Daily "newspapers" & puzzles?

Jayandar

If you go down after 9:30-10am, they can be gone.  We went to the ilounge and printed our own NYT and wash post crosswords (does use your internet pkg).

Asked for Newspaper and Sudoku on Millenium last month. We were told they had stopped printing them to save paper and the planet unless by request. We were disappointed as always enjoyed these. He did print them off for us that day maybe because I passed the comment ‘ thank goodness we won’t be getting all those silly adverts in the suite then for the same reason’ 😉😉

• Like 3

On our upcoming cruise I will gather up all these flyers and place them in a bag. Then I will go to Guest Services and ask them why no crosswords and news summaries. When they give me the stock answer "conservation" I will hand them the bag.

Edited by bkbarrym
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bkbarrym said:

On our upcoming cruise I will gather up all these flyers and place them in a bag. Then I will go to Guest Services and ask them why no crosswords and news summaries. When they give me the stock answer "conservation" I will hand them the bag.

Hey, what cruise are you on?  I would love to be behind you to clap when you present the bag full of useless adverts!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bkbarrym said:

Passengers have been complaining about all those flyers for years.

The standard response from Guest Relations (or any other Celebrity staff member)  is to sympathize, express agreement with you and politely inform you that Celebrity has nothing to do with them as they come from the shops, or art auction, or spa or whatever commercial company is leasing space on the ship.

Celebrity has its own news channel on the tv in the stateroom.  However, the news was the same each day of our cruise.  However, there were daily crossword puzzles available at Guest Relations.

14 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Hey, what cruise are you on?  I would love to be behind you to clap when you present the bag full of useless adverts!

Everyone on the cruise should save all the papers left in cabin and on last night bring it to atrium and put in a pile, take a pic and have it go viral. (or turn it into a ticker tape type event with paper raining down into the atrium)

On 4/9/2019 at 3:39 PM, Ayton lady said:

Asked for Newspaper and Sudoku on Millenium last month. We were told they had stopped printing them to save paper and the planet unless by request. We were disappointed as always enjoyed these. He did print them off for us that day maybe because I passed the comment ‘ thank goodness we won’t be getting all those silly adverts in the suite then for the same reason’ 😉😉

Now that was thinking on your feet...good for you🤗

On 4/9/2019 at 4:26 PM, bkbarrym said:

Great idea🤗 we should all do it ....

On 4/9/2019 at 3:26 PM, bkbarrym said:

Then you will most likely receive the stock answer that those are not their flyers and if you object to them,  you need to take your objections up with the companies that provide them.

The more cruises we take, the better we become at doing those puzzles

(because they keep repeating the same ones over and over again). 😁

Edited by fleckle

bkbarrym wrote "On our upcoming cruise I will gather up all these flyers and place them in a bag. Then I will go to Guest Services and ask them why no crosswords'

But there are crosswords, (and sudoko, too) so you will be wasting your energy.  If they are out of the daily crossword, they will print you one.  

On 4/10/2019 at 7:35 AM, dodger1964 said:

Everyone on the cruise should save all the papers left in cabin and on last night bring it to atrium and put in a pile, take a pic and have it go viral. (or turn it into a ticker tape type event with paper raining down into the atrium)

As long as nobody gets the idea to start a bonfire on the pile. That would be bad. Very bad.