Did Sorrento's Pizza get an upgrade

Good Morning,

Lately I have been very pleased to read a number of reviews which says Sorrento's pizza was good, some even say very good.  The last time a cruised was June 2018 and the pizza, at best, tasted just as good as the frozen pizza I could get at the local grocery store.  Does anyone know if they revamped the pizza?  It would be great if they did:-)

Is there anywhere or anyway to check ingredient listings on the pizza?  Does RCL have a link or anything?  Just looking to see if the pizza sauce has tomato seeds in it.  I highly doubt it would, but when I was last on an RCL ship I talked to a staff member in Sorrentos and they did not know the answer.

29 minutes ago, fscool said:

Is there anywhere or anyway to check ingredient listings on the pizza?  Does RCL have a link or anything?  Just looking to see if the pizza sauce has tomato seeds in it.  I highly doubt it would, but when I was last on an RCL ship I talked to a staff member in Sorrentos and they did not know the answer.

Never seen that info published. 

We had many slices on Symphony last week - it was really good...I actually like it when the put a little more char (not in a bad way) on the crust and this was  perfect. Very convenient that it is right across from Copper and Kettle - go into C&K order a drink while waiting for said drink go over and grab a  few slices from Sorrento's - then camp out for an hour or so and people watch on the Promenade...

• Like 1

I totally agree that the pizza is better than expected after reading on CC that it tasted like cardboard etc.  It seemed to be universally panned as terrible to mediocre at best a couple of years ago. I thought the pizza on Symphony was very good - enough for many repeat trips! I am happy to hear this may be a fleet wide upgrade. 

Was on FOS 2017 and the pizza was horribly bad, not even drunk pizza worthy.

HotS ..2018.. fantastic!  Was a bummer you could not get a custom pizza, but i could see why.   The wait times would be huge! 

11 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

On the Harmony, it was just pizza. Not “bad”, but not distinguishing. The two times we stopped there, there was a long line of people waiting for the pizza to be cooked. The anti pasta was not good. 

Any photos haha

I remembered Sorrentos as being universally terrible, back when we used to cruise RC regularly. However, on our recently family cruise on Indy, the pizza was outstanding -- we went there twice, for lunch. The pizza was always hot and fresh -- and the manager was always walking around, wiping down tables and making sure that everything was well-stocked.

I haven't sailed since 2012 and the pizza was pretty good then. Excited knowing the formula was changed and it tastes even better, that is going to be our late night snack hangout before bed!

• Like 1

I was on the Symphony in March and the pizza was fabulous.  There were only two of us, but if I were there with a larger crowd I would have seen if I could have requested whole pizzas for a group with the ingredients we like best.

Pizza in Symphony was excellent last week. I’m almost embarrassed at how much of it we ate! I found the vegetarian particularly good. It does tend to slide off the little plates though, so you have to be a bit careful when carrying it to a table.

It's been getting better and better. Kudos to RCI, for that. On Oasis, several years ago, it was embarrassing, basically a cracker with tomato sauce. Improved on allure, but still not good. On Harmony, much better. Dare I say it was good on Navigator? Just off Adventure a couple of weeks ago and the pizza was actually quite good.