Oasis Refurb

29 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

Based on the photos and videos being posted on Instagram, the standard cabins have not been updated. Same outdated carpets, bedding, sofas. That's a huge disappointment. Harmony and Symphony are so much nicer. 

I asked my Genie about room refurbishment and she told me that every room received a refresh.  New carpet, new drapes, etc.  I hope it's true !

30 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

Based on the photos and videos being posted on Instagram, the standard cabins have not been updated. Same outdated carpets, bedding, sofas. That's a huge disappointment. Harmony and Symphony are so much nicer. 

TVs appear to be updated and can be a source of extra USB ports now.   I haven't seen the new rooms that were added surface in videos yet.  

6 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I asked my Genie about room refurbishment and she told me that every room received a refresh.  New carpet, new drapes, etc.  I hope it's true !

That may be the case for suites, but you can see clearly that the standard oceanview and balcony rooms on IG at least appear to look exactly the same. 

47 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

so anxious to see rooms- cant find on IG under #oasisoftheseas,  what are you looking under ?

Just now, RFerrington said:

😪

Yeah other than the updated TV and RFID locks, the CP balcony room scope I watched still had all the old furnishings.  Maybe they updated the deck 17 rooms though?  

They might also be timing a refresh with the roll out of the SPA rooms..since those should be getting somewhat updated furnishings.  Furnishings can be changed rather quickly and can be planned for when they have rooms empty until eventually they are all taken care of -- do a handful of rooms per sailing until they are all done.

18 minutes ago, bobkins40 said:

so anxious to see rooms- cant find on IG under #oasisoftheseas,  what are you looking under ?

The most seem to be if you go to "places" in the search, Oasis Of The Seas 1800 Eller Dr, Port Everglades, FL. Most of what I have seen is in public stories. 

Edited by kruzerci

19 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Yeah other than the updated TV and RFID locks, the CP balcony room scope I watched still had all the old furnishings.  Maybe they updated the deck 17 rooms though?  

Yeah- I think the hallway/stateroom staying the same was a huge miss with this refurb 🙁. I'll definitely stick with Harmony and Symphony now. I will say that the public areas look great from what I've seen. 

• Like 1

Just now, kruzerci said:

Yeah- I think the hallway/stateroom staying the same was a huge miss with this refurb 🙁. I'll definitely stick with Harmony and Symphony now. I will say that the public areas look great from what I've seen. 

Not surprised, the older ships still have 30 year old cabinets.

She's only 10 years old

• Like 2

The cost to do a full upgrade of 2,000+ cabin - new furniture, fixtures, lighting, wall coverings - in addition to carpet and drapes was probably cost prohibitive.

Besides, this way they can still charge more for Harmony and Symphony since they have nicer cabins.

• Haha 1

I guess 165M doesn't buy what it used to.  10 years old and doing a lengthy refurb, new carpets seemed like a no brainer.

How is the bedding on Oasis?  A dirty looking sofa would be a buzzkill on a newly remodeled ship.  I get that it's too soon to change much in the way of cabinets and bathrooms but soft stuff................

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CP3o said:

I guess 165M doesn't buy what it used to.  10 years old and doing a lengthy refurb, new carpets seemed like a no brainer.

How is the bedding on Oasis?  A dirty looking sofa would be a buzzkill on a newly remodeled ship.  I get that it's too soon to change much in the way of cabinets and bathrooms but soft stuff................

Carpets, drapes and other furnishings can be replaced on an as needed basis. It’s no surprise that cabins weren’t updated, and it hasn’t been in the plans for many of the ships recently in dry dock.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Carpets, drapes and other furnishings can be replaced on an as needed basis. It’s no surprise that cabins weren’t updated, and it hasn’t been in the plans for many of the ships recently in dry dock.

Exactly.  I would guess that carpet in most if not all of the rooms has already been changed out at least once. As far as cabins being updated, they redid many of the cabins on Enchantment a couple years back, including complete new bathrooms and she was 20 years old at that point. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Exactly.  I would guess that carpet in most if not all of the rooms has already been changed out at least once. As far as cabins being updated, they redid many of the cabins on Enchantment a couple years back, including complete new bathrooms and she was 20 years old at that point. 

I agree about the carpets.

Yep, I think most of the Vision Class got new bathrooms during the “Royal Advantage” revitalization program if I recall correctly. I was mainly speaking to Mariner and Indy, whose cabins weren’t updated with their amplification. 

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

On 11/11/2019 at 2:49 PM, JP82 said:

Don't they have title like Oceanview panoramic? Or is the just the suites in the corners?

Not as of yet.  I am sure they will be reclassified soon enough and prices for those cabins will be more than the 6N category that they are currently booking as.  We booked one for our in-laws while they are still classified at 6N to get the "lower" rate (if that is such a thing on Oasis class ships)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

For anyone sailing in the near future, the Escape room just became available to book for our Christmas cruise on Oasis. 

Thanks..booked it for this Friday!  Surprised the cruise planner isn't shut off yet for my sailing too.

• Like 1