Cafe Promenade Pizza

16 minutes ago, pgerbphoto said:

Just got back from our cruise on the Mariner, and we LOVED the Cafe Promenade pizza. I’d love to try to make it at home. Anyone out there know what brand of crust and sauce, type of cheese, etc? I should’ve asked while I was there.

No idea about the recipe but agree the pizza is far better than it used to be.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BND said:

Better than what it used to be but still not that great.  I make homemade pizza.  But, if I want really good pizza, I wait til I'm in NYC.

Plenty of really good pizza all over the USA. 

• Like 8

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Duh. I've had pizza all over the USA.  You sound offended.  We love and prefer NYC pizza as do a lot of people.  I never said there wasn't other good pizza.  There's just something about it.  But, to say Sorrento's RCI) is good, lol.  It is very improved, but there was a lot of room for improvement.  My DH's family has taken us to little hole's in the wall in the Bronx that you can't match.  DH does lovemy homemade (from scratch) though.   

Edited by BND

12 hours ago, BND said:

Better than what it used to be but still not that great.  I make homemade pizza.  But, if I want really good pizza, I wait til I'm in NYC.

we have been blessed with a NY style pizza joint here in Pensacola.  makes me almost nostalgic for home.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

but not wings.. only in Buffalo 😉

And that's the source of my objection

Wings

Lobster

Pizza

Crab cakes

Etc.

Just because somewhere is known for something, all of a sudden it's the only place that counts. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, BND said:

Duh. I've had pizza all over the USA.  You sound offended.  We love and prefer NYC pizza as do a lot of people.  I never said there wasn't other good pizza.  There's just something about it.  But, to say Sorrento's RCI) is good, lol.  It is very improved, but there was a lot of room for improvement.  My DH's family has taken us to little hole's in the wall in the Bronx that you can't match.  DH does lovemy homemade (from scratch) though.   

More like annoyed. See post above.

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Where can you get decent pizza in Florida?  We live about 20 min south of Canaveral and I’ve had no luck so far.

Sherri🙂

19 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Where can you get decent pizza in Florida?  We live about 20 min south of Canaveral and I’ve had no luck so far.

Sherri🙂

Zarrella's near the port

Ana Capri just north of downtown CB

Papa Vito's is hit or miss

17 hours ago, pgerbphoto said:

Just got back from our cruise on the Mariner, and we LOVED the Cafe Promenade pizza. I’d love to try to make it at home. Anyone out there know what brand of crust and sauce, type of cheese, etc? I should’ve asked while I was there.

imageproxy.jpg.8eab2325ac07445a1e5c42d2af696c09.jpg

This is the sign they have been putting up talking about their new pizza. I was able to identify the Pepperoni company 🙂 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

And the world!! The very, very best Pizza we ever had was on the Champs Elysee in Paris!  Also, had the best hot dog there as well.  Loved the baguette they used.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Sherri🙂

Come up to St Augustine, we have some award winning local "mom & pop" restaurants that are amazing.  

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I've lived and traveled all over the US with the exception of the pacific NW ( I'll get there).  The best pizza I've ever had was in Tucson, AZ.

• Thanks 1