Harmony Boardwalk Ocean View Balcony.

50 minutes ago, Artemus said:

Thank you. That is what I was thinking and hoping. When I come out of my door, there will be just a wall and minimal noise especially with a retail shop on the other side.

We just sailed Harmony in 6676 which is closer to the elevators.  We did not have issues with noise from the elevator area or stairs but there is a closet used by the photographers immediately on the right as you enter that corridor.  They drag all sorts of equipment back and forth from that closet.  The poles that hold up the backgrounds are stored in there and some of the guys bringing stuff back just crashed against the walls.  There was only one night that it was after 11:30pm when they were putting stuff back.  Never heard anything in that corridor that would have been attributed to any of the restaurants or retail behind the wall.  We did have lots of loud family groups running up and down the corridor and people on either side of us travelling together that yelled across our balcony but that was cruise specific.  We have sailed on deck 6 port side on Oasis and Allure and have loved the location.  You should be far enough down the corridor that the photographer closet shouldn't be an issue.

1 hour ago, jdg623 said:

So sorry, but this is absolutely not true, at least on Oasis and Allure until they add the Abyss.  This photo was taken on the Allure, we were in cabin 11329, our favorite. We've sailed in cabins as far back as --315 and still had a gorgeous view of the ocean. We could also watch the fun on the Boardwalk and the Aqua shows from our balcony. The noise and purported lack of privacy were inconsequential. 

Allure May 2017.JPG

They are on Harmony which does have the Abyss. 1139 and 1137 on Harmony are obstructed view cabins. Oasis and Allure will get the same designation after their refurbs. Anyway, the OP is now aware they do not have a boardwalk cabin. happy cruising

6 minutes ago, Artemus said:

Thank you. Can you go down the corridor to the aft and see the aqua theater

No, not as far as I know.  You can do that on deck 7.  There is a public balcony overlooking the aqua theater on either side of deck 7 and a doorway that leads to the stateroom corridor.  It was great when we stayed on deck 7 as we would go out that way instead of getting in the crowd after a show.

7 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

They are on Harmony which does have the Abyss. 1139 and 1137 on Harmony are obstructed view cabins. Oasis and Allure will get the same designation after their refurbs. Anyway, the OP is now aware they do not have a boardwalk cabin. happy cruising

Haha, I was already aware I didn’t have a boardwalk cabin. Happy cruising...

4 hours ago, Artemus said:

I will be sure to keep the door locked.

You don't have any control...the door will be locked as will the door on the other side of it. It is only ever unlocked if you are cruising with the person in that connecting cabin and you ask your cabin steward to unlock it. These doors are just like in some hotel rooms.

8 hours ago, Artemus said:

Anyone ever had one ? I’m just wondering if there are any negatives. It’s on the ocean side opposite the retail space between Johnny Rocket’s and the hot doghouse. I

We were on the Allure last year with a boardwalk balcony. We were on deck 12- 307 and 295.  I wanted to try it at least once.  My daughter and her kids loved it. they could see the aqua show from the room and my grandson watched it every time they had a show. We are on harmony this summer and they have booked another boardwalk room.  I went with an ocean view though. 

8 hours ago, Artemus said:

Anyone ever had one ? I’m just wondering if there are any negatives. It’s on the ocean side opposite the retail space between Johnny Rocket’s and the hot doghouse. I

We were on the Allure last year with a boardwalk balcony. We were on deck 12- 307 and 295.  I wanted to try it at least once.  My daughter and her kids loved it. they could see the aqua show from the room and my grandson watched it every time they had a show. We are on harmony this summer and they have booked another boardwalk room.  I went with an ocean view though. 

4 hours ago, jdg623 said:

So sorry, but this is absolutely not true, at least on Oasis and Allure until they add the Abyss.  This photo was taken on the Allure, we were in cabin 11329, our favorite. We've sailed in cabins as far back as --315 and still had a gorgeous view of the ocean. We could also watch the fun on the Boardwalk and the Aqua shows from our balcony. The noise and purported lack of privacy were inconsequential. 

Allure May 2017.JPG

We were on the Allure in 9327 and LOVED it.  When the balcony door is closed, didn't hear much noise at all.  

18 hours ago, Artemus said:

The Boardwalk is very noisy day and night.  The merry go round and the crowds would drive me nuts.  I strongly urge you to reconsider a Central Park view- not on the deck below the pool.  It is quiet and very peaceful.  Have had both deck 9- no balcony, but a nice picture window with a window bench and deck 10 with a balcony.  Both very comfortable and relatively quiet-  also cost effective.  However, since you are facing an area of the ship that cannot see the water- it might be weird to some. The ship is so smooth- you don't know if land is near.  

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

The Boardwalk is very noisy day and night.  The merry go round and the crowds would drive me nuts.  I strongly urge you to reconsider a Central Park view- not on the deck below the pool.  It is quiet and very peaceful.  Have had both deck 9- no balcony, but a nice picture window with a window bench and deck 10 with a balcony.  Both very comfortable and relatively quiet-  also cost effective.  However, since you are facing an area of the ship that cannot see the water- it might be weird to some. The ship is so smooth- you don't know if land is near.  

The OP mis-titled their thread.... they don't actually have a "Boardwalk" room at all -- they have an ocean balcony room on the same deck as Boardwalk.  Totally different things.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Artemus said:

My original post states “It’s on the ocean side“ just sayin

Yes, but your TITLE says "Harmony Boardwalk Ocean View Balcony" -- but it's not a Boardwalk room at all, so the person I was replying to was giving advice that didn't apply to you at all.  

Maybe ask a mod to change your title to reflect that it's simply an Ocean View Balcony on Deck Six?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We just sailed Harmony in 6676 which is closer to the elevators.  

In December 2018, we had the cabin next door to yours... 6674.  Loved the location, and heard absolutely nothing the entire time I was on the ship.  Also liked being on the same deck as Starbucks and the hot dog stand, LOL 😂

(Sorry OP, that had nothing to do with your original post...)

3 minutes ago, cjdixon4 said:

In December 2018, we had the cabin next door to yours... 6674.  Loved the location, and heard absolutely nothing the entire time I was on the ship.  Also liked being on the same deck as Starbucks and the hot dog stand, LOL 😂

We like being close to Johnny Rockets for breakfast and cafe promenade for my morning mocha 😄 We have sailed Oasis and Allure on deck 6 too and would book it again, just hopefully not with the crazy, loud families that were on this sailing!😁

16 hours ago, MightyMike said:

Can you post your reference for this statement?

No reason to think Abyss will not be added during the refurb. The big purple tube runs right down the aft cabins blocking the view.  If you are in one of the Aqua suites you are ok.  Just a guess, but would not book those cabins guessing it will not be there. 

1 hour ago, cjdixon4 said:

Thank you.

Also, thank you to everyone who posted helpful posts. Also, I’m sorry I’m not perfect.

Edited by Artemus

7 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

So, the only negative thing I can think of, is the connecting cabins.  We have had this before, and had lots of noise from our neighbors!

What would a connecting room have to do with noise? If anything I think I would avoid staying in a room beside two connecting rooms.