Mariner Status

BananaE29

5 hours ago, Aquahound said:

No OBC.  The only things I prepaid were the insurance and the Signature Beverage Package.  But the SBP wasn't full price.  It was only $140 per person as part of a booking bonus.  Do you think they gave me credit based on the SBP's full price?  Even so, I still don't think it adds up to 6 points.  

All beverages purchased will be used for points calculations, even if they were paid by your beverage package.

Question about Perks. I just checked and I’m 4 days to 4* but when I looked at the benefits it doesn’t  seem to be what I thought it would be. I thought that there was a discount on laundry, but it seems that no level gets a break with laundry....

and in some cases it looks like I’ll lose some Perks going 4*. What goes?Susan

Edited by MaisonRose

4* Mariners get free laundry and pressing. They also get a 50% discount on specialty restaurant dining. There's also a discount on wine packages. 
You lose none of the previously earned perqs when advancing to 4*. You do get an increase in some of them. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MaisonRose said:

Question about Perks. I just checked and I’m 4 days to 4* but when I looked at the benefits it doesn’t  seem to be what I thought it would be. I thought that there was a discount on laundry, but it seems that no level gets a break with laundry....

and in some cases it looks like I’ll lose some Perks going 4*. What goes?Susan

4-Star Mariner

• Available with 200 Cruise Day credits
  • Receive all 3-Star perks
  • Priority check-in, tendering and disembarkation
  • Complimentary laundry and pressing
  • 50 percent off specialty dining surcharges, wine packages, beverage purchases in the Explorations Cafe and mini-bar purchases
  • Free wine tasting session
  • 15 percent discount on logo clothing purchased onboard and merchandise purchased online
  • Complimentary subscription to Travel & Leisure magazine or Food & Winemagazine
  • Complimentary cruise fare for third and fourth passengers sharing a cabin on select sailings

free laundry is our favourite perk being 4*

You keep the perks of 1,2 & 3 star Mariner plus the perks of 4*

Edited by canadianbear

1 hour ago, OVgirl said:

All beverages purchased will be used for points calculations, even if they were paid by your beverage package.

This.

Two years ago we were on Zuiderdam for a 10-night cruise.  We'd booked a suite, so knew we were getting double points (started in a Signature, took an upsell to a Neptune).  We ended up with a total of 30 points...20 for the suite and 10 for spending.

I did a double take because I KNEW we did not spend anywhere near $3,000 in addition to the cruise fare.  We had two ship excursion booked, our gratuities and then the Signature Beverage package - which we got for free as part of Explore 4.  My spa services were also purchased on board (and I'm always good for at least three services each trip).

The difference?  Every...single....drink...priced individually, showed up on our on-board bill as a charge and then a credit.  All we could figure is that every charge 'counted' and they didn't back out the credits.  When we added that up, plus the spa, excursions and gratuities...we did indeed come pretty darned close to the $3k.  I was pleasantly surprised to have that happen.

• Like 1

I knew that they treated the cost of the beverage package as credits whether you bought it or paid for it with your cruise (included as a perk).  Didn’t know about the counting of each drink.  I didn’t see that on my on board account.

Somewhat related question - how many days credit will I get on a 14 day land-sea with 7 days of land and 7 days of sea?   Are there any bonus day calculations for the land portion based on spending?   We are in a suite for the sea portion - does that affect our land side days?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, flyer79 said:

Somewhat related question - how many days credit will I get on a 14 day land-sea with 7 days of land and 7 days of sea?   Are there any bonus day calculations for the land portion based on spending?   We are in a suite for the sea portion - does that affect our land side days?

Thanks!

You do know (I hope) that all of this information is readily available with just a minor effort at doing your own research, right?

We are 3 days shy of advancing from 4 to 5 star. We are booked on four consecutive segments (with four separate booking numbers) on the Westerdam starting in May.

Will the 5 star status begin with our second segment, or will we have to wait for the next voyage after this one?

Thanks

8 minutes ago, Dr.Dobro said:

We are 3 days shy of advancing from 4 to 5 star. We are booked on four consecutive segments (with four separate booking numbers) on the Westerdam starting in May.

Will the 5 star status begin with our second segment, or will we have to wait for the next voyage after this one?

Thanks

You should be able to get the 5 Star status with the second segment, but likely you will have to discuss this with the front desk during the first week.  It just took us 2 weeks to get our last cruise posted, plus if your cruise is part of a longer one it could take longer for HAL to post the information.

9 minutes ago, Dr.Dobro said:

There have been many reports of the change taking place on the second segment.  Email the Mariner society to get approval in writing to show the front desk.

24 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

You should be able to get the 5 Star status with the second segment, but likely you will have to discuss this with the front desk during the first week.  It just took us 2 weeks to get our last cruise posted, plus if your cruise is part of a longer one it could take longer for HAL to post the information.

23 minutes ago, catl331 said:

There have been many reports of the change taking place on the second segment.  Email the Mariner society to get approval in writing to show the front desk.

While some people have been able to get their status upgraded, it has been based on cruise days only not any spending bonus.

Getting a promotion during the second cruise of a B2B that has two different booking numbers is possible, as noted, by pre-arrangement, AND, if it is based on days sailed only...can't include spending, as that takes a couple of days to credit on board spending.

Thanks for the quick responses. Will contact the Mariner people to seek pre-approval.

Another thought: once we qualify as 5 star starting with Segment 2, will we get the two Pinnacle dinners on each segment (2, 3 and 4)?

Thanks again

52 minutes ago, Dr.Dobro said:

Another thought: once we qualify as 5 star starting with Segment 2, will we get the two Pinnacle dinners on each segment (2, 3 and 4)?

Don't count on it. I have taken as many as 4 consecutive segments, although on one booking number, and never been able to get more than the allotted 2 included dinners at the Pinnacle. 
You do continue to get the 50% discount on additional dinners, though.