Drink package discounts

I am booked on Harmony at the end of next year.  What are the chances of seeing more than a 20% discount on the drink package between now and then if you were to guess?

If you think there may be a good chance, does that mean I should sign in every day to check?

Check Black Friday- cyber Monday .   They always have drink package deals then.  Our last cruise we got buy one get one on the deluxe drink package.  They will usually have deals on the restaurants and excursions too.

Edited by melodyrn
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Maybe no really good deals until they recoup costs from the $18 deal this week. 😳

They probably have already sold some cabanas for $1000 since this all started, and that probably takes care of the drink package thing.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

They probably have already sold some cabanas for $1000 since this all started, and that probably takes care of the drink package thing.

$579 for beachfront cabana at Labadee for the 12/29 Oasis sailing.  

15 hours ago, Robinola said:

I am booked on Harmony at the end of next year.  What are the chances of seeing more than a 20% discount on the drink package between now and then if you were to guess?

If you think there may be a good chance, does that mean I should sign in every day to check?

As others have said, prices are pretty much unpredictable.  That being said, it is easy to cancel a purchased package and re-purchase at a better price if you see one.  The 20% off onboard price is the usual cruise planner rate.  However that onboard rate tends to climb upwards every now and then.  You will most likely see a Buy one get one 50% off, that translates to a 25% off per package.  In my planner for my upcoming august cruise, I've been seeing a 30% discount quite frequently lately, but this is on a Baltic 12 night cruise, so discounts are more probable on longer cruises that contain a more seasoned demographic.  Shorter cruises, and cruises that happen during big holidays such as Christmas and new years generally see less discounts. 

The discounts in my planner have been increasing as we get closer to our sail date.  So don't put too much effort this far out from your cruise, anyway, you should be getting emails from royal when sales come up.  The likelihood of another $18 glitch is fairly slim in my opinion, but one can keep their hopes up 🙂

dp

3 hours ago, dpostman said:

The discounts in my planner have been increasing as we get closer to our sail date.  So don't put too much effort this far out from your cruise, anyway, you should be getting emails from royal when sales come up.  The likelihood of another $18 glitch is fairly slim in my opinion, but one can keep their hopes up 🙂

dp

They probably have people double checking the double checkers now. Don't think we ever have to worry about that happening, ever. :classic_smile:

28 minutes ago, retiredgram said:

They probably have people double checking the double checkers now. Don't think we ever have to worry about that happening, ever. :classic_smile:

I know you are most likely right, but I would never call anything impossible knowing what their IT system is like.  There could be a glitch that causes an automatic backup to revert back to a previous months backup and voila... August 1st, Beveragegate all over again 🙂

One can be optimistic...

dp

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Only a $1000? They want $1299 on my cruise. 😲

image.thumb.png.03cfd43be551442b3a61a333ed1ea24b.png

9 minutes ago, PCWalton1 said:

Only a $1000? They want $1299 on my cruise. 😲

Maybe enough people are biting on the $1299 cabanas that they felt they could do the $18 experiment with the drink package.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On our Harmony Oct. 13 sailing I have watched the Deluxe Beverage Package alternate between $52 and $49. We actually got it for $46 when it appeared for a couple of days. I don't pay attention to the sales or what  percentage it says it's off. I just pay attention to the price I feel comfortable paying. I would be amazed if it goes any cheaper than $46 because RCI needs to recoup some lose from the $18 glitch. I will however be watching daily to see if it goes down to $42 but I don't expect it will.

I fetched ours at $43 USD a few months ago and have seen it back at that price several times since then.  But I had originally bought it at $48 about 10 months ago (Down from $50), then cancelled and bought at 46, then 44, and then last time was at $43.

Hoping for lower but not very optimistic.

Still, it is now down over $300 CAD from starting cruise planner price for 12 nights for the 2 of us.

dp

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SanzD said:

Can anyone tell me what the onboard prices are for the deluxe and the refreshment packages on Harmony of the Seas.?

Understand that this can vary cruise to cruise.

23 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Maybe no really good deals until they recoup costs from the $18 deal this week. 😳

This is kind of what I was thinking.  Unfortunately I missed out on this deal!  😞  I've been going in every day, but there wasn't anything earlier that day and I don't think it started until after 4:00 pm.  😞

• Like 1

I understand that the price varies. We leave on Harmony on Sunday and the current price for the refreshment package is $27 per day. Didn't know if I could assume it would be a lot more onboard or about the same price.   We have onboard credit once we get onboard so was wondering if it would make sense to just wait and purchase it after boarding.

10 hours ago, SanzD said:

I understand that the price varies. We leave on Harmony on Sunday and the current price for the refreshment package is $27 per day. Didn't know if I could assume it would be a lot more onboard or about the same price.   We have onboard credit once we get onboard so was wondering if it would make sense to just wait and purchase it after boarding.

I doubt it will be a lot more than $27 onboard.