2020-2021 Explore4 Appears to Offer Different Benefits

boze9999

1449951878_Screenshot2019-07-2813_56_16.thumb.png.e3d53840bd8d0147ad5074cea71fa796.png

FYI - I found this on the HAL website over the weekend (it now seems to be hidden until the August 1st - and not before- debut). Note the changes. I couldn't get into the "terms and conditions" so I don't know the value of the internet or the OBC. Gone is the Signature Beverage Card & free 3rd/4th passenger. It also doesn't go into affect until 2020 so excludes any 2019 cruises......

I see nothing here that would motivate me to make a booking I wasn't already planning. The "up to $800" is for "up to Pinnacle Suites" and most of us are not staying in one. 

Face it, the SBP was the biggee in Explore4. People will vote with their feet...

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing the scoop with us 🙂 

SBP doesn’t have the attraction for some of us that it does for others.  SBP is fine except for the wine choices.

I like this package as it would let me order the wine I Iike as opposed to be being restricted.  Of course, it would depend on how it affects pricing.  

As always, you need to do the math 🙂 

We booked Explore 4 in the past and felt it was a great promotion. We recently booked a trip for May 2020 that included the SBP, PG dinner, and reduced deposit. Yes, the pricing did go down some afterwards but not enough to give up the package. Based on this, I am  really glad that we did, as I was wondering if we should hold until Explore4. 

Who knows. Maybe on 8/1 the details could be different? 

• Like 1

I am glad they are not offering the Beverage package as we have never found it to be a great value for us.  Rather take a lowere price.  I feel the same about alot of OBC - give me the lower price.

After reading this, I looked at our 24 day itinerary this morning. I just happened to check the pricing yesterday. It had dropped $600 total over the weekend compared to what it was when we had booked. Today the pricing has skyrocketed! More than $1,000 higher than  yesterday for the two of us. Guess HAL is prepping their pricing for Explore4. 

I missed the free gratuities promotion and would have like to compare that. It may have been more attractive. 

Question - we have a great aft cabin. I believe of we choose to transfer to a different promotion, in addition to loosing existing promotions, we would be risking loosing our cabin during that change? Is that correct? I was told this in the past and decided yesterday not to pursue the lower pricing because of that. 

Edited by Vineyard View

9 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

Question - we have a great aft cabin. I believe of we choose to transfer to a different promotion, in addition to loosing existing promotions, we would be risking loosing our cabin during that change? Is that correct? I was told this in the past and decided yesterday not to pursue the lower pricing because of that. 

No, you shouldn’t lose your cabin.  You should just be refared (same booking #) I believe.

I’ve changed before and never had to have it re-booked or risked losing my cabin.

The only time it had to be done was over 10 years ago when I got a private Mariner deal and for whatever reason, it had to be rebooked.  I have a feeling that TA wasn’t as knowledgeable as they should have been.  I stopped using that TA after that cruise 😉 

Final payment on our Eurodam cruise is due Aug 1, and I was wondering if it would make sense to try and switch our promotion to Explore4 before our PCC processes that payment.  Seeing what it is expected to be, I'll be fine staying put with the air credit we're getting under the original promo we booked under. 

It's not really Explore 4 is it?  There isn't 4 Extras + Bonus Deal, there is 3 Extras + Bonus Deal + possible Beverage Card! It states Beverage Card for kids or extra guests, but not a Beverage Card for the booking guests!

There is something wrong with this screenshot. Why would a $25 beverage card be for kids or guests UNLESS the SBP was included in the deal? Don't read too much into this. I predict this is a draft page not meant for public view and the actual Explore4 package revealed on August 1 will not look like this and WILL include the SBP. I think Celebrity is winning over their customers (included me on the last cruise) by including a bev package in deals. We will see.

• Like 2

Not that much different from the Early Booking Bonus promo they ran in May this year.  It had:

SBP

50% deposit

Pinnacle Grill Dinner

$200 OBC for suites

Need to see fare difference to get a feel.  Internet isn't important for us.

I mentioned this to our PCC today and she said we would lose our pre-paid gratuities on our upcoming cruise, so definitely not worth it for a 26-day cruise.  Our cruise next year has the old Explore4 (SBP), just hope this change does not affect that.

Silly notice - they can't even get the grammar right!

11 hours ago, msmayor said:

Final payment on our Eurodam cruise is due Aug 1, and I was wondering if it would make sense to try and switch our promotion to Explore4 before our PCC processes that payment.  Seeing what it is expected to be, I'll be fine staying put with the air credit we're getting under the original promo we booked under. 

I was told that an E4 promo which becomes available on 8/1 only applies to cruises with final payments due AFTER 8/1.

22 hours ago, crystalspin said:

I see nothing here that would motivate me to make a booking I wasn't already planning. The "up to $800" is for "up to Pinnacle Suites" and most of us are not staying in one. 

Face it, the SBP was the biggee in Explore4. People will vote with their feet...

Yea since there are only 1 or 2 Pinnacle suites on each ship....that $800 OBC "bonus" is really hard to get. To bad they are getting rid of the drink package offer, $25 non-alcoholic drink cards for kids...what if you have no kids. And we all know HAL does not have the great internet service.  We've made it to 4 stars, I wonder if the laundry benefit is long for the New HAL?

1 hour ago, lstrong said:

We were waiting for the Explore 4, but If no SBP included we will look at celebrity....

I am looking at finalizing the second leg of a B2B on a sailing that was just released and was so excited when I saw this promo ...

I will be disappointed if the SBP isn't included, though.  I can get a very similar sailing on a newer Princess ship in a balcony with the beverage package, gratuities and $200 onboard credit for $300 less overall ... but it would mean having to transfer ships.  Might be worth it, though ... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I am looking at finalizing the second leg of a B2B on a sailing that was just released and was so excited when I saw this promo ...

I will be disappointed if the SBP isn't included, though.  I can get a very similar sailing on a newer Princess ship in a balcony with the beverage package, gratuities and $200 onboard credit for $300 less overall ... but it would mean having to transfer ships.  Might be worth it, though ... 

What is the princess sailing that was just released that you are referring to, if you don't mind sharing?  thanks!

Just now, sirvegetables said:

What is the princess sailing that was just released that you are referring to, if you don't mind sharing?  thanks!

No, not at all ...

The Princess sailing is not the one that was just released ... it was a Pacific Coastal on HAL late next Sept that was just released.  

BTW, it didn't look as though HAL was going to have any Pacific Coastals available at the time when I booked the first leg of that B2B so, I booked a balcony cabin with a refundable deposit on the Royal Princess back in May under that promo with all those perks.  I would rather stay on the same ship for a B2B but, ... well, you know!!