what can I change my mini bar out for?

bcnvcanada

Someone just posted this link on a recent thread on the topic:

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/membershipFAQ.page

I’m an Elite member, is there a way to customize my mini-bar?

Yes, you can make changes onboard by dialing room service. Mini bottles of liquor can be exchanged; liquor can also be exchanged for beer. You can also exchange the entire setup for: a bottle of wine, coffee cards, sodas only or waters only.

We usually exchange ours for a combination of Diet Coke and Bottled Water - I think it worked out to 9 each on our most recent cruise.

Edited by karatemom2

28 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

So, for a 29 days transpacific, we can trade our one-time mini bar setup for two coffee cards good for the entire cruise?  I'm all over that!

You'll get 15 specialty coffees with each package and as many cups of fresh brewed coffee and specialty teas you want.

I traded out my second minibar for a bottle of red wine on my back-to-back cruises on the Island. I called the last day of my first cruise to tell room service what I wanted. And someone brought it on my turnaround day. I wish there were a way to request this in advance of any cruise.

• Thanks 1

Would this exchange also apply to guests in suites?  We are not Elite but they provided us with that complete mini bar on a previous cruise and we didn’t use any of it. We’ll be in a penthouse suite in August. Can we ask for an exchange, too?

2 minutes ago, turquoisesea said:

Would this exchange also apply to guests in suites?  We are not Elite but they provided us with that complete mini bar on a previous cruise and we didn’t use any of it. We’ll be in a penthouse suite in August. Can we ask for an exchange, too?

Yup

One continuing issue is whether a coffee card on a back to back is good for both segments...or closed out after the first cruise.  It has proven elusive to get a good answer to this question.

Hank

2 hours ago, Hlitner said:

One continuing issue is whether a coffee card on a back to back is good for both segments...or closed out after the first cruise.  It has proven elusive to get a good answer to this question.

Hank

exactly - It would be too hard for Princess to simply state that you coffee package is good from the moment you step on the ship until you get off ... no matter how it is booked .

and then Princess can set different ... and then Princess ... and ...

2 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

That has yet to be determined but I'm going to check it out next B2B cruise.

Something tells me that it's being Interpreted differently on different ships at this point.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, kootz said:

Changing out mini bar to coffee cards. We will be on a 16 day cruise.  Is every cruise the same amount of coffees whether it s a 7 day, 10 day or 16 day????

Each coffee package is for 15 specialty espresso drinks plus unlimited brewed coffee, specialty teas and hot chocolate for the cruise. Trading the entire mini bar gets you two coffee packages. No difference based on length of the cruise.

4 hours ago, 1965 said:

Boy does that take me way back! 😁

Does this help you in getting back too ? :classic_smile::classic_smile:

Tom

Ramblin' around this dirty old town
Singin' for nickels and dimes
Times getting rough I ain't got enough
To buy me a bottle of wine

Bottle of wine, fruit of the vine
When you gonna let me get sober
Leave me along, let me go home
I wann'a go back and start over