Doing Away with Water Bottles

Jeter02

2 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Do you get pasta sauce with your pasta straws?

So instead of shooting spit wads you can shoot meat balls?

33 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I prefer the glass water bottles over the aluminum.  I guess the same goes for Bud 🙂

Anyways I wonder how and if they recycle glass?

Here where I live they stopped taking glass recycling over a decade ago because they were no longer using it for roads.  I also would prefer beverages in glass to aluminum.

2 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

We were able to bring plastic water bottles back on to the Edge though from cruise ports.

I would bring back an unfinished bottle of sweetened tea from ports.  The plastic was light weight and easy to hold while walking around rather than glass.  I hope they do not ban passengers from having those when they come back from ports.

• Haha 1

I am for anything that will stop all the plastic in our oceans and if not using a plastic straw or a water bottle will help a little  I am for it.We were on the Caribbean Princess July 27th from Florida to Quebec City and it was sad to see the garbage in some of the ports with most of it being plastic drinking bottles and take out containers.

• Like 4

I had  occasion to try water in a cardboard box recently, and it tasted even better than the plastic bottle water.  It was difficult to take a swig, however, due to the positioning of the opening, kind of on a slant, so my nose kept hitting the cardboard every time I took a drink, and due to awkward positioning, caused water to trickle down my chin.  LOL

Edited by 4cats4me

9 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

On our most recent Caribbean Princess voyage my wife got a paper/cardboard straw with her drink that was falling apart before the drink was even finished. 

Pretty much as I thought.

We'll be bringing a large supply of plastic straws with us next cruise as well as plastic soda bottles.

Let Princess handle the proper disposal. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

We'll be bringing a large supply of plastic straws with us next cruise as well as plastic soda bottles.

Don't be too surprised if Princess either bans pax from bringing any beverages in plastic bottles ... or perhaps assesses a significant fee for recycling or disposal.

If Princess is replacing single-use plastics with more environmentally friendly alternatives, why would they permit pax to bring single-use plastics in seemingly unlimited quantities?  Doing so would be contrary to Princess' new-found environmental conscience.

Edited by pms4104
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tip said:

Some of us care about the environment and then there are those who have the, “It’s all about me” attitude.

I care but let the other countries also join the crusade and then I'll follow the masses. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tip said:

Some of us care about the environment and then there are those who have the, “It’s all about me” attitude.

As soon as this all out push includes countries like China and India then maybe I will start to get overtly concerned about plastics in the ocean.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Potstech said:

As soon as this all out push includes countries like China and India then maybe I will start to get overtly concerned about plastics in the ocean.

All of the so called environmentalists who cruise in this country think because they give up their plastic bottles, straws & grocery bags everything will be so much better. 

If they honestly cared about the situation they wouldn't be sailing on a cruise ship in the first place.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, waltd said:

I hope not.   I have so many plastic logo water bottles that I have been given to me over the years.   I don't know what to do with all of them.  Can't recycle as in our area recycle centers are closing up.   It's a problem.

Walt:  Try this:  When they offer you the water bottle, turn it down!  Every time I buy the Soda Package, they used to give me a plastic soda cup.  I turned it down every time, because I have no use for it.  And I don't want to put it on a shelf at home to collect dust.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

You're 1000% correct. The value definitely does not even out. Unfortunately I'm lame. I don't drink alcohol, or drink coffee. I drink lots of water daily. I just look at it as, great I don't I have spend money on a case, nor bring a case. It's the small things I appreciate.

What's the matter with tap water? I just bring the reusable bottle that I take with me to the gym when I'm home...and refill from my bathroom sink onboard.  Wash it and air dry each night.  Good to go the next day.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Yes the paper straws are garbage. Two sips and it's falling apart. Since my next cruise is 14 days long I've picked up a bag of 100 plastic flexible straws that will be used for my frozen beverages. They are actually already in my suitcase. I also pre- ordered 3 cases of bottled water so that better show up to my cabin also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

So another perk for suites will be eliminated, 2 bottles of water every night.

I personally also drink the tap water, but hubby prefers the bottled.  I shared the information on here with him and he said as long as they provide two cans of water a night for suites, he will be fine with that.

I asked him about the Perrier that was in our mini bar and his response was "yuck".

😂

17 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Use there's & you won't have to bring you're along to each meal & worry about cleaning it each time. 

I don't mind having to turn that two ton cold water tap to rinse out my straw in order to avoid throwing more plastic straws into the Earth's water system.  So I don't worry.  So I don't have to .... "use there's"(sic).

Edited by MotownVoice
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1