normally work 2 out of three weekends but that does not apply if I have a cruise. :classic_biggrin:

And why we hope one day to live much closer to ports as well!  

6 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

Many people say they never would take less than a 7 day due to perceived issues with party cruises, lower class passengers, children and value of flights for short trips.

"EDIT: Tried to multi quote and include John but it was not working

"Definitely older crowd, more Top Tier types"

Is it safe to say that a 3/4 night over the weekend favors the young, party crowd while the 4/5 night weekday cruise favors older, upper tier crowd?

I'd figure as long as we are talking about it, I might as well start my research into the possible B2B2B cruise.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

You are my hero too!!!

17 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

This appeals to me too, as well if you want to sail with friends but not for the whole time, have them book one of the legs and you both lol!  I don't think I'd care as much if the ports were the same, I'd be happy to stay on board and I've always wanted to do a B2B to experience it!

Same here. There are plenty of friends (and family) that want to cruise with us but not sure if I can do an entire 7 days with them. B2B short cruises solves that.

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

Same here. There are plenty of friends (and family) that want to cruise with us but not sure if I can do an entire 7 days with them. B2B short cruises solves that.

Ha, yep, and I think they'd need to be the 1st leg so I could essentially have a "redo" without them 🙂 

• Like 1

My wife and I just did our first 4-night on mariner. We needed a quick last minute getaway, and this was the easiest to logistically do with leaving a two y/o with grandparents. We drive to my wife’s parents on Saturday and drop off child and spend the night there, flew to Miami on Sunday and spent the day there, cruise Monday-Friday, spent the rest of Friday in Miami, flew back Friday night and had the whole weekend to pick up daughter and head home to unpack/laundry and whatnot before work on Monday. 

So while we prefer longer cruises, the Monday-Friday cruises are definitely in our back pocket while we have little ones that won’t be cruising with us until they are older. There was definitely a younger crowd on board, but it was also prime spring break time, so there was that too. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nashirak said:

My wife and I just did our first 4-night on mariner. We needed a quick last minute getaway, and this was the easiest to logistically do with leaving a two y/o with grandparents. We drive to my wife’s parents on Saturday and drop off child and spend the night there, flew to Miami on Sunday and spent the day there, cruise Monday-Friday, spent the rest of Friday in Miami, flew back Friday night and had the whole weekend to pick up daughter and head home to unpack/laundry and whatnot before work on Monday. 

That would be the other option for making a short cruise "worth the flight". Flying to Miami/Orlando, take the 4/5 Nighter, along with a 3 night pre- or post-cruise stay.

57 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

Ha, yep, and I think they'd need to be the 1st leg so I could essentially have a "redo" without them 🙂 

Back in the day Laura would do B2B or B3B and I would join first or last leg.  

20 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Back in the day Laura would do B2B or B3B and I would join first or last leg.  

I'd love to do this and have more PTO than DH but I don't see him being as agreeable to me staying on without him or being on before, but I'll start asking!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Did the same when I worked in the wine business.  Many Friday afternoons sitting on deck of the Monarch taking orders over the phone.  In the wine business Monday mornings start out very slow...not too many customers open early.  😉 

Edited by island lady

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

B2B solves that

Maybe ok if you have the same cabin for both legs. Two muster drills doesn't overly excite me and it seems like turn around day sure would not compare to a day at sea or a port of call.

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Maybe ok if you have the same cabin for both legs. Two muster drills doesn't overly excite me and it seems like turn around day sure would not compare to a day at sea or a port of call.

You're right about turnaround day.  Years ago the B2B guests would have the ship to themselves for about 90 minutes on turnaround day.  Lately, we get no time at all.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I do think same cabin would be absolutely key and agree on the muster drill but I could overlook that I think, certainly if I ever get to try one - though maybe I'll make sure to do it in a port to explore since turn around day on board doesn't seem as easy - though you'd certainly get your pick of deck chairs 🙂

53 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You're right about turnaround day.  Years ago the B2B guests would have the ship to themselves for about 90 minutes on turnaround day.  Lately, we get no time at all.

You do get to stay on the ship, right?

19 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

I do think same cabin would be absolutely key and agree on the muster drill but I could overlook that I think, certainly if I ever get to try one - though maybe I'll make sure to do it in a port to explore since turn around day on board doesn't seem as easy - though you'd certainly get your pick of deck chairs 🙂

Same cabin is a must have.  Muster drill is a pain but that's only 30 minutes of the day.

Do you have to get off the ship? I thought they just stuck you in the Schooner Bar for an hour & then you are free to roam around. First in line at the Windjammer!!! lol