Diamond Plus Gift/Amenities

2 hours ago, frank808 said:

Thanks.  The meal with an officer would be interesting.   Looking at being able to get another bottle of wine and new list of gifts.  Has anyone gotten the canvas tote bags recently?  Wife wonders if those are decently made and strong enough to carry more than towels.   The wine that most interests me is the Caymus Conundrum at 525. Will have to cruise another 1.5-2 yrs to get that level.  

I have one of the older, larger canvas tote bags that I use (abuse) all the time.  Several months ago, we were talking to the LA and I asked if I could see the current tote bag offered as a choice.  The current bag on the list is much smaller and not nearly as well made as the one I have.  It would probably still carry a decent amount of stuff but would not endure my overstuffing.

1 hour ago, Hogbay said:

Can anyone explain a meal with an officer, do they pay for chops ,always seem to be there, or is winjammers more there style . we are 341 an on Radiance Hawaii to Sydney thanks 😋🥓🥩🍺

I think it depends on the HD, ship, and number of upper tier C&A on the sailing.  We've had both lunch and dinner, sometimes in the MDR and sometimes in Specialty.  Once, it was even a fancy breakfast in the MDR with a fancy menu!  It's always interesting and there is usually wine involved!  😍🍷

29 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

I thought that was funny too!  On the SR TA, I tried all three of the reds listed on the 525 list.  All were decent and better than the lesser alternatives.  I did like one better than the other two, but now I can't remember which one it was!  Plan to get all three again on our next cruise and write down my favorite this time!  😀

I think that the best red on the list is the Jean Luc Colombo Cotes du Rhone Rouge.  Second best is the Estancia Pinot Noir.

26 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

I have one of the older, larger canvas tote bags that I use (abuse) all the time.  Several months ago, we were talking to the LA and I asked if I could see the current tote bag offered as a choice.  The current bag on the list is much smaller and not nearly as well made as the one I have.  It would probably still carry a decent amount of stuff but would not endure my overstuffing.

I like the really old ones that zippered shut.  🙂

1 hour ago, Hogbay said:

Can anyone explain a meal with an officer, do they pay for chops ,always seem to be there, or is winjammers more there style . we are 341 an on Radiance Hawaii to Sydney thanks 😋🥓🥩🍺

And all of the years that I’ve had the C&A 340 and up meal with officers,  it has always been a breakfast or lunch. For years the Freedom held a very lovely breakfast meal. On Oasis we had a lunch in the main dining room and included a very nice menu. We’ve also had some lunches that were the standard main dining room lunch menu. The only difference was that our lunch included some wine  and of course some kind of staff and each table.   

Enjoy

m

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Congrats when you do!  🙂   Will come sooner than you think.  

No, have not seen the canvas bags....I catch grief from Bucky over all the bags I already have now.  😮  Just a bag lady Royal DS.  😄 

Thanks again and I agree that the next level arrives quickly. On our first cruise on Freedom 5 years ago out of Port Canaveral we thought it will take us a lifetime to get to D! Seems like it has only been a year since then.

Time sure flies by so fast. It has been a very fun experience meeting people from all walks of life. The best part is going on another cruise with our many cruising friends we have met in this wonderful journey. Cruise critic has helped in so many ways and look forward to meeting all those on here on a future cruise. Some say how can you cruise Royal so many times? My response is that we enjoy their product and price point. We have cruised with another line and like their product and price point. But we still come back to Royal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Got this not long ago.  It zips up

Tote.jpg

Yup I have a number of those now.  I saw some new ones with turtles on them so going to see if we can get those.  But I am good with these, they are perfect for carrying the stuff on the ship I don't want to pack - money, jewelry, etc.

2 hours ago, pstone1 said:

I thought that was funny too!  On the SR TA, I tried all three of the reds listed on the 525 list.  All were decent and better than the lesser alternatives.  I did like one better than the other two, but now I can't remember which one it was!  Plan to get all three again on our next cruise and write down my favorite this time!  😀

I liked the Estancia Pinot Noir

31 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

This is the bag I am talking about!  As you can see, it is well-used!

Those were the best.  Very durable, we've still got a bunch.

17 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Most of our "meal with an officer" events were held in a corner or different floor of the MDR.  Once it was in Giovanni's.  Have never had it in the WJ.  

Enjoy your cruise!  We are doing opposite direction, Sydney to Hawaii...with 3 B2Bs out of Sydney before that on Serenade.  

14 hours ago, pstone1 said:

This is the bag I am talking about!  As you can see, it is well-used!

IMG_0091.thumb.JPG.27e2b57134ac1ea6057b01380c9c584e.JPG

That was also the bag used for the old diamonds in December events. I’ve given some away, and kept some. When one gets worn out I just pull out the next one.  It is incredibly sturdy, plastic lined and has a zipper in a pocket inside. Great bag. 

I have 2 of the blue ones but prefer the larger bag as I use the bag for my carry on as well as our beach bag. 

M

16 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

And all of the years that I’ve had the C&A 340 and up meal with officers,  it has always been a breakfast or lunch. For years the Freedom held a very lovely breakfast meal. On Oasis we had a lunch in the main dining room and included a very nice menu. We’ve also had some lunches that were the standard main dining room lunch menu. The only difference was that our lunch included some wine  and of course some kind of staff and each table.   

Enjoy

m

Agree...same set up we had.  Have always had wine (choice one red/one white) with the lunch.  Have not been to a "meal with an officer" breakfast that I remember, but I do remember those really nice (and very fancy) breakfasts that was available to Diamonds on Freedom some years ago.  🙂 

15 hours ago, frank808 said:

Thanks again and I agree that the next level arrives quickly. On our first cruise on Freedom 5 years ago out of Port Canaveral we thought it will take us a lifetime to get to D! Seems like it has only been a year since then.

Time sure flies by so fast. It has been a very fun experience meeting people from all walks of life. The best part is going on another cruise with our many cruising friends we have met in this wonderful journey. Cruise critic has helped in so many ways and look forward to meeting all those on here on a future cruise. Some say how can you cruise Royal so many times? My response is that we enjoy their product and price point. We have cruised with another line and like their product and price point. But we still come back to Royal.

Totally agree with everything you said!  Well very put, my Royal DS friend! 🤗  🙂

Also agree, we thought we would just never make it to D+, and now we are looking at turning Pinnie with the cruises we currently have booked for next year.  Go figure!  😮 

2 minutes ago, cello56 said:

We are going to hit 340 on the first leg of a back to back. If we speak to the LA do  you think they will let us change from a towel to the tote bags for the second leg?

Possible, won't hurt to ask.

1 minute ago, island lady said:

I like the first bottle, then they switched to a new vintage year...eh...not as good IMHO...back to the Ravenswood Zin.  

Interesting.  I think I had it on the cruise we sailed together.  They gave us a lot. 🍷🍷

3 minutes ago, cello56 said:

We are going to hit 340 on the first leg of a back to back. If we speak to the LA do  you think they will let us change from a towel to the tote bags for the second leg?

I don't see why not...we changed wine choices...new wine choice was promptly delivered to our cabin.  Even if you get the towel, just bring it to the LA for exchange...I am guessing they can do that.  Worth a try!  🙂 

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Got one of those as a door prize at a CC meet and mingle years ago!  🙂 

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

That was also the bag used for the old diamonds in December events. I’ve given some away, and kept some. When one gets worn out I just pull out the next one.  It is incredibly sturdy, plastic lined and has a zipper in a pocket inside. Great bag. 

I have 2 of the blue ones but prefer the larger bag as I use the bag for my carry on as well as our beach bag. 

M

I am now down to this one and only one spare!  I was hoping the new bag they offer was comparable so I could get a few more back-ups.  I have been a lot kinder to the one I have been using since I learned there are no more  🙁 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Most of our "meal with an officer" events were held in a corner or different floor of the MDR.  Once it was in Giovanni's.  Have never had it in the WJ.  

Enjoy your cruise!  We are doing opposite direction, Sydney to Hawaii...with 3 B2Bs out of Sydney before that on Serenade.  

We will be sailing with you on your B3B cruises!  We are booked on the SR from the Tasmania cruise in Feb through the TP to Honolulu in April.  It will be our grand retirement expedition!  😀 

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Ihave a specific learning disability, so its that giovannis menue i hate not the food , the thought of having a officer there and been cought up on a menu is my pannic attack 🙂

Enjoy your cruse too , We like to get that flight over with and cruse back home , would like to b2b all  the way home from Alaska 🙂 one day