Tuscan Grille or Murano on Equinox

dayatsea

We will be on board the Equinox sailing April 27th and debating whether to make a reso for the Murano or Tuscan Grille and would like to hear from others who have experienced either or both. Many thanks.

Both are good in their own way. I would suggest going to one on the first night, when the prices are reduced, and the other later in the cruise.

If I had to choose just one, I would probably pick Murano (as a lobster lover - and the lamb is to die for!).

We love the service and food in Murano.  It makes for a special night.  As for Tuscan Grill, we don't care for the changes in the menu and not worth the up-charge.  Even a discount did not entice us to return.  

Two different animals.

Tuscan is a steakhouse with pasta dishes and steak, with an additional upcharge for the bigger, ?better steaks.

Murano is a "French" somewhat old fashioned cuisine place with an emphasis on dishes requiring table side service.

The pasta in Tuscan is quite good, portions are large (some of the dishes are so rich that a little goes a long way, too), view is great. The choices are limited, but overall, if your group is more meat and potatoes, this would be the better choice of restaurant.

Murano - portions are smaller, but you won't go away hungry, food is "fancier", service is more like what the MDR service used to be in the old days, overall more polished. No view, but a lovely dining space with plenty of separation beween tables - nice for conversation - although Tuscan also has better spacing and quiet than the regular dining rooms.

Both have some wines available that are harder to find in other dining areas. Tuscan has an understandable Italian bent, Murano more eclectic wine list, not as "French" as Tuscan is "Italian" if that makes sense.

Service was slow in Tuscan when we ate there, but that might have been situational. we didn't have anywhere to be, so we didn't mind, but it would have been unacceptable if we were trying to finish our meal to get somewhere. Murano has sat us at what I would call the "worst" table ever time we have eaten there (on different ships). If we ever eat there again, I'm going to ask for a more specific table.

My take home advice is look over the menus carefully and decide what makes a better special night for you/your group. I think most people default to Murano (I would as well), but Tuscan has some advantages too.

Just do both!

Murano’s is more of a special occasion meal with tableside preparation and a leisurely pace of service. Best experienced on a day when you have either been at sea or have had a relaxing tour....

Tuscan is our venue first night every cruise....There is something so magical in enjoying the wake views as you start your vacation....

We visit both every cruise, hope you enjoy!

I agree with others who say do both - historically speaking I am a pasta / steak loving kind of girl - yet my vote would be Murano if you only do one.  I was nervous going there the 1st night but absolutely loved it!  

We find Tuscan too inconsistent.  We will usually do Murano 2:1, if we are doing specialties, AND if we are getting discounts.  We do not pay full upcharge (other than 1st cruise, because we did not know any better).

On M class, there is obviously not that choice, which does not apply for the OP's cruise.

On Equinox and did Murano last night. Very disapointed, service lacking, and have had better food elsewhere . Did get invited back for lunch today ( for free) much better service and food.  Did Tuscan first night and had good service and food. 

7 hours ago, dayatsea said:

We will be on board the Equinox sailing April 27th and debating whether to make a reso for the Murano or Tuscan Grille and would like to hear from others who have experienced either or both. Many thanks.

We were on the Equinox 4 weeks ago and had 3 dinners in Murano and 2 in Tuscan.  As you can see from previous responses, you will not get a clear direction as each has it's own attributes and everyone's tastes will vary.  From our experience I will say what others have also, Tuscan for pasta and steak, Murano for more elegance and French influence.  

I also believe a food experience is influenced by not only taste, but presentation and atmosphere so your expectations of those things will play a role in your overall experience.  My wife enjoys windows and light so Tuscan at the time we sail out of port is the best dinner she'll ever have.  For me, a bottle of wine, tableside presentation in a darker setting with every detail taken care of sets the tone for a very memorable evening which is what we get at Murano.  For both of us, there was more than just one thing on the menu in each dining room that we wanted to try so we decided long before boarding to purchase a 5 night package and have something different each night.  Was every dish worthy of an upcharge?  No, but was it something we regretted paying extra for? No, but will we do it again?  Without a doubt!

Try to do both if you can.  Make a first night discounted reservation pre cruise, then when you're onboard ask one of the many wait staff selling dining packages for a discount for the other.  Whatever you choose, go with an open mind, limit your expectations beforehand and enjoy yourself!

Dined 2x in Murano on our last cruise (Silhouette).  We just loved the experience the first night on board that we booked it for our last night on board as a "parting" experience.  It did not disappoint.  We go the same wait staff the second night, which is exactly what we asked for...did not disappoint.  We did not try Tuscan Grill.  However, on our upcoming Mediterranean cruise on the Connie, we will probably try Tuscan Grill.

I don't care what ship in Celebrity fleet, but when both Murano and Tuscan are available the choice is always Murano. It's far and away a more elegant, delicious, special dining experience and Tuscan is a poor relation by comparison.