Booze for our cabin!

Hi Everyone 

Simple question, I think- -

On our next sailing, on Explorer in December, we have booked an F category, 816. We have been spoiled, usually staying in a PH suite with butler. For this sailing in the Caribbean,  we are in a superior cabin. So,  can we order the liquor and desired bedding before sailing? And how do we do it?

Sheila

50 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Hi Everyone 

Simple question, I think- -

On our next sailing, on Explorer in December, we have booked an F category, 816. We have been spoiled, usually staying in a PH suite with butler. For this sailing in the Caribbean,  we are in a superior cabin. So,  can we order the liquor and desired bedding before sailing? And how do we do it?

Sheila

I would just wait until you see your Stewardess - she will get it for you. You could ask your TA or call Regent yourself (there seems to be a new trend to do that) however, I can only see that making it more difficult for customers with real questions to get through to Customer Service.  As you know, in PH and above suites, we simply fill out the online form.  In my opinion, if Regent wanted people in other categories \to pre-order, they would have an online form for them as well.

Sheila - I think that you may be getting on Explorer after we get off in Miami(?). Apparently the new "spa" will begin on Explorer December 7th so you will be amongst the first to report on it.  Looking forward to learning what their food menu is in CR. 

• Like 1

I think if you call Customer Service on their 800 number in the US they can handle it, no problem.  (I speak from experience... the "new and improved" website wasn't working for those of us in Europe when time came to book cooking classes for the March 2020 cruise...  one call to Customer service - it was done!  And now it is fixed on the site too)

• Thanks 1

I usually just ask our steward/stewardess when we board, if I even think about it.  I actually prefer to be in a lounge if I’m having cocktails, but then again I’m kind of social sometimes.

Although I did have our butler bring me a bottle of Indian single malt last cruise.  It was surprisingly good.

• Like 1

Sheila,

We always have an entry level suite and have received something to fill out our request for liquor and such. It may have come from our TA but it went to Regent and most of the time the liquor we ordered and bedding requests were in our room when we got there or at least by dinner.

Call your TA, but I would not hesitate calling Regent either. You are a loyal customer. 

Our Stewardess has also asked us, if we have any request when we meet her. So there is really no problem in getting fixed up even if you are in a entry level suite.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

I usually just ask our steward/stewardess when we board, if I even think about it.  I actually prefer to be in a lounge if I’m having cocktails, but then again I’m kind of social sometimes.

Although I did have our butler bring me a bottle of Indian single malt last cruise.  It was surprisingly good.

Now you mention you are social sometimes....hmmm. Hope to meet you one of those days on a cruise, swapping stories about old protocols etc. 

:-)

Two observations:

• In our experience, if you are a regular Regent customer, your preferences are on file and will normally be passed to Housekeeping; irrespective of the grade of suite you have booked
  • If you have particular preferences for bed configuration or bedding it makes perfect sense to pass that information to Regent in advance. This will save your Steward/Stewardess having to do things twice on the busy changeover day.

As others have advised simply pass your preferences to Regent; either direct or via your TA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is there an email address that one can use to contact Regent regarding preferences for bedding etc? This would be handy for those in non butler suites. On Crystal there is an onboard guest services email that one can use to make requests for all suite categories without having to call your TA or Crystal. Does Regent have something similar? We live in Australia and calling Regent head office in the States is not a great option. I know I can go through my TA but these are the sort of small things I prefer to handle myself if possible.

On 10/3/2019 at 5:55 PM, Gcto said:

Now you mention you are social sometimes....hmmm. Hope to meet you one of those days on a cruise, swapping stories about old protocols etc. 

🙂

I’m sure we could find something more interesting to discuss...at least I’d hope so!

Email address is   GuestRelations@rssc.com.  I do call Regents around 3 months before our cruise to request what we would like in our minibar set up.  I had read several times here on cruise critic that if you want something special (like a special type of beer)  to make sure to let Regents know in time for Regents to be able to get it.   The last time I did not call, we met with our cabin attendant and requested what we would like and it was 2 days before we got it. (I know that sounds picky . . . it is just easier for us to request it ahead of time)

2 hours ago, mj_holiday said:

Email address is   GuestRelations@rssc.com.  I do call Regents around 3 months before our cruise to request what we would like in our minibar set up.  I had read several times here on cruise critic that if you want something special (like a special type of beer)  to make sure to let Regents know in time for Regents to be able to get it.   The last time I did not call, we met with our cabin attendant and requested what we would like and it was 2 days before we got it. (I know that sounds picky . . . it is just easier for us to request it ahead of time)

Thanks for providing the email address! 

• 4 weeks later...

First Regent Cruise and just in an entry level suite . On Crystal we were able to order spirits for our cabin- 2x1Litres of your choice for the cabin and these were relaced once consumed . The mini bar setup on Regent is just Beer , soft drinks , wine ? water ? We dont drink 1 of those - beer  , and mix something with the soda , otherwise no thanks  -- are we able to ordersay  Gin , Vodka  for the cabin or is this not possible ?

47 minutes ago, hammo said:

First Regent Cruise and just in an entry level suite . On Crystal we were able to order spirits for our cabin- 2x1Litres of your choice for the cabin and these were relaced once consumed . The mini bar setup on Regent is just Beer , soft drinks , wine ? water ? We dont drink 1 of those - beer  , and mix something with the soda , otherwise no thanks  -- are we able to ordersay  Gin , Vodka  for the cabin or is this not possible ?

Not a problem.  Just let your steward or stewardess know what you would like when he or she introduces himself or herself in your suite after embarkation.  They will stock your minibar with the booze you want.  Some people like to contact Regent before their cruise and preorder but we have never found that necessary.

Enjoy your cruise.

Dave