Which is it? Conditioner or Body Wash?

Cyn874

I'm packing for my cruise on Ovation and trying to save space by not bringing body wash or conditioner if they already have it in the (interior) cabin bathrooms. I've searched the forum but I'm seeing mixed information. Some people say the dispenser in the shower is a 2 in 1 Shampoo/conditioner. Other people are saying it's a combination of shampoo and body wash. Does anyone know what it actually is? 

Just now, matj2000 said:

It really does not matter what it is..  It will work just fine..

You will be exactly as clean as if you used some very expensive shampoo/conditioner...

It matters if it's a shampoo/conditioner combo because you can't use conditioner as a body wash. It leaves a bit of a film and doesn't get you that clean. So if it's 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner, then I'll need to bring body wash. 

If it's just shampoo/body wash combo then I probably won't bring anything because when it comes to conditioner, I can take it or leave it.

It really does not matter what it is..  It will work just fine..

You will be exactly as clean as if you used some very expensive shampoo/conditioner...
I usually agree with you but we are talking hair and skin products here and it does matter!

OP buy travel size products, look online and compare prices with ULTA, Sephora, etc.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks. I'm not looking for expensive product to bring, I use Suave or White Rain. I'm just trying to keep my bags light. 😉 I cruised Princess a few months ago and while everyone swore that the shampoo/conditioner they had on the ship was unusable, I thought it was just fine.

2 hours ago, Cyn874 said:

Thanks. I'm not looking for expensive product to bring, I use Suave or White Rain. I'm just trying to keep my bags light. 😉 I cruised Princess a few months ago and while everyone swore that the shampoo/conditioner they had on the ship was unusable, I thought it was just fine.

Does White Rain still exist?!?!?!?

• Haha 1

I use more expensive stuff washing my car .....

Bring your own   

And hairdryer 

Question wife once  .

Once said they had shampoo and conditioner and a hairdryer. .......on the ship. Apparently not 

Good luck 

It’s shampoo/conditioner and body wash and it’s horrible. It doesn’t lather and makes your skin feel sticky. My wife’s hair was a tangled mess. At home we use the cheap Vo5  products that are always on sale in the supermarket for 79 cents a bottle so we are far from picky. We went to a CVS and purchased three separate products when we called on San Juan. Wish we would have packed stuff from home especially since we drove to port to sail Anthem. 

• Thanks 1

Guess I’m the only one who doesn’t mind it at all. My hair tends to be oily so don’t use much in the way of conditioner. It also works well for washing small items in the sink. I also have no problem with the hairdryer. 

• Like 2

Lol....I'm firmly convinced it's shower cleaner....on our last trip, we brought ALL of our own  toiletries...never touched the stuff in the bottle...yet everyday, the amount got less and less.

I wouldn't touch it....who knows what someone has put in there?

If you have big bottles go to a dollar store or other store that sells travel size containers and buy the plastic travel bottles and fill them with your stuff.  Its what I do when using a carry on and need to comply with the 3 oz. limit.

4 hours ago, gerif said:

Guess I’m the only one who doesn’t mind it at all. My hair tends to be oily so don’t use much in the way of conditioner. It also works well for washing small items in the sink. I also have no problem with the hairdryer. 

Nope, you are not alone.  I echo your sentiments entirely.  The less "stuff" I have to bring, the better!   🙂

6 hours ago, Cyn874 said:

Well you've all convinced me to bring my own. I don't mind using lower end shampoo, but not if it leaves you feeling sticky. Yuck! 

Good call. I understand wanting to keep your bags light. But I definitely don’t trust using the combo stuff on my hair. Travel size toiletries are so easy to find and then I don’t have to bring them home. For other products I use the tiny disposable condiment size containers with lids and fill them with face wash, hair gel, etc. I wrap them in plastic wrap to prevent leaks on the way there. And I throw them away before I come home. 

• Like 1