Did Sorrento's Pizza get an upgrade

5 hours ago, dodgestang said:

We liked the pizza on Anthem a couple weeks ago

IMG_1166.JPG

Sorry for hijacking this thread.  @dodgestang I see that you were Star Class here on Anthem.  Did you do a review of your experience by any chance?  The pizza on HOTS in August 2018 was not good, DD liked it though.

5 minutes ago, Allura_317 said:

Sorry for hijacking this thread.  @dodgestang I see that you were Star Class here on Anthem.  Did you do a review of your experience by any chance? 

Not really.  The wife already said I talk about it too much so I decide writing up a review would be the nail in my coffin 😉

Totally different pizza compared to what they used to serve. 

I noticed on Symphony in March that they had a lot more options than they used to have -- prior cruises it seemed like "cheese only" and "pepperoni and cheese" were the only thing offered.  Now they also had a "deluxe" that had veggies on it plus meat, and I think a Gluten Free option.  They now have garlic or ranch dipping sauce, too.

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

Totally different pizza compared to what they used to serve. 

I noticed on Symphony in March that they had a lot more options than they used to have -- prior cruises it seemed like "cheese only" and "pepperoni and cheese" were the only thing offered.  Now they also had a "deluxe" that had veggies on it plus meat, and I think a Gluten Free option.  They now have garlic or ranch dipping sauce, too.

They will make you an entire pie, any way you like.

On the Allure in April 2019 my 8 yo said that Sorento's pizza was the best he's ever had. :) I thought it was good (I had a bite), but I had no desire to gorge on a pizza. The anti pasti choices that day were ok. Some were very good, some - not to my taste.

Two every day choices - cheese and pepperoni, and the third choice changed every day. One day it was Hawaiian, and the other day we checked it was some posh pizza with feta cheese and something else. I hate feta cheese, so I didn't explore the toppings past that.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

17 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Yep do it all the time as I'm low carb.

Same here 🙂  my local pizza joint makes a "doughless slice" for me, light on the sauce 🙂   Very good!  Pepperoni and sliced meatball is generally my go to.

56887176_10213695070186665_1559913971375407104_o.jpg

Edited by ryano

1 hour ago, ryano said:

Same here 🙂  my local pizza joint makes a "doughless slice" for me, light on the sauce 🙂   Very good!  Pepperoni and sliced meatball is generally my go to.

56887176_10213695070186665_1559913971375407104_o.jpg

That looks awesome!