Just booked a Halloween cruise

CruiseMomTX

24 minutes ago, CruiseMomTX said:

We just booked a Halloween cruise on the Symphony sailing Oct 26th, what have we gotten ourselves into? lol  

I'll have to look for some Halloween reviews to see what to expect but if anyone has any info in the meantime I would appreciate it!!

We were on her last Halloween. Big party in the promenade at night. Guest costume parade and contest for best costume. Several hundred in full all out costumes. Pretty nice haunted house set up in the ice rink.  Enjoy it is fun. 

IMG_3361.thumb.JPG.7100817f3d7a743092dc94b7650fefd8.JPGIMG_3381.thumb.JPG.9803b2adeccc0826eb8367e4faf7493a.JPG

• Like 1

Let me add to my post above. We were on the transatlantic and there were fewer then a dozen kids.  The kids that were in the kids club were taken out to trigger treat at some of the shops around the promenade at about 5pm and then off to a pizza party and a short trip to the haunted house.  

Yeah, because of the time of year, it was mostly adults on that cruise.  I would say 70% of the passengers were heavily costumed.  20% were lightly costumed.  IE almost everyone is in costume.  We were on that TA.  Fun times.

It was a pretty impressive display of getting made up.

fun night and I hate that crap.💀

jc

6 hours ago, CruiseMomTX said:

We just booked a Halloween cruise on the Symphony sailing Oct 26th, what have we gotten ourselves into? lol  

I'll have to look for some Halloween reviews to see what to expect but if anyone has any info in the meantime I would appreciate it!!

I'm on your cruise  no costume plans. 

Laura has a black top with sequin pumpkins

On 9/27/2019 at 4:37 PM, CruiseMomTX said:

My husband and myself are on this cruise also.

We were on Liberty last year during Halloween.  Lots of Costumes but lots of folks without costumes, so if you want to dress up you will be in good company. If you don't want no one will think twice.

JDT9C0%XRNmapo5C3wo%ow.jpg

KdlViLFIT5GiQrsfdS6O+w.jpg

oFUKi+WZRFmCcJt7zRIMWg.jpg

jJUDY+4SQT65H6NZTMQGYw.jpg

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

Last year I was on a Halloween cruise that was great, the kids from the child care center were all dressed up in customs, they went trick or treating to the various shops, participated in a parade, and got in an elevator car and would shout Boo! at each stop.  

On 9/27/2019 at 4:54 PM, booplesnoople said:

I'm on the Halloween cruise on Mariner sailing Oct 28! I've heard about a Halloween party and costume contest, but not much else. Still excited! 

(And following along to see what people say!)

I'm on your cruise!! I have a simple costume planned and then I just bought a Halloween bathing suit. It's my favorite holiday and I'm so excited for the party!

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 4:54 PM, booplesnoople said:

I'm on the Halloween cruise on Mariner sailing Oct 28! I've heard about a Halloween party and costume contest, but not much else. Still excited! 

(And following along to see what people say!)

We are on your cruise, also.  We are dressing up (moderately, not a huge amount of extras to take, but enough to be part of the fun).  This should be a fun cruise, with two perfect days at Coco Cay and Halloween!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

We are on your cruise, also.  We are dressing up (moderately, not a huge amount of extras to take, but enough to be part of the fun).  This should be a fun cruise, with two perfect days at Coco Cay and Halloween!

I'm so excited! My brother was going to dress up as Captain Cutler's Ghost from Scooby Doo until we couldn't figure out how to get the dive helmet on board. 

33 minutes ago, Rickyz23 said:

quick question guy since it looks a couple of us going on this trip has anybody sailed around this day wife first cruise and she freaking out over hurricane season i did see it most likely will be raining? 

You are unlikely to have any issues, but , next time, don't book anything between July and Nov. from any East Coast port.

50 minutes ago, Rickyz23 said:

quick question guy since it looks a couple of us going on this trip has anybody sailed around this day wife first cruise and she freaking out over hurricane season i did see it most likely will be raining? 

I'm banking on it being close enough to the end of hurricane season that either cruise being discussed here (10/28 Mariner or 10/26 Symphony) should be alright. You can always check the NHC's website for current Atlantic Basin activity (which is what I do obsessively, especially being this close to sailing!)

Edit to add the current (as of time of writing, 1:15 pm EST Thursday) 5-day NHC outlook shows only one low pressure blob in the Gulf and nothing active in the Atlantic. (Though us Southeast Coasters know how quickly that can change!)

Edited by booplesnoople

Cruising over Halloween is on much fun!
We think ship with the best party is the  repositioning cruise on the Regal Princess at the end of Oct, from NY to FLL

Maybe your roll call has activities set up for Halloween?

A door decorating contest...
Have a great cruise!

16 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We've done a cruise over Halloween.  It was formal night!!!  Really?  We dressed formal for dinner then dressed up for Halloween and a party on the promenade.  It was fun to see everyone's costumes. 

I was wondering if it would fall on formal night and if so and we take costumes we will just dress up and that will be our formal wear, lol.  I did start looking on Amazon for costumes and also found something fun for our door.  Cant wait!

On 10/1/2019 at 12:02 AM, travelplus said:

We will be on a Med cruise during Halloween should be fun!

Me too...Allure in 2020.  Are you on that one also?  We have such a huge roll call thread, I forget who is on which one.  

We are going to take costumes with us...should be fun.  😉