Oasis Refurb

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I guess. You tend to see a lot of folks on Deck 5 aft for sail away.  Webcam seems to favor that spot

Emmy started that trend when Oasis was in Fort Lauderdale and in Port Canaveral 😂😂. Original fav spot for me was deck 11 aft public balcony before they created stateroom there.  

1 hour ago, emmy said:

Emmy started that trend when Oasis was in Fort Lauderdale and in Port Canaveral 😂😂. Original fav spot for me was deck 11 aft public balcony before they created stateroom there.  

I thought of you when I said people gather there.

@Biker19 would be amused that you are speaking in 3rd person

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We will try it again when on the Oasis, but on the quantum not good   The drinks weren’t nearly as good as those made by a bartender and severed in plastic cups.  Also we noticed the bionic bar broke down frequently   That was a few years ago and I assume has improved 

I haven't even tried it to be honest.  Went a couple times hoping it would be convenient to get a drink maybe in the afternoon but it wasn't open.  Then when it was open it seemed to have a bit of a wait and had some trouble with the ordering pads.  

Either way, the champagne bar is gone, right? not just moved?   They could have removed once last sailing before renovations completed from the Oasis of the Seas "things to do" list.  

1 minute ago, CP3o said:

I haven't even tried it to be honest.  Went a couple times hoping it would be convenient to get a drink maybe in the afternoon but it wasn't open.  Then when it was open it seemed to have a bit of a wait and had some trouble with the ordering pads.  

Either way, the champagne bar is gone, right? not just moved?   They could have removed once last sailing before renovations completed from the Oasis of the Seas "things to do" list.  

The Champagne Bar is no more.  

1 hour ago, jamon said:

Is the comedy club on Oasis now located in Blaze???? And is Blaze still the disco. There used to be late night comedy going on till 11 or 12 at night, how will that work with the disco starting up somewhere around 10ish?????

I think comic shows are 9:00 and 10:30

Chris , 

you look dapper, comfortable , and competent in pic , you are exuding confidence and an eager willingness to help guests have a great Royal experience. 

I hope Royal realizes that your social media presence is a boost to the brand. 

Good job !!! 

-

hope wife and I get to meet you and thank you in person for your efforts and dedication 👍🏻

• Like 2

After refurbishment what are the options for specialty coffee (latte etc) that’s included in refreshment package. 

I know that Starbucks in still an upcharge 

how about  

Cafe Promenade?  

Park Cafe ?   

-

Even better if someone on board could chime in or post coffee menus for 

Cafe Promenade 

Park Cafe 

and any other premium coffee opportunity 

Thanks 

8 minutes ago, HappyCouple72 said:

After refurbishment what are the options for specialty coffee (latte etc) that’s included in refreshment package. 

I know that Starbucks in still an upcharge 

how about  

Cafe Promenade?  

Park Cafe ?   

-

Even better if someone on board could chime in or post coffee menus for 

Cafe Promenade 

Park Cafe 

and any other premium coffee opportunity 

Thanks 

None of the coffee places changed with the refurb. 

On 11/25/2019 at 9:55 PM, John&LaLa said:

How about the other new shows?

I finally saw One Sky.  I posted about it on my blog on the other message board but I'm not allowed to link that site, so I will copy pasta my opinion of it sans photos.

One Sky is one of those medley shows that I have become accustomed to expect for cruiseship entertainment.

It is a bunch of songs with singing and dancing. All the songs tie together loosely by a common theme. In this case the theme is "sky".  Bet you didn't see that one coming.

Some songs sounded familiar and a couple I knew for sure (looking at you Britney Spears). Basically whatever songs Royal could afford to license for this.

It was singing and dancing and choreography and some aeralists. Not bad for the 2nd (I think) actual full show.
Impressive props and all, it was still no Flight.

It was an enjoyable 50 minutes and one didn't leave the theater scratching their heads....looking at you The Gift.

PS..no popcorn thus no popcorn smell!

Edited by AshleyDillo

On 11/26/2019 at 7:22 AM, blueridgemama said:

is there an aft viewing  area off the running track with chairs like on Symphony?

Yes, but seating is limited.  Make sure you get there early and claim it with your blue towel.

20191127_233309.thumb.jpg.e83dd1a6a02db2a0b91b790281e4791a.jpg

Edited by AshleyDillo