Muster Drill in the rain?

CCC3

On some ships muster is inside, such as in a lounge or restaurant.  So without knowing which ship it's hard to know whether inside or out.  But muster stations remain the same no matter the weather.  I do believe there are exceptions for persons with disabilities,  but those have nothing to do with weather. 

1 hour ago, CCC3 said:

If it is raining at the time for the muster drill is it still held outside at your muster station?  How about during a thunderstorm?

IF the ship is sinking and you don't go to the muster station you will be Sink or swim 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

On some ships muster is inside, such as in a lounge or restaurant.  So without knowing which ship it's hard to know whether inside or out.  But muster stations remain the same no matter the weather.  I do believe there are exceptions for persons with disabilities,  but those have nothing to do with weather. 

Yes, I agree that people with disabilities attend muster inside.  We’re leaving Saturday, and there is a strong chance of rain/thunderstorms around the time of the drill.  Just wondering if they moved them inside in bad weather, or not. 

52 minutes ago, CCC3 said:

Yes, I agree that people with disabilities attend muster inside.  We’re leaving Saturday, and there is a strong chance of rain/thunderstorms around the time of the drill.  Just wondering if they moved them inside in bad weather, or not. 

What ship?

5 hours ago, CCC3 said:

If it is raining at the time for the muster drill is it still held outside at your muster station?  How about during a thunderstorm?

We've been moved into the main theater when the weather was inclement.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CCC3 said:

of course.  also extreme wind, and snow.    do you honestly think that in the case of emergency it will only happen in nice weather?  

same with embarking and disembarking.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spookwife said:

of course.  also extreme wind, and snow.    do you honestly think that in the case of emergency it will only happen in nice weather?  

same with embarking and disembarking.  

LOL, no I don’t honestly think that an emergency only happens in nice weather!  That wasn’t my question.  

Edited by CCC3

Thanks, everyone!  I appreciate the kind and helpful information.  It looks like I will just have to wait & see, as it looks like different ships do different things.   We sail on Symphony this Saturday.  

Edited by CCC3

1 minute ago, CCC3 said:

Thanks, everyone!  I appreciate the kind and helpful information.  It looks like I will just have to wait & see, as it looks like different ships do different things.   We sail on Symphony this Saturday.  

On Symphony the vast majority of cruisers muster indoors. 

• Haha 1

Many many moons ago , 15 years ago to be precise  , we did a cruise out of Port Canaveral on Sovereign . We did our muster in the cabin hallway with the room stewards and other crew , we did the cabin occupants roll call, demonstration of how to put on your life jacket with everyone putting on their jackets and the Captain did the usual announcements, location of muster station on back of cabin door etc. 

We had an inside cabin so had no idea what the weather was like outside but it must have been bad. 

It was interesting because we got to meet our neighbours and saw that there was a family of 5 including a baby in a cot in one cabin ! Those cabins were small !!!

28 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

Many many moons ago , 15 years ago to be precise  , we did a cruise out of Port Canaveral on Sovereign . We did our muster in the cabin hallway with the room stewards and other crew , we did the cabin occupants roll call, demonstration of how to put on your life jacket with everyone putting on their jackets and the Captain did the usual announcements, location of muster station on back of cabin door etc. 

We had an inside cabin so had no idea what the weather was like outside but it must have been bad. 

It was interesting because we got to meet our neighbours and saw that there was a family of 5 including a baby in a cot in one cabin ! Those cabins were small !!!

That sounds like the Sovereign cruise we were on that left port Canaveral early because of (I believe) hurricane Charley. Muster in the hallway. We’ve been on many more cruises since then and this was the only instance I can recall of muster being relocated. 

M

We had an aquatheater muster moved too because of thunderstorms.  There are 4 muster groups out there and they put one in the schooner bar, one in the picture gallery, one on the left side of the covered area by the doors to the boardwalk and one on the right side of the covered area (either side of the unfinished horse).  It was a crazy muster that we saw no life jacket demo and saw no movie.

6 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

5 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

That sounds like the Sovereign cruise we were on that left port Canaveral early because of (I believe) hurricane Charley. Muster in the hallway. We’ve been on many more cruises since then and this was the only instance I can recall of muster being relocated. 

M

I was on Grandeur B2B this past January.  It was very cold. We mustered inside, in places like the theater and the Centrum.  (I was in the Centrum, sitting on the floor).