Has anyone attempted to use an old coffee card recently?

judyjudy56

I understand no longer honoring the unlimited cups of brewed coffee/tea but I really don’t understand not honoring the punch portion of the card. It seems like that’s already paid for so why not honor the punch portion only?

Plus people keep saying that Princess was advertising it but those people that don’t know anything about cruise critic didn't know that was happening. I have friends with unused coffee cards and they didn’t know. How would they? Where was this advertised? 

• Like 3

Sorry but guest cannot win this one.  The official line will be we advertised and gave notice to everyone. You need to talk to Customer Service (On Land)  and then they will tell you the same thing. So then left with two options, credit card chargeback, very had to win in this case, or arbitration as stated in the cruise contract.  And good luck it you try that route. 

Because regardless of what anyone was told the terms & conditions of the cards allow it.

Terms and Conditions

• Princess Cruises may modify, amend or update these terms and conditions of our beverage packages / offers at any time with or without notice to guests. The terms and conditions as published on princess.com on the date of sailing will apply, in addition to the terms and conditions of the passage contract.
  • Not all exclusions or limitations can be foreseen or published here and may exist or be implemented with or without notice.
  • By purchasing a coffee package, you agree to these and all future terms and conditions.

https://book.princess.com/cruisepersonalizer/onboard/viewservicelisting.page?service=beverages&items=0535,0532,0540,2314,2316,0482,0481,0496,0497,0498,0499,0480

• Like 1

Today aboard the Crown Princess the large coffee cups have disappeared and there are new regular thinner white paper cups that are too hot on one's hands IMO.  On Crown, being Medallion class, it appears the new coffee package is in full swing.  Still better than syrup coffee, though. 

11 hours ago, Scotto97 said:

Amazing how people jump to conclusions, assuming I'll be yelling and throwing a tantrum.

But this is typical of cruise critic jumping to concussion of many postings.

Those tactics hardly ever work, and leads to the embarrassment of the perpetrator and those around him /her.

Nobody wants to help a jerk.......

For me, "Hell to pay" means being a strong negotiator, but always polite and respectful. 

Although I do agree that they should let those older cards cycle out of the system I doubt that there's much hope of forcing the issue.

I would be there right along side you with support for as much good as it would accomplish. At least the manager/officer would know that the people were't happy with their decision to steal people's coffee punches. 

btw- we have literally dozens of unused coffee cards, so don't feel so bad.

13 hours ago, Scotto97 said:

Amazing how people jump to conclusions, assuming I'll be yelling and throwing a tantrum.

Those tactics hardly ever work, and leads to the embarrassment of the perpetrator and those around him /her.

For me, "Hell to pay" means being a strong negotiator, but always polite and respectful. 

Because, of course, Princess will make an exception for you and only you.  Some folks are so filled with entitlement and self importance!  I'm actually a bit embarrassed for you.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Scotto97 said:

I think using this same technique works well for getting a seat at the Captain's dinner table ...:classic_tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Musky Ike said:

On the Caribbean Princess as of 2 weeks ago they took and old card and applied the unused punches to your current account.

Wow, it's the first time I've heard about that. Consider it a one time experience I suppose. 

1 hour ago, c-boy said:

naaa, it was because he was elegantly dressed on formal night.   😏

Neither actually 😉 it was 6AM. But I was polite and expecting nothing. Saw him later explaining to other servers how to do it. So it must have been new to them.

3 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I think using this same technique works well for getting a seat at the Captain's dinner table ...:classic_tongue:

Wow - Does being condescending to others give you pleasure?

Perhaps it's time for another cruise...................

I honestly thought Princess had a "Captain's table," but was mistaken - (Another post)

But at least my post created the opportunity to hear some great stories from fellow community members. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Did you mean "gracious"?

Darn auto-correct.:classic_ninja:

No. I actually meant gratuitous; meaning being offered without compensation.  But it was also a very gracious offer too. I did learn my English by attending the Leo Gorcey school of artickleation, but in this case, I believe I may have gotten this one right.  And I do know what you mean with auto-spell corrections.

Regards,

Tom

• Like 1