Has anyone attempted to use an old coffee card recently?

judyjudy56

8 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Wine glasses at the bank? When was the last time you opened an account ? 1968?  Now you barley get interest on an account.

Actually, we got only one wine glass, but I really liked it before I broke it. It was probably in 2008.

Jim

7 hours ago, Ombud said:

This is where I get confused. Why would you pay for a new card if you already had one? If just a freebie that you got for trading your minibar, why would you continue trading for the same thing when there are so many options (wine, soda, water)? I can see having 1 extra card bc the minibar swaps out for 2 but cannot see more than 1

I have been asking that question to my self for years when the question cames up. If you don't or can't drink 15 specialty coffee's in a reasonable amount of time over several cruises ( it's been years that this has been going on) Why are you buying the card or trading your bar set up for it. It would be financially beneficial to pay as you go. If you don't like the bar setup as your elite perk and water, soft drinks don't cut it and you don't use your coffee card I think it's time to start another loyalty program on another line that has benefits that are useful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/19/2019 at 4:59 PM, Scotto97 said:

I don't see how Princess can invalidate a card they willing sold with no expiration date.

If they wanted to create and sell new cards with expiration dates that's fine as the purchaser was made aware at that time.

I will be using my card shortly..........they'll be hell to pay if it's refused.

While I understand your point and agree with you, this has been hashed out for close to 2 years, and is a closed matter. The cards are no good any more and there won't be any hell to pay. The Passage Contract gives them the right to do it. Give it up.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

But trading for that which is seldom if ever used is also ridiculous in terms of value

It would be but at the time Princess indicated that the cards would be good on future cruises. 

Who knew that they would go back on their word?

23 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Wine glasses at the bank? When was the last time you opened an account ? 1968?  Now you barley get interest on an account.

Forget wine glasses. Today here in Florida all the banks around us are now offering cash to open up an account & maintain it for 90 days.

We've opened accounts in three different banks so far. 

38 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

It would be but at the time Princess indicated that the cards would be good on future cruises. 

Who knew that they would go back on their word?

Forget wine glasses. Today here in Florida all the banks around us are now offering cash to open up an account & maintain it for 90 days.

We've opened accounts in three different banks so far. 

I guess the banking business is hurting. I don't even go in a bank any more. Everything is electronic.

• Like 1

Just now, Iamcruzin said:

I guess the banking business is hurting. I don't even go in a bank any more. Everything is electronic.

Funny thing you say that. It's the one electronic item we still maintain by using the old fashioned system. I deposit my dividend checks manually, withdraw cash using a teller with a withdrawal slip, use auto deposit & never use an ATM card.

When I receive an email telling me that by account is about to be closed or has been hacked, I know it's pure BS. 

Guess I'm just to old to retrain. 

19 hours ago, steelers36 said:

I don't agree with trying to punish staff for a Corporate HQ decision one doesn't agree with or like.  It's like docking your waiter in a restaurant if a chef poorly cooked your meal.

I was a food server for 40 years - this happens because it's the only way a customer can "fight back" when management was unresponsive. really didn't blame them.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I have to go into a bank soon. (I used to use the branch inside my local Safeway store but Wells Fargo removed it.) Normally I use an ATM if I need cash but we just got back from a trip and I no longer have my $100 bill and $50 bill that normally reside folded up in a compartment of my wallet. I can get a $50 bill at the ATM but not a $100 bill. Thus I will need to actually go into a bank. Bleh. 

The last time I actually went into a bank was to turn in a bogus $100 bill I found. The paper was good - checked with "the pen" but the internal stripe was in the wrong place so it was a washed $5 bill. The imaging looked perfect except for one detail... When one held the bill with the picture upright and then flipped it over to the other side the picture was still upright instead of upside down. I showed it o a local restaurant and they looked at it and said it was good and they would be happy to take it. D'Oh! I took it to the bank the next day and turned it in. I had no desire to rip off the restaurant and passing counterfeit money is considered a "bad move" to make.

• Haha 1

okay princess sells a undated 15 premium coffee card for you to enjoy at your leisure

banks the cash $$$

then changes the rules to say your card is now worthless.thanks suckers...

remind me how much princess spends on advertising its premium brand each year someone !!!

as its up there with  recent Thomas cook travel group  collapse for brand destruction...

how safe are we as Pax.depositing money for future cruises with princess..?

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Funny thing you say that. It's the one electronic item we still maintain by using the old fashioned system. I deposit my dividend checks manually, withdraw cash using a teller with a withdrawal slip, use auto deposit & never use an ATM card.

When I receive an email telling me that by account is about to be closed or has been hacked, I know it's pure BS. 

Guess I'm just to old to retrain. 

I guess that's why these offers are happening in Florida. There must be a market for it. I just made my car payment using my smart phone. Here they are turning banks into coffee houses. The only way to get the next generation to go to the bank.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

I have to go into a bank soon. (I used to use the branch inside my local Safeway store but Wells Fargo removed it.) Normally I use an ATM if I need cash but we just got back from a trip and I no longer have my $100 bill and $50 bill that normally reside folded up in a compartment of my wallet. I can get a $50 bill at the ATM but not a $100 bill. Thus I will need to actually go into a bank. Bleh. 

The last time I actually went into a bank was to turn in a bogus $100 bill I found. The paper was good - checked with "the pen" but the internal stripe was in the wrong place so it was a washed $5 bill. The imaging looked perfect except for one detail... When one held the bill with the picture upright and then flipped it over to the other side the picture was still upright instead of upside down. I showed it o a local restaurant and they looked at it and said it was good and they would be happy to take it. D'Oh! I took it to the bank the next day and turned it in. I had no desire to rip off the restaurant and passing counterfeit money is considered a "bad move" to make.

Funny you mention $100 bill. I went to a large well known national  bank to change $20's for a $100 to give as a gift. The bank was out of $100's. I had to hunt for my Check book and blow the dust off of it and write a check.  I hope the  teen we gave it to knows what it is and what to do with it. Thankfully they can be deposited using a smartphone.

you people sure Waffle on about anything other than the Post topic !!

i dont care about your funny money yankee bills!!!

i want  the coffee i payed for,and princess is withholding.

somethings wrong with this company,if it cannot Honour its pre purchased drink cards!

Enron .berny maddoff .ring a bell...XXX

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Good for the next cruise and good on future cruises is not exactly the same thing.  

I assure you that Princess never intended for people to game the system by collecting multiple cards, just because they did not value the free mini bar set up or they wanted to use nonrefundable OBC.  

Glad it is over.  (Except the complaining of course)

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 6

24 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Plenty of cruise lines sailing the seas. 

Agreed. Those who are irate and inconsolable about their "tragic loss" due to the program change should vote with their wallets and move to a different cruise line. They may want to make sure it's not under the Carnival umbrella in order to be certain their departure hurts more.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, victory2020 said:

I was a food server for 40 years - this happens because it's the only way a customer can "fight back" when management was unresponsive. really didn't blame them.

My take if there is a food prep issue is to describe it to the waiter who then conveys it to the kitchen.  I have found that the restaurant wants to make it right as they can.  If I just didn't think a dish wowed me, I might give that feedback at meal's end.  But I would not impact on the server.  Now, if we weren't paid attention, or were delivered wrong items, or missed items, then I see that as wait staff issue.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I have been asking that question to my self for years when the question cames up. If you don't or can't drink 15 specialty coffee's in a reasonable amount of time over several cruises ( it's been years that this has been going on) Why are you buying the card or trading your bar set up for it. It would be financially beneficial to pay as you go. If you don't like the bar setup as your elite perk and water, soft drinks don't cut it and you don't use your coffee card I think it's time to start another loyalty program on another line that has benefits that are useful.

Maybe the all the extra coffee cards were being sold on Ebay?

As long as I can remember there has been a line hidden in the terms and  conditions: "Princess Cruises may modify, amend or update the terms and conditions of our beverage packages at any time with or without notice to guests." This applies to all beverage programs

Back to OP: apparently only 1 person was able to use an old card but it was not a hoarded wad of cards, just 1 card + 1 drink. Act as if they're worthless / be pleasantly surprised if honored for 1 additional month

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I used to buy a coffee card and it would last me 2 cruises.  I don't drink the specialty coffees at all, but I drink a LOT of brewed coffee.  A lot.  I love it.  I even would grab a cup about 10:30 or 11:00 after the show from the IC before I headed back to the room to go to bed.  On the second cruise I could get 15 cups of brewed coffee.  For me, it was worthwhile.  When we were going on our 15 day cruise to Hawaii, I actually had a coffee card from my last cruise, but I bought a new one for that one, because 15 punches wasn't going to cut it.  I had unlimited coffee for 15 days with a new card, same price.  So then I was in the possession of 2 coffee cards, with no punches in them to use.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Good for the next cruise and good on future cruises is not exactly the same thing.  

I assure you that Princess never intended for people to game the system by collecting multiple cards, just because they did not value the free mini bar set up or they wanted to use nonrefundable OBC.  

Glad it is over.  (Except the complaining of course)

How was collecting unused cards "gaming the system" ? 

10 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I guess that's why these offers are happening in Florida. There must be a market for it. I just made my car payment using my smart phone. Here they are turning banks into coffee houses. The only way to get the next generation to go to the bank.

Here where we live we've got 5 to 6 banks on every main intersection and there still building more. It's got to be all those people migrating from the high tax areas in the NE that attracts them. 

Must be a lot of money to be made in banking.

11 hours ago, challis said:

how safe are we as Pax.depositing money for future cruises with princess..?

I think you would be safer if you tell Princess that you will be paying for your future cruises after the cruise ends.  This way your money is safely in your pocket and you'll be able to really enjoy yourself on those cruises.

12 hours ago, victory2020 said:

A dissatisfied customer "fights back" by using their feet.  The walk on past that business and go over to the competition.  You don't hurt the business in the least by paying full price to the company and stiff the workers instead.  That just doesn't make any sense  to me at all.

• Like 3