Looks like the Oasis DL is going to be cabins, Not wonderland

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Isn’t Dazzles just renamed the Music hall.   Should still be able to use it during similar hours to Dazzles.

We have to wait and see... On Quantum Class Music Hall is a venue without any windows.

steamboats

36 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The loss of that space doesn’t bother me in the least it’s the adding of more guests to the ship that’s the real issue. 

So true... Actually that area on deck 14 was designed as the outdoor area for the Adventure Ocean. Never worked out and never was used for that purpose.

steamboats

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Here is my question: these new cabins appear to extend out further than the existing structure on deck 14, essentially in the place of the sun deck. Might we see the solarium extend further forward above these cabins? 

The cabins don´t extend further than the existing structure. They go inside the Adventure Ocean too. I assume extending the Solarium would require to remove the whole roof structure. They might not do this (hey, and this would add outdoor space which they just removing).

steamboats

I make a few trips to deck 14 every cruise. It’s a great place to Periscope arrivals and departures from ports. 

Removing more public space and at the same time adding guests is troubling. I am sure there is a marketing study to support it, but removing access to the bridge wings is not going to make me have a sudden urge to ride the Rising Tide Bar, or need another t-shirt. It’s the 100-150 more people that they care about.

The changes to AO are interesting although we need some official look once they are done. For a family cruise line to add more cabins with presumably more kids and cut down on the kid space is surprising, but oh wait, more people more cruise fares.................nevermimd. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

1 minute ago, steamboats said:

The cabins don´t extend further than the existing structure. They go inside the Adventure Ocean too. I assume extending the Solarium would require to remove the whole roof structure. They might not do this (hey, and this would add outdoor space which they just removing).

steamboats

Making the Solarium pool larger would be a nice touch.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, steamboats said:

The can skip the lab and the studio. Workshop is the Escape Room on Symphony/Harmony but according to the new deckplans they move the Nursery there. Wonder where the Escape Room will be located. The Arcade moved down to Playmakers on the Boardwalk. And maybe the Theater is gone too.

steamboats

Was my Guess also.. As I've said in past even adding these additional Cabins there is still lot more Public space per person on today's Cruise Ships then was 25+ yrs ago. Even Cabins are larger...

Edited by ONECRUISER

2 minutes ago, steamboats said:

steamboats

Yes they do. If you compare the before and after plans, they extend all the way out past the bridge wings. Cabin 14538 is a good reference point to compare location.

3 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Yes they do. If you compare the before and after plans, they extend all the way out past the bridge wings. Cabin 14538 is a good reference point to compare location.

That’s what I see when looking at them. It looks like the doorway to the cabin is where deck 14 currently ends. 

15 minutes ago, steamboats said:

We have to wait and see... On Quantum Class Music Hall is a venue without any windows.

steamboats

Have been on 3 Quantum class ships most recently last month.  The music hall takes up 2 floors and the upper floor does have windows.  

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That’s what I see when looking at them. It looks like the doorway to the cabin is where deck 14 currently ends. 

That’s right. Looks like the new cabins take up the entire deck 14 sun deck. Brings me to my earlier question: what goes above them?

26 minutes ago, steamboats said:

steamboats

The rendering of the new Music Hall shows the large windows facing the boardwalk. 

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, steamboats said:

So true... Actually that area on deck 14 was designed as the outdoor area for the Adventure Ocean. Never worked out and never was used for that purpose.

steamboats

Probably why they seemed it not necessary 😉

13 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Less spots for most people onboard to get a glimpse of the ocean; already limited on Oasis-class.  Not a positive improvement. 

Actually,  there weren't enough to begin with. That's the reality of 6,000 passengers 

IMG_20160915_091800.thumb.jpg.58c0257f18cc9bb159b294a416a4ef3c.jpg

55 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I make a few trips to deck 14 every cruise. It’s a great place to Periscope arrivals and departures from ports. 

Removing more public space and at the same time adding guests is troubling. I am sure there is a marketing study to support it, but removing access to the bridge wings is not going to make me have a sudden urge to ride the Rising Tide Bar, or need another t-shirt. It’s the 100-150 more people that they care about.

The changes to AO are interesting although we need some official look once they are done. For a family cruise line to add more cabins with presumably more kids and cut down on the kid space is surprising, but oh wait, more people more cruise fares.................nevermimd. 

mac_tlc

I think Voyager is expanding AO.

And guess what?

Most folks are pissed 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

How much time did you spend on deck 14 forward on your last Oasis cruise?

Allure, and couple hours cumulative I guess over the course of a week.  Would have been more if they would have unlocked the lounge chairs they had stacked up