Azamara rebrands and Ventures Beyond the Sea

Riocca

Just looked at the U.K. site and there appears to be a new logo and type face at the top of the page:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/

There are some changes to the layout of the search boxes as well, some pages have the familiar logo at the top but most have the new one. Also noticed that “Club Cruises” has been dropped.

By the way I quite like it, it’s a bit fresher than the old one.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

Same on US website now.  Mixed feeling about it:  new logo is fresher but the old one with the globe subtly emphasized destination while the new one is just waves.  But marketing always want a fresh look from time to time!

When we began sailing with Azamara in 2008, there was a different logo (we still have some tee shirts and caps to remind us) and no "Club". I guess everything old is new again.

I wonder if the word "club" is going to be removed from the cabin descriptions as well.

• Like 1

So back to the old name, thats better 

New logo - wonder what drove that and the benefits it will bring - and how much that is going to cost onboard to change all the branded items, not least the big illumination on Deck 10 or will we have mixed branding for a few years  

• Like 1

A bit retro in the name.  If you started cruising in the early days of Azamara, it was Azamara Cruises. The Club was added a few years later. When they changed the logo, they gave away stuff that had the old logo.  Still using that stuff.  Azamara keeps changing. Destination immersion for me has always meant fly in and stay in one place for several days, not just overnight. I often pick a cruise that either embarks or disembarks from a port that is near a place that I want to spend time exploring.  There are other cruise lines that have land trips that coordinate with cruises. They work well for people who are visiting a new place and want a tour The big change is booking Azamara land without booking a cruise. 

I am really excited to share that today Azamara begins a new chapter, unveiling the largest selection of pre-voyage and post-voyage land programs in the cruise industry. With our new land programs, comes a new name, and a new look. Azamara Club Cruises® evolves to simply Azamara®.

Learn more about today's big announcement: https://*****/2KiUWXk

Some of you have noted our new logo launched today. Here's a bit of information on that...

"Due to the shift in our brand’s focus on Destination Immersion® experiences, Azamara Club
Cruises will now become Azamara® removing “Club Cruises” from its name and debuting a
revitalized logo. The new name and logo reflect a redefined dedication to the Destination
Immersion brand and deepen the brand’s renewed focus on cruising and immersive inland
experiences.

Azamara has collaborated with some of the world’s most renowned luxury travel companies,
including Cox and Kings, which will operate over 75 percent of the land programming. Other
renowned luxury travel companies include: Micato, PerryGolf™, Aloschi Bros®, COLTUR Peru,
Furlong, amongst others.

We are excited to be enhancing our multi-day and/or multi-night land excursions giving guests
the opportunity to disembark for a few days to explore destinations before they rejoin the ship
and continue their cruise itinerary."

• Thanks 1

On  facebook too- I read the wave goes one way and the earth the other.  Not seeing it but i like the star and the drop of Club. I started with Azamara and have the plain tote to prove it. I love the new look.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sujormik said:

Two lines, one to represent land, other sea.  They’re going deep into land tours. Club connoted “discount” in some countries,

Yes, in Bonnie's thread, the focus is on combining with luxury tour companies and these add ons or tours will probably be very expensive and more geared to the luxury traveler.  

Edited by hubofhockey
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, hubofhockey said:

Yes, in Bonnie's thread, the focus is on combining with luxury tour companies and these add ons or tours will probably be very expensive and more geared to the luxury traveler.  

That’s the take I got on it too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Redtravel said:

The big change is booking Azamara land without booking a cruise. 

Not so. My understanding is that these new add-on programs will only be bookable with a cruise.

They’ll also be increasing their extended shore excursions offerings too, as well as the pre-/post-cruise programs.

10 minutes ago, Lottie A said:

It is also very easy to book these "luxury hotels and tours" yourself and save oodles of cash on the Azamara prices! 

Absolutely!

However, this may make the scheduling of certain tours more seamless, and these will likely be offered as an ‘exclusivity’.

I’m not in the target market for this, but I can see the potential for it - as many travellers want more ‘experiences’ and retiring/retired boomers have more time & disposable income, i.e. SKI money 😉

Btw, I like the new logo, name, and new slogan that goes with the new program too.

Edited by snowglobe
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, uktog said:

So back to the old name, thats better 

New logo - wonder what drove that and the benefits it will bring - and how much that is going to cost onboard to change all the branded items, not least the big illumination on Deck 10 or will we have mixed branding for a few years  

Our upgrade bids will pay for the new illuminated logo.  All carefully planned. 😉

Edited by marinaro44
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, snowglobe said:

Not so. My understanding is that these new add-on programs will only be bookable with a cruise.

They’ll also be increasing their extended shore excursions offerings too, as well as the pre-/post-cruise programs.

They've been advertising the add ons for a while.  They are very expensive, but don't directly compete with companies like Tauck since they are for specific days before and after voyages.  They are counting on people not wanting to be bothered by booking their own hotels and arranging their own activities in originating or ending cities.  Their challenge is that a large share of their customer base is comprised of seasoned travelers who know how to put together pre and post cruise plans and there are tools such as TripAdvisor that make it even easier for many of us.  Maybe Azamara has had positive traction on these add ons to justify this.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, snowglobe said:

Maybe I misunderstood.  Cruises have sold land tours with cruises. Perhaps Azamara's are different. I have booked add-on tours many times when I didn't have time to shop options. You get great seamless tours at a price. One of the best add on your was a week in Canadian Rocky's with Royal Caribbean. That was more than 20 years ago.  Are we reinventing again?

1 minute ago, hubofhockey said:

They are counting on people not wanting to be bothered by booking their own hotels and arranging their own activities in originating or ending cities.

That’s exactly it in a nutshell.

I think that they are also aiming for the enticement of the luxury land tour market base, to draw them into becoming cruisers as well.