Oasis incident at Freeport Shipyard

48 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Well. you get Grease instead of Cats! Glad it worked out for you. I was on Harmony in January. With each new Oasis class they have learned something new from the past ones. 

So sad. 🐱

47 minutes ago, ezelaya said:

I am excited for Grease. My wife is a CATS person but I enjoy Grease. I am also looking forward to SUSHI! Only other ship locally I have been on with sushi was Anthem Of The Seas

Oasis has Sushi. Downside to Harmony is the shows, Solarium pool, and the Beach Pool. 

You du o get Spinning Man

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Oasis has Sushi. Downside to Harmony is the shows, Solarium pool, and the Beach Pool. 

You du o get Spinning Man

We have the kids so Solarium isn't a loss... plus water slides are way cooler. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ezelaya said:

Well, even though all of this happened, we have been able to secure a new cruise on Harmony of the Seas (which looks way more fun than Oasis was, even though I loved Oasis) on June 2nd. Travel agent already booked the suites and once the refund and FCC hits, we will use that. 

All hope is not lost!

In my opinion Harmony is is so much better than oasis! Glad you could find something - enjoy shes beautiful!

Does anyone know if the Oasis of the seas, Royal Carribean will make its voyage to the Mediterrean??  We have a cruise startiing on May 19th, but with the latest news that a crane fell on it Monday, does anyone know if it can be repaired in time or if they will cancel?  We are so excited to go on that ship, just wondering what we will do for an alternative if it doesn't happen.

Just now, fun2cruise123 said:

Does anyone know if the Oasis of the seas, Royal Carribean will make its voyage to the Mediterrean??  We have a cruise startiing on May 19th, but with the latest news that a crane fell on it Monday, does anyone know if it can be repaired in time or if they will cancel?  We are so excited to go on that ship, just wondering what we will do for an alternative if it doesn't happen.

Way to early to answer any of those questions.

1 hour ago, ezelaya said:

I am excited for Grease. My wife is a CATS person but I enjoy Grease. I am also looking forward to SUSHI! Only other ship locally I have been on with sushi was Anthem Of The Seas

I'm glad you were able to find an alternate sailing. Have fun!

I believe that every RCI ship except for Majesty and Empress has Izumi now (I know Oasis does). I think Majesty and Empress have it at dinner in the Windjammer, for a fee.

1 minute ago, critterchick said:

I'm glad you were able to find an alternate sailing. Have fun!

I believe that every RCI ship except for Majesty and Empress has Izumi now (I know Oasis does). I think Majesty and Empress have it at dinner in the Windjammer, for a fee.

Yea I totally forgot that Oasis had Izuma. Oasis has been our annual ship for several years now but now it looks like Harmony will be the new family vacation. 

We went on Enchantment in October for a quick getaway from the kids (haha) and the WindJammer had sushi every night, no extra fee, and it wasn't half bad. 

I searched back a few and didn't find the answer but does anyone know if we will receive something for the OBC we had?  We had $400 OBC.  $100 was from our Royal visa card.  The rest I can't remember, probably for a suite and booking onboard. Probably SOL on the OBC.

Question, can you book a cruise onboard with an FCC?

Edited by torpeedo

14 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

I searched back a few and didn't find the answer but does anyone know if we will receive something for the OBC we had?  We had $400 OBC.  $100 was from our Royal visa card.  The rest I can't remember, probably for a suite and booking onboard. Probably SOL on the OBC.

The $100 from the Royal Visa card I would think you could get back.

If the $300 was from a book on board I would push to get that s well s you never completed the cruise.

If the OBC was from a promotion then you won’t get that back.

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The $100 from the Royal Visa card I would think you could get back.

If the $300 was from a book on board I would push to get that s well s you never completed the cruise.

If the OBC was from a promotion then you won’t get that back.

I would think they would send the $100 back to the Visa card.  I had a call this morning from Royal to explain everything but I was out shopping.  They said they would call back so I'll ask them about all of this.  Thanks!

21 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

You need to use a credit card for the deposit, but you can use the FCC to pay down the cruise fare.

Another Finnish update.

https://www.is.fi/ulkomaat/art-2000006058074.html?ref=rss

The evacuation appears to have taken 20-30 minutes and whilst on the ship some felt it might tip over. View was that they think the dock has split (we have all hypothesised the same). Seems it was quite a scary time leaving as the earlier video showed. 

Maybe in the future they will review if 2000+ crew should be onboard as well as the contractors whilst in a wet dock in future, who knows. 

2 minutes ago, scooby1 said:

Another Finnish update.

The evacuation appears to have taken 20-30 minutes and whilst on the ship some felt it might tip over. View was that they think the dock has split (we have all hypothesised the same). Seems it was quite a scary time leaving as the earlier video showed. 

Maybe in the future they will review if 2000+ crew should be onboard as well as the contractors whilst in a wet dock in future, who knows. 

Um...this article is not in English....so please explain more...did Oasis leave for Spain?

3 minutes ago, ptf2009 said:

Um...this article is not in English....so please explain more...did Oasis leave for Spain?

I get that - you can use a translator like I did, I can't read or speak Finnish either, just giving people the salient points. 

20 minutes ago, scooby1 said:

Another Finnish update.

Few more words. So the article says bit more. I'll try to translate. 

There was some Finnish guy as a subcontractor in the ship. They did have subcontractor meeting. This guy had meeting concerning the fall's refub. As the accident happened the evacuation did take approx. 20-30min. They had only one gangway in use in deck 2 as the other were broken. What comes to ships tilting this Finnish guy did make estimation that ship could have fell a side. And this guy did mention ships damage as like this ships side did have some damage, but not anything broke trough. Did not say anything about azipods.

Edit 1. And he also mentions they apparently have plan to get Oasis in the Spain to repair dock, as we already did know.

Edit 2. And what comes splitting the dock. He doesn't say anything of that kind. He just says the dock probably did broke. 

Edited by Fin Cruiser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, scooby1 said:

Another Finnish update.

Makes me wonder if the added weight from the crew could have contributed? I mean, when you look at the science behind the dock and cofferdams, and all the work and research RCI put into all of this, they had figured out a way to do it safely with the size and weight of Oasis in general (and the Oasis class) but I don't know if all that research also took into consideration weight of the crew. I mean just a rough guess but that is like an additional 300,000 pounds. 

10 minutes ago, Fin Cruiser said:

Few more words. So the article says bit more. I'll try to translate. 

There was some Finnish guy as a subcontractor in the ship. They did have subcontractor meeting. This guy had meeting concerning the fall's refub. As the accident happened the evacuation did take approx. 20-30min. They had only one gangway in use in deck 2 as the other were broken. What comes to ships tilting this Finnish guy did make estimation that ship could have fell a side. And this guy did mention ships damage as like this ships side did have some damage, but not anything broke trough. Did not say anything about azipods.

Edit 1. And he also mentions they apparently have plan to get Oasis in the Spain to repair dock, as we already did know.

Edit 2. And what comes splitting the dock. He doesn't say anything of that kind. He just says the dock probably did broke. 

Thank-you for the translation.🙂